Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What does TCC offer to you?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
NGWH Sports Cards
Title says it all. What does TCC offer to you?

For me, it offers a place to go during the day.
NorCal Sports
I don't trade really, although I'm going to be doing some of that at some point.

For me its all about seeing what other collectors are buying and what opinions they have on certain things. I also find Prospects that I haven't heard of already.

I also like how simple the site is set up and its easy to use.
miguelcabrera
i like seeing other ppl's collections

also trying to trade but its so hard to get donw noone trades quick enuf
Hallsgator
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Oct 11 2008, 11:55 PM)
i like seeing other ppl's collections

also trying to trade but its so hard to get donw noone trades quick enuf

or it culd b u tlk like dis
ffman
The overall community here. The generosity of its members, in terms of free cards, advice, thoughtfulness, caring attitude, and overall time.

NGWH Sports Cards
I agree.
miguelcabrera
Hallsgator, what was the point of that comment, huh i rlly need to know
NGWH Sports Cards
Speak in complete sentences, use periods and other things, Stop talking like you are on MSN, or AIM.

Dont use text talk.
boomer123
Before the local hobby shop closed,I used to spend alot of time in there just talking about the hobby,what others hit,politics and pretty much just about anything we wanted to talk about,kinda like here.This sight gives me some of that,you don`t realize how much you miss that until it`s gone,just a nice place to hang out and talk,nice friendly people,good traders all around good sight.
NGWH Sports Cards
Cool.
Luke2411
I first found TCC when I was trying to find some information on a card. I did a search on google and TCC came up as one of the sites that might could help. I became a member, so I could ask the question about the card I wanted to ask, and in a short amount of time, I was coming here every day.

For me, TCC has become one word.....escape. I can come here periodically during the day and get away from work, business, grading papers, teaching classes, politics, etc. and just relax, talk cards, look at box breaks, do some trading, organize my group break, and just get away from the "real" world for a little bit.

There's some great people on here, and people that I disagree with from time to time.

For instance, I disagree with RGBII on pretty much every political thing you could imagine, but he is one of the greatest people on TCC. He's generous, helpful, thoughtful, and passionate. You never know when you might receive a surprise gift in the mail from Richard. I've been the recipient of his generosity on numerous occasions, and so have many others.
NGWH Sports Cards
Yes, RGBII is a wicked member.
jwman92
TCC is a place where I can get away from my everyday life, and hang out with fellow collectors, and trade.
NGWH Sports Cards
Same here, expect the trade part.
ffman
Agreed on Richard. I am on the opposite side of the spectrum with him in regard to religion, but he is one of the greatest hobbyists we have.

As for politics, it's too bad that TCC has almost became Political Trash-Talking Central lately. It would be nice if some of the posting efforts there were used instead to better TCC.

QUOTE(Luke2411 @ Oct 13 2008, 11:41 AM)
I first found TCC when I was trying to find some information on a card.  I did a search on google and TCC came up as one of the sites that might could help.  I became a member, so I could ask the question about the card I wanted to ask, and in a short amount of time, I was coming here every day.

For me, TCC has become one word.....escape.  I can come here periodically during the day and get away from work, business, grading papers, teaching classes, politics, etc. and just relax, talk cards, look at box breaks, do some trading, organize my group break, and just get away from the "real" world for a little bit.

There's some great people on here, and people that I disagree with from time to time.

For instance, I disagree with RGBII on pretty much every political thing you could imagine, but he is one of the greatest people on TCC.  He's generous, helpful, thoughtful, and passionate.  You never know when you might receive a surprise gift in the mail from Richard.  I've been the recipient of his generosity on numerous occasions, and so have many others.

