Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: would you buy a multi sport product?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Ducks3087
I really loved the 4 sport classics back in the day and wish there was a 4 sport product out there (not sports kings). The multi player patches and autos would be awsome.
northicehero99
I would probably say, I would not, since I mainly collect only two sports adding the 3rd or 4th sport would "water down" the product for me.
ffman
It would depend on who was included in the product.

I might not mind something that UD's product from 02 or 03 - I think it had a dual GU of Sosa/Urlacher.
bigalexx
QUOTE(ffman @ Oct 13 2008, 03:29 PM)
It would depend on who was included in the product.

I might not mind something that UD's product from 02 or 03 - I think it had a dual GU of Sosa/Urlacher.

I think that was Upperdeck Super Stars.
aceecards
That superstar thing UD did a few years back hoovered though!

and I happen to love sport kings.. laugh.gif
Ducks3087
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 13 2008, 06:48 PM)
That superstar thing UD did a few years back hoovered though!

and I happen to love sport kings.. laugh.gif

I am glad you like sports Kings. Well I will be once I get that Hoffman. biggrin.gif
Stlouisrams1600
Aslong as its baseball and football maybe basketball no hockey though.
wrightfan4
that would be a cool idea but like they said it depends which players are included in the set
miguelcabrera
i wudlnt as im only a baseball colelctor
coltsfan23
I don't bust any boxes, so I especially wouldn't bust a 4 sport box. From a business standpoint, I don't think the product would sell the best. The majority of sports card collectors generally focus on one to two sports, so half their pulls or more might be useless to them. As someone who collects a bit in every sport, it might be interesting to pick up some singles of players from the product, though.

2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition was mainly a baseball auto set, but also had basketball auto, softball autos, and more. It did pretty well, although if football and/or hockey were added, I don't think it would have. Also, the basketball rarely did anything to help sales. I believe it was the checklist for the baseball RC Autos that drove the product.
Gforce083
no...because I only follow and collect Football
Ducks3087
Yah i figure i would be in the minority of who would love a product like this. I know it would be so watered down but if done right would be fun to bust.
hodee5
I would not open any boxes of multi-sport.....the only multi-sport cards I have and continue to look for are some dual Wisconsin Badger gu cards....
Deltapine
I'd buy it. I was a big fan of UD Superstars. I dig the multisport stuff because I like all the sports. Would like to see some race drivers and other random sports tossed in on top of the normal 4.
19th Century Indiana Jones
If it included women's figure skating, then yes.
Mike Lindegarde
I collect football, baseball, and basketball. The multi-sport product is a good idea, but only if it doesn't have a bunch of no-name hits. The thought of a cavaliers / browns dual something is nice, but the risk of pulling a no-name baseball prospect and some hockey player i've never heard of would probably keep me away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.