Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Upper Deck Very Confused on Redemption Shipping
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Luke2411
On October 3, I received this e-mail from Upper Deck:

Congratulations Jeremy!

We shipped the following redemption(s):

*2007 SWEET SPOT CLASSIC BASEBALL SWEET SPOT SIGNATURES TIER 2 - BARREL BLACK INK CD# SPS-MU STAN MUSIAL

Please allow up to 5 days for delivery. We hope you will enjoy your new collectible! For more information on Upper Deck products, please visit www.upperdeck.com.

Thank You,

The Upper Deck Company, LLC

I bolded the important part.

So, last week, after waiting well longer than 5 days, I called UD Customer Service and was told that the waiting period is actually 14 days, which would put it at the 17th of October. The Rep told me to wait until Monday and if I didn't receive anything to call back on Tuesday.

So, I called today and was told that the standard wait is not 14 days or 5 days, but 21 days, and the rep pointed me to this section of their FAQ page.

UD FAQS

Anyone else have this issue? I've received e-mails from them before on redemptions saying my redemption was shipped on that day, when in fact, I had already received the redemption.

The Rep I talked to today indicated that this is a common occurrence and seemed to imply that it's no big deal. I beg to differ. It should be a pretty simple thing to have your e-mail policy match up with the stated policy on the website (not to mention the stated policy the CS Rep told me last week). And, if you can't get yourself organized enough to get your notification e-mails to actually match when the cards are actually shipped, and they provide mis-leading (or in this case absolutely false) information on your shipping policy, then I think there IS an important issue.

The final thing is that the first Rep I talked to said they send everything via UPS or FEDEX, which I know is not true. The second Rep told me that they only send really high dollar stuff UPS or FEDEX and everything else goes USPS, so they don't have tracking numbers to tell you if the item has been shipped and when it should arrive if it went USPS. Apparently, my $100+ Stan Musial Sweet Spot Auto /15 is not priority enough to send UPS or FEDEX, so I was informed that they have no idea where the item is or when it will arrive.

Any thoughts?
MVPujols
The last redemption I got from UD took forever to arrive. I swear the day they sent the "your redemption has shipped" e-mail until the day it actually arrived was about 2 months. Doesn't surprise me at all.
northicehero99
I usually get the email after or around the same time the card arrives, never more than a week apart that I recall.
aceecards
I have a CUP redemption that showed being shipped on the second.

Got my email on the 17th ? Its marked as shipped and I usually receive before I get the email.

It is a big deal too.!

I was told by customer service that they have no idea how it was shipped but Im too wait 21 days before filing a complaint??

HUH??

Its a $600.00+ rookie auto patch #/19 of that Sergei Kositsyn from the Canadiens and I have it gone for a lot! Many others already got theirs! Im worried. Dont want to get that "stock depleted" phone call or email when I call in 21 days!

aceecards
I may consider forwarding this thread too Chris Carlin!
degibson84
thats crazy cause in the My Redemptions section it says on an item that was shipped on the 9th expect item within 14 days.

on another i redeemed last year for Joe Thomas i received in 3 days after i entered the code online
marcus42
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 21 2008, 10:29 PM)
I may consider forwarding this thread  too Chris Carlin!

make sure you chance 'too' to 'to.' wink.gif

wow I hope he or someone laughs when they read the word 'to' three times in one sentence tongue.gif
msuwendy
I typically get UD's email the same day that a package arrives....which is pretty strange considering that the email always states that 'Your package has been shipped....please allow 14-21 days for it to arrive.'
yodude91
Yea I got an email saying it will be shipped within 14 days. But when I check status online, it says "in process of shipping" or something. And then on the 14th day, I receive another email similar to yours saying "please allow 5 days to ship", and I received it like on the 4th day or so. So i'm guessing it does take around 14-21 for everything to go through.
metsfan2427
i think when i redeemed my two. i think it took like a week or so to get it after it was shipped.
Luke2411
A couple of things in regards to the responses.

