Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Gridiron Gear watered down?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
northicehero99
I recently bought two boxes of this product and have not had a chance to post my break, but after all was said and done, I really felt why did I buy this?
Will try to get my breaks and hits up this weekend, but wanted to see what your thoughts are.

The gu swatches are mostly small, and I have yet to see any nice rookie patches or patch autos? Where are the almost full card triple colored jersey swatches? or jumbos?

From where this product was in 2005 and 2006, it seems like it has been dramatically watered down.

So what are your thoughts?
Lew47
I've opened three boxes. Pulled a McFadden Auto, Flacco Auto and a Chris Johnson Auto. Seen a few hot boxes that weren't impressive in quality. Pretty much every box I've seen opened in person has had one decent hit.
degibson84
very unimpressive after last year
my 3 hits
user posted image
user posted image
nice patch but im tired of this player
user posted image
Yogurtmania
I liked this product from what I have opened (1 box and a few packs from another). Had some nice hits including a 4-color Steve Young patch, a McFadden jrsy /50, and some other mid-end jrsy and autos. Nothing that I would call "Mojo", but happy nonetheless.
northicehero99
QUOTE(Lew47 @ Oct 24 2008, 08:01 AM)
I've opened three boxes. Pulled a McFadden Auto, Flacco Auto and a Chris Johnson Auto. Seen a few hot boxes that weren't impressive in quality. Pretty much every box I've seen opened in person has had one decent hit.

Wow those sound like a great box and good boxes. Is your vote based on the players pulled? I guess my point was that this product got my interest three years ago because of the nice patches and big gu swatches, but after my pulls this year, I am going what happened to that awesome product. My disappointment is not so much with the players pulled (Montana (Chiefs uniform?), Big Ben, Eli, Flacco gu and no great rc autos), but the quality of the swatches as compared to prior years. In 05 I pulled a nice R Brown 4 color patch almost 3/4 of the card in size, this year the only card with gu that size was the Montana. The rest were all small swatches.
Mike Lindegarde
I'd agree that the product has lost what drew me to it in 05. I hit several jumbo sized patches in 05. In 06 I still hit some nice sized swatches, but not as great as in 05. In 07 I pulled nothing oversized and from what I'm seeing this year, I'm just going to skip he 08 edition of the product all together.
xxxoooxxxNick
my box was gr8! dual hofer patch rookie patch ball auto, and a jsy of one of the best qbs of all time!

i would say no way!
dodgerblue38501
Today a customer pulled a Barry Sanders Jumbo GU /25 at my shop. Seems to be the trend that each box has one decent hit. The breaks I have seen usually have a veteran GU, RC AUTO, and RC Memorabilia.
autocut
I want all the Fred Williamson cards out of that product.
northicehero99
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Oct 26 2008, 12:20 AM)
Today a customer pulled a Barry Sanders Jumbo GU /25 at my shop. Seems to be the trend that each box has one decent hit. The breaks I have seen usually have a veteran GU, RC AUTO, and RC Memorabilia.

Yeah that is what I thought as well. I did ok, just bought this thinking there were nice patches or jumbo swatches available like in previous years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.