Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What Was Topps Thinking? Replacement :(
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
thesobons
I had a redemption for a:

2008 Topps Rookie Progression Football, Progression Signature Bronze Parallel of RYAN GRANT. #'d /35 BV $80

His FIRST Auto card!

Well, it's been over 12 weeks so I called about a week and a half ago and I was told that he never signed so they are sending replacements.

Well, right before I went on vacation this arrived:

user posted image

Topps Cosigners Dwane Bowe & Robert Meachem dual auto #5/10 BV????

Well look at the SCRATCH through Bowe's info, and the DENT on the right edge next to Meachem's Auto.

Definitely a damaged card when sent mad.gif

WHY would you send out a card like that???

And they think this is a replacement for an Ryan Grant Auto #'d/35. I think I paid over $45 for it mad.gif

How could the value of a dual Auto of two rookies who still have not been very successful be equal? Other duals of these two sell for about $20-25.

They said they will replace it, but now I have to sent it back certified and wait and hope I don't get another of these two guys.

Sorry just had to vent smile.gif

Robert
marcus42
it seems like Topps is pretty bad with replacing auto's...

I think it wasn't a bad replacement...it's a nice dual auto /10 of two great young WR's.

Bowe was really successful his rookie year (995 receiving yards) and Meachem is catching on.

horrible of them to send a damaged card though, and why wasn't a rare card like that inserted into the actual product? that is bad too...

hope all works out well..
Johnny Number 5
bro,

THat stinks...I Know how important this Grant card was for your PC. Keep bothering them and make sure they take care of you. Did they say why they had to Replace it? IS grant not signing? LMK on any results bud. PS if that repalcement wasnt damaged i would trade for it. But, GOOD luck bro.
j5
jaderock
Replacements are tough...unfortunately not all replacements are equal in the eyes of the beholder. Just like you I would rather getthe card that was supposed to be redeemed (regardless of who it was).
michiganmaniac94
That really stinks. Hope you get a nice new replacement
northicehero99
Man o man. That stinks. I would complain you paid that much for it and it books $80. You should at least get a similar auto of your choice in that bv range. And I agree they sent that damaged probably because they could not give it out as a redemption? Terrible CS.
thesobons
Thanks Guys!

I agree, what we get as a replacement is not always as good as our original card, especially when that card is for the PC.

But sending out a damaged card...That stinks!
degibson84
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Oct 18 2008, 05:25 PM)
it seems like Topps is pretty bad with replacing auto's...

I think it wasn't a bad replacement...it's a nice dual auto /10 of two great young WR's.

Bowe was really successful his rookie year (995 receiving yards) and Meachem is catching on.

horrible of them to send a damaged card though, and why wasn't a rare card like that inserted into the actual product? that is bad too...
hope all works out well..

i agree with Mark the Bowe AU is nice but what the hell. i would never want a card like that so what makes topps think they can give that to a customer???
bigeric
you should send the card to Topps and say that its damaged and they should fix it

not the worst replacement i've seen since both of them are up and coming stars and grant i don't think will be the starter in GB over brandon jackson for very long
MVPujols
Yeah, that sucks. Really was not a horrible replacement but not = to the Grant IMO. Hope they do better on the second try
faulkrules
Yikes - I hope he signed for DLP for both of our sakes...although their replacements tend to be better in general.

Also, I think the companies should send collectors an unsigned version of the card (with stated numbering) if an athlete does not sign. This creates a legit substitute for those who are putting together sets. Maybe stamp it "unsigned" or something to prevent fakes.
thesobons
Topps told me they would replace it, but still a pain.

I finally got it in the return mail today. Will see what happens.

-

Ed, I do sure hopes he signs for Donruss, have 2 redemptions with them of Grant. At least we have 4 or 8 months.
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(thesobons @ Oct 19 2008, 12:17 AM)
Thanks Guys!

I agree, what we get as a replacement is not always as good as our original card, especially when that card is for the PC.

But sending out a damaged card...That stinks!

That is the bad part, Robert. That stinks.
thesobons
Well, I got a replacement yesterday smile.gif

user posted image

BV$100

A bit higher than the $80 on the Grant. smile.gif

And it's a AJ Hawk card I don't have biggrin.gif

Thanks Topps!
degibson84
WOW nice replacement
aceecards
See I thought you were being funny..

You put "Topps" and "Thinking" in the same sentence laugh.gif

Kinda like when they thought that they could replace my Jonathan Ogden Pristine Franchise tags auto/patch #/75 redemption

For

A topps Total Todd Bouman auto!

I have never forgiven or forgot that and never will , every time i look at that Bouman card it just makes me cry!!
degibson84
QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 5 2008, 03:27 PM)
See I thought you were being funny..

You put "Topps" and "Thinking" in the same sentence  laugh.gif

Kinda like when they thought that they could replace my Jonathan Ogden Pristine Franchise tags auto/patch #/75 redemption

For

A topps Total Todd Bouman auto!
I have never forgiven or forgot that and never will , every time i look at that Bouman card it just makes me cry!!

What the jawdrop.gif that has to be the worst story i have ever heard
marcus42
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Nov 5 2008, 02:32 PM)
What the jawdrop.gif  that has to be the worst story i have ever heard

I know, he still has the Bouman card tongue.gif
ffman
Nice replacement replacement there!

I read a story on another board where Topps replaced David Price/Hochevar dual autograph. Topps themselves said the value was around $350, but they sent a guy a card booking $150. The card was nice (BC Lincecum autograph RC), but the value was way off according to Topp's own rep!
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Nov 5 2008, 01:59 PM)
WOW nice replacement

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
thesobons
Tough break Steve. sad.gif

Its always nice to get a replacement with more and another player in the PC biggrin.gif
osufan2383
thats a rough one yeah topps just sends you what they want in replacements and i want to keep buying them, but its not cool. Theyshould pull the upper deck and have you give them a list if you call in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.