First, I think with UD there is a difference between the order being processed and when it's shipped. So, generally if you check your redemptions online, it will say something like, "this order is in the process of shipping along with other items, please wait 14 days for your item to be processed." The way I understand that, it means that IDEALLY you need to wait 14 days before the item will be actually sent to UPS or FEDEX or the USPS for shipping. Once that's happened, they send out an e-mail saying that the item has been shipped and you should wait 5 days for it to get there.

So, all in all, the process SHOULD take up to 19 days. Of course we all know that this never never happens the way it should, and that's the problem.

Second, UD is just incredibly unclear on all of this. The e-mail says 5 days, so I assume it's been shipped. But, here we are 19 days later and I have not received anything. The first Rep tells me 14 days, and the second Rep tells me 21 days, and the website says 21 days, as well. BUT....the e-mail says 5 days.

So, obviously it did not arrive in 5 days, so why put that in the e-mail, if you really mean 21 days?

I think UD's main problem is their coordination. It seems they are SOOO disorganized that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and when it's doing it.

It's like a year or two ago at the National, the CEO says something like, "I had no idea that redemptions were such a problem...we're going to start working on this." Really? You had no idea? This has been the collector's number one complaint with your company for like 10 years.

ANOTHER thing that I forgot to mention, and I'll update the original post with this, is that the first Rep I talked to said they send everything via UPS or FEDEX, which I know is not true. The second Rep told me that they only send really high dollar stuff UPS or FEDEX and everything else goes USPS, so they don't have tracking numbers to tell you if the item has been shipped and when it should arrive. Apparently, my $100+ Stan Musial Sweet Spot Auto /15 is not priority enough to send UPS or FEDEX, so I was informed that they have no idea where the item is or when it will arrive.
aceecards
UD does have a policy of sending "high end" stuff Fedex! unfortunately a lot goes USPS!

I have never recd something UPS from them though!
dd316
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 22 2008, 12:45 PM)
UD does have a policy of sending "high end" stuff Fedex! unfortunately a lot goes USPS!

Not that it really applies to this but I figured I'd throw it into the discussion - when I was doing the Marvel Masterpieces sketches they came UPS.
imacrackr
I never got an e-mail saying my stuff shipped from Upper Deck I just received yesterday not knowing it was coming. I hope you get your stuff but upper deck dropped the ball on this one. No way a Stan Musial shouldn't be shipped UPS
bigalexx
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 22 2008, 09:45 AM)

I get alot of UD Redemptions from DHL
Mattyt777
I've got an even stranger story...

Back in March I pulled a redemption for a Ray Bourque Number Marks auto /25. Since I don't collect hockey, I waited my 45 days and called in for a replacement. I told them I would like football, gave them a list of players/teams, etc. BV on this card is $150

About 5 days later I received the standard "item is in process of shipping. Expect within 14 days".

After the 14 days were up the status changed to "item shipped."

I waited 2 weeks and didn't receive anything. I called UD and they told me my replacement was NEVER SENT!?

They then gave me the whole "our redemption policy is changing and soon you will be able to pick from a list of cards with similar bv if your redemption cannot be fulfilled."

I asked again for a replacement, and the gentleman told me to wait until the end of Sept. to put in a request for replacement.

On Oct. 9th I again put in for the replacement. It still says "item in process of shipping, expect within 14 days."

7 months later I am still waiting... I really hope UD comes through for me, but I'm not banking on it.
Luke2411
QUOTE(Mattyt777 @ Oct 23 2008, 09:47 AM)
I've got an even stranger story...

Back in March I pulled a redemption for a Ray Bourque Number Marks auto /25.  Since I don't collect hockey, I waited my 45 days and called in for a replacement.  I told them I would like football, gave them a list of players/teams, etc.  BV on this card is $150

About 5 days later I received the standard "item is in process of shipping.  Expect within 14 days". 

After the 14 days were up the status changed to "item shipped."

I waited 2 weeks and didn't receive anything.  I called UD and they told me my replacement was NEVER SENT!?

