Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Alex Smith 49ers qb
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
champb21
Does he have a chance to come back and be a star in the NFL. Does he have the mecanics to do that with the 49ers or is he done being a Nfl Quarterback and now just pretty much a backup now.
bigalexx
Hes out for the year.
sasports
I will never say he is out! Gus Frerotte is a starting QB.......eveyone has hope! laugh.gif
champb21
ya so he got all next year to prove himself that he is a good qb

QUOTE(bigalexx @ Oct 8 2008, 11:51 PM)
Hes out for the year.

Hallsgator
QUOTE(champb21 @ Oct 9 2008, 03:57 PM)
ya so he got all next year to prove himself that he is a good qb

Hasn't he had the last three years to do that?

Sometimes you draft Joey Harringtons and sometimes you draft Jay Cutlers.
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(sasports @ Oct 9 2008, 02:47 PM)
I will never say he is out!  Gus Frerotte is a starting QB.......eveyone has hope!  laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Have to say, you make a point.
osufan2383
i think he will be back, i mean he had a horrible situation in san francisco. They used frank gore more than anything else. He did not exactly have a great wide receiver core. I saw them the last three seasons and their best guy was usually ashley lelie
jcharles2
Remember:
Steve Young with Tampa Bay
Doug Williams with Tampa Bay
Jim Plunkett with New Engand
Randall Cunningham with Minnesota
Trent Dilfer has a SB ring
Brad Johnson has a SB ring

Anything's possible
jaderock
Is there hope ... sure! But Alex Smith showed ZERO talent in SF (had to watch him game after game year after year - UGH!)...he needs a change in scenery...perhaps NFL Europe (oops defunct), XFL (opps he's not a wrestler)...oh heck, let's be honest - he stucked big time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.