Hallsgator
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Oct 12 2008, 04:47 PM)
Hallsgator, what was the point of that comment, huh i rlly need to know

You were complaining about not getting trades done, well, some people don't like to look at or read "text" talk, so some people may ignore your posts or messages without reading them because of the "text" talk.
Zimbow
I come to TCC to just chill and read what everyone is saying. Sometimes i comment on stuff and sometimes i trade if it is something i need, i.e. Doerr. TCC is a sweet place to come home to or at work. Everyone has a great attitude and i think the mods do a great job to help everyone who has trouble with something.

Thanks alot for this great site.

Zimbow
miguelcabrera
i love seeing MAJOR player collections like that of Gforce and jaderock, hope mine can someday become that LARGE
O-StateCowboy
TCC is the whole reason I started my OSU collection. Before I stumbled upon this site, I never traded because I did not know anybody that collected cards in my town. What ever I pulled from packs is pretty much who I collected. Seeing the marvelous player and team collections on TCC made me want to focus my collection on something that had a more personal meaning. That is why I started collecting player's that formerly attended my school: OSU! Now, I have traded away almost all of my "money" cards in exchange for OSU guys. However, I am still in the process of building the greatest OSU collection ever. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out thus far.
Ducks3087
TCC got me back into collecting. Part of it was for the trades but most of it was the people on the boards. I was a member of the Becket boards for a while and even before the big change this place is way better. Ever since day one everyone has been really great people. I actually look for player and set collectors to try to hook up.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
Thanks for everything
miguelcabrera
this place is beter than any other site out there

TCC ROCKZ
Johnny Number 5
Extreme Happiness and a Lighter Wallet!

:-) cool.gif
NGWH Sports Cards
True dat.
GA_Pack_Fan
TCC offers me a place to get online and find some cards I want to add to my collection. It also is a great place to keep up to date on all the trends throughout the hobby.

The one thing I didn't count on happening is that it has allowed my 10 year old son to get involved with trading of cards in a way that I can still monitor what is going on and be able to help him out as we go along. He really likes getting on looking for cards and stuff he really likes.

Thanks to all the members for bein so great to work with and for getting my son into the hobby
NGWH Sports Cards
Very cool.

What does he collect?
osufan2383
yeah its cool seeing other peoples stuff and seeing what they break. I openmy packs at the store to share with the dealer and alot of they guys leave. I mean just open there and share what you get. Thats why i like it here
NGWH Sports Cards
Cool.
jaderock
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Oct 13 2008, 09:10 PM)
i love seeing MAJOR player collections like that of Gforce and jaderock, hope mine can someday become that LARGE

Thanks for the compliment...much appreciated
jaderock
QUOTE(ffman @ Oct 13 2008, 05:53 PM)
As for politics, it's too bad that TCC has almost became Political Trash-Talking Central lately.  It would be nice if some of the posting efforts there were used instead to better TCC.

I totally agree...I dislike that section, but recently entered because it was sooo slanted in one direction.

I don't mind people saying "I support X because of A, B, C" but instead it's more constantly bashing their opponents to get their point across which just comes across as unfortunate.

NGWH Sports Cards
I hate politics.
GA_Pack_Fan
QUOTE(NGWH Sports Cards @ Oct 16 2008, 01:46 PM)
Very cool.

What does he collect?

He is a big Ken Griffey Jr fan or anything from Ohio State.

He just worked a trade for his first Griffey Jr used bat card. He runs to the mail everyday hoping it has come
NGWH Sports Cards
Is he on here?
jaderock
For me TCC is an avenue to meet other collectors, to learn more about the hobby, to help others when I can and to talk about wrestling tongue.gif
NGWH Sports Cards
Very cool
sebredsox24
a place to go to while i procrastinate instead of doing my homework.....but really, its a great environment to trade and discuss sports, not to mention compete in some fantasy leagues.
NGWH Sports Cards
Ha. I agree with the homework thing,
GA_Pack_Fan
QUOTE(NGWH Sports Cards @ Oct 16 2008, 02:31 PM)
Is he on here?

I let him go in and look for stuff with my account.

He got his Griffey bat card yesterday. He was excited
NGWH Sports Cards
Awesome. Congrats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.