Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Was i wrong?ebay question
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
storm
I put a Joe flacco lot on ebay last week in a 1 day auction and posted payment due in 3 days as i had a couple big bills going out and needed a little pocket cash (gas,lunch at work,so on so on),so 5 days after the buyer won i emailed and asked for payment status,to which he replied "sorry,my paypal is tied up by someone who claims they did not recieve their item,thanks for your patience.Ill let you know when i can pay for item".Today is 7 days so i emailed and said i was relisting.I checked his current items for sale and none current or ended in the last 10 days accept paypal as payment which tells me he did not have paypal when he bid and won my paypal only auction.I didnt want to screw him over,but didnt want to wait a month for 20 bucks either.Sorry for the long post.
Flurry
QUOTE(storm @ Oct 20 2008, 01:43 PM)
I put a Joe flacco lot on ebay last week in a 1 day auction and posted payment due in 3 days as i had a couple big bills going out and needed a little pocket cash (gas,lunch at work,so on so on),so 5 days after the buyer won i emailed and asked for payment status,to which he replied "sorry,my paypal is tied up by someone who claims they did not recieve their item,thanks for your patience.Ill let you know when i can pay for item".Today is 7 days so i emailed and said i was relisting.I checked his current items for sale and none current or ended in the last 10 days accept paypal as payment which tells me he did not have paypal when he bid and won my paypal only auction.I didnt want to screw him over,but didnt want to wait a month for 20 bucks either.Sorry for the long post.

I don't think so. You put payment due in three days and had a 1 day auction, which suggests you were in a bit of a hurry. You have already been nice enough to wait more than double the time you advised.

If you bid on something, you should make sure you are able to pay and possibly even if a back up way to pay.
osufan2383
it aint ur fault man, i mean if i see paypal only i make sure i actually email the guy and ask if it is ok to send another for of payment before i bid. They let you sometimes
whatwild
Nope thats the way you have to do it now days or else they take sweet tea time!!! I sold cards more than 15 days ago and still havent had payment and they only sold for .99 cents with 2.75 shipping tongue.gif
bigalexx
Just as note, in ebay's new policy you need to wait 7 Days before filing a NPB, then you have to file an NPB, and wait till that closes before you relist.
jaderock
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Oct 26 2008, 08:11 PM)
Just as note, in ebay's new policy you need to wait 7 Days before filing a NPB, then you have to file an NPB, and wait till that closes before you relist.

If that's the case, the earliest you can relist is 14 days. I know what you "state" in your listing, but I'm not sure that has any bearing on when a buyer HAS to pay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.