They then gave me the whole "our redemption policy is changing and soon you will be able to pick from a list of cards with similar bv if your redemption cannot be fulfilled."

I asked again for a replacement, and the gentleman told me to wait until the end of Sept. to put in a request for replacement.

On Oct. 9th I again put in for the replacement.  It still says "item in process of shipping, expect within 14 days."

7 months later I am still waiting... I really hope UD comes through for me, but I'm not banking on it.

See, their right hand has no idea what their left hand is doing. You've got someone on one end saying that your card has been shipped when it really hasn't, and someone on the other end purposely not shipping your card because of their new redemption policy, but not letting you know about that. So, now you don't know whether it's been shipped, disappeared or is in some imaginary wonderland. They really need to get their act together. The whole redemption issue from top to bottom is the number one complaint UD collectors have.
TheCircusMonkey
Pretty much every redemption from UD I've redeemed has arrived 2-3 days before I even get the email notification saying the card has been shipped, but I had my first issue with an UD redemption this past month! I got an email saying their new redemption policy won't be implemented until December so I went ahead and gave them the list of alternates (my first time doing this) for some 06-07 SPA hockey redemptions that are over a year old. I then received the email in the beginning of October saying the redemptions had been shipped, and on the UD site it shows a status of Shipped on Oct 3! So far I haven't received anything and the rep said if I don't get anything within 21 days to email them back! I'm hoping I get something by the weekend!
degibson84
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Oct 21 2008, 10:31 PM)
thats crazy cause in the My Redemptions section it says on an item that was shipped on the 9th expect item within 14 days.

on another i redeemed last year for Joe Thomas i received in 3 days after i entered the code online

well today is the 14th day for the one im still waiting on and im going to call them and see what is going on cause even the guy on the phone said you will have a card in your hend within two weeks
Luke2411
Well, it's been 27 days now and no card in the mail. So, that 21 day promise they made didn't hold up to well.

If it's not in the mail this afternoon, I'm giving them another call.

Luke2411
I am one that is willing to admit when I was wrong. In this case, I was right on some things and wrong on others.

I got the redemption yesterday afternoon.

FEDEX had delivered it to our apartment complex on Oct. 22. That's within the 21 days that UD told me it would be delivered in.

FEDEX decided that they are too lazy to leave a tag on my door letting me know that they left the package. So, it's just been sitting there at the apartment office for the last week and a half. And before you say anything about how the tag could have been blown off my door, etc., the apartment complex has nailed little document clips to everyone's door specifically so notices do not blow off. FEDEX has been told numerous times to use those clips for their package notices. The lady at the office told me that they've had this happen a lot recently, and that FEDEX doesn't even bother to go to the apartment and is just dropping off the packages at the office and telling the office managers that they went to the apartments and no one was home (when they didn't). So, according to FEDEX if I don't have a tracking number, I'm just supposed to guess when the package arrives.

So, needless to say, a phone call to FEDEX on Monday morning will be made.

All that being said, UD is still confused about the shipment of redemptions. It did arrive within the 21 days, but 21 days is not what the original e-mail said, and it was not what my first call to customer service indicated. Other people are getting their redemptions before they get an e-mail saying it's been shipped. So, UD is having an important problem with communication, but I did get the package within the 21 days (like the second customer service rep said). So, I was wrong about them not getting it delivered within the 21 day slot.

Oh, and I'm sure you're interested to know what I got. The redemption was for a 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Stan Musial Auto Bat Barrel /15.

They sent me a 2007 Sweet Spot Helmet Auto of Peyton Manning and a 2007 Sweet Spot Rookie Helmet Auto of Craig Davis. The Manning was a name I had on my replacement list, so I'm ok with the replacement.
osufan2383
dude that is a sweet replacement and the davis guy is playing and getting the ball a little bit so that could be a good one in the future
northicehero99
Glad to hear it arrived, but not sure I would trade the Musial bat barrel for a Manning Sweet Shot auto. I would think the Musial would book substantially more than that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.