Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Sage Squared Football
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
metsfan2427
$127.99 at blowout
Configuration: 8 packs per box. 3 cards per pack.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- FIND IN EVERY PACK - 1 DUAL AUTOGRAPHED CARD AND 1 SINGLE AUTOGRAPHED CARD!
- ON AVERAGE, 1 AUTOGRAPH OF A TOP 2 QB(MATT RYAN OR JOE FLACCO) OR TOP 2 RB(DARREN MCFADDEN OR JONATHAN STEWART) PER BOX!

UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
- 84-card set
- All cards are inserted, NO REDEMPTIONS.
- Featuring 60 elite 2008 rookies including Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, & more.
- Patented autograph process assures authenticity.
- SA*GE Collectibles, Inc.'s smallest print run ever!

it sounds pretty cool but. Is it going to hurt the price of the rookie autos. I can see with one of those 4 per box. the value will drop greatly.
bigalexx
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Oct 15 2008, 02:11 PM)
Is it going to hurt the price of the rookie autos. I can see with one of those 4 per box. the value will drop greatly.

Probably not, since Sage is worthless and they aren't rc autos.The only Rookie autos that end up holding their value in the long run is the true rc autos. Basically the only product with True rc autos are SP Authentic, Playoff Contenders, and Exquisite,
TheCircusMonkey
I opened a few packs and these are pretty nice cards if you're looking for autos of college players in their college uniforms. If my Nebraska Cornhuskers had some players in the set I'd be all over it, the duals are nice.

Value wise I think it'll be stable and won't have any negative effects on other sets. You might remember the SAGE Game Exclusives from a couple of years back that was loaded with Leinart/Bush/Cutler/Young GU and Autos - that stuff has held their BV and there was a lot of concern at the time about the product flooding the market with GU and Autos of the top players.
aceecards
sage did this in 2006 with Bush/young/leinart

the cards did not hold there value! and it didnt drive down auto prices from major products.

But.. I personally liked them !
Johnny Number 5
[quote=bigalexx,Oct 15 2008, 04:19 PM]
Probably not, since Sage is worthless and they aren't rc autos.The only Rookie autos that end up holding their value in the long run is the true rc autos. Basically the only product with True rc autos are SP Authentic, Playoff Contenders, and Exquisite,

Sage isnt exactly WORTHLESS. It gives collectors an affordable shot at holding onto a HIGH END players autograph. Not everyone out here can break SP AUthentic to get patch autos or Exquisite to pull a $700 Peterson rc from 07. Sage has given me personally a chance at some good autos, and yes some whosits practice squad players as well...but definately NOT worthless....
Zimbow
i think they were pretty good for me. i opened all but 2 packs in my hobby store. you are right though, they are good if you like them in their college uni. i guess i cant regret it though considering i pulled the flacco/ryan dual auto.
metsfan2427
[quote=Johnny Number 5,Oct 17 2008, 07:20 PM]
[quote=bigalexx,Oct 15 2008, 04:19 PM]

Sage isnt exactly WORTHLESS. It gives collectors an affordable shot at holding onto a HIGH END players autograph. Not everyone out here can break SP AUthentic to get patch autos or Exquisite to pull a $700 Peterson rc from 07. Sage has given me personally a chance at some good autos, and yes some whosits practice squad players as well...but definately NOT worthless....

[/quote]
i have to agree with you it gives collectors on limited budget a shot to pull a auto of the hot rookie. as i see it an auto is and auto
imacrackr
Sage Squared is a dumb product buy in my mind. You could make yourself a fantasy box of only the hits you would want from the boxes on eBay for probably 30 bucks or more cheaper than buying a box and hoping
benshobbies
QUOTE(imacrackr @ Oct 22 2008, 11:04 PM)
Sage Squared is a dumb product buy in my mind. You could make yourself a fantasy box of only the hits you would want from the boxes on eBay for probably 30 bucks or more cheaper than buying a box and hoping

Buying a box and ripping wax is more fun though! I have a hard time getting the thrill out of opening packages from eBay. I would rather buy the box of Sage Squared but than again $127+ is expensive for me. smile.gif
imacrackr
QUOTE(benshobbies @ Oct 28 2008, 04:13 PM)
Buying a box and ripping wax is more fun though!  I have a hard time getting the thrill out of opening packages from eBay.  I would rather buy the box of Sage Squared but than again $127+ is expensive for me.  smile.gif

oh i totally agree. But I would get as many jollies out of 2008 Absolute as i would opening a box of this stuff. I too love the gamble of buying boxes but with Sage Squared there is no gamble you know you will lose the money you paid for the box 99% of the time
chewbaca1972
127 is a little too steep for what you get i think
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.