Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Whos the ROOKIE OF THE YEAR favorite so far?update
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
storm
Well we're about 30+% through the season,wondering what everyones rookie of the year top 10 is so far?
1.Chris johnson
2.Matt forte
3.Matt ryan
4.Felix jones
5.Steve slaton
6.d.jackson
7.Darren mcfadden
8.J.stewart
9.Eddie royal
10.James hardy
ffman
If Ryan continues to win, I think he might get it.

But, very strong candidates for me are:

Forte
Slaton

I like CJ and Jones too, but both have to share time with White and Barber, respectively.
snkpoct137
at the moment i say Matt Ryan

but my choice before the season started was Matt Forte and i am stickin to it
beanschat
slaton, ryan, jones in that order for me...but there is not much room between #8 and #1, there is a TON of time for shake out.
storm
QUOTE(beanschat @ Oct 6 2008, 02:40 PM)
slaton, ryan, jones in that order for me...but there is not much room between #8 and #1, there is a TON of time for shake out.

I agree,i had to modify cause i forgot the most productive (and airheaded-lol.i love watching this kid) reciever/returner Desean Jackson.
19th Century Indiana Jones
Matt Ryan
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Oct 6 2008, 02:56 PM)
Matt Ryan

agreed.
but i wish chris Long was up there hes really undderated just because hes on a Crappy Team
storm
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Oct 6 2008, 03:04 PM)
agreed.
but i wish chris Long was up there hes really undderated just because hes on a Crappy Team

I think Long will be fine,things just are not going the Rams way this year.The defensive rookie crop isnt lighting it up this year anyway so if he can put together a few sacks he will be in the running for def.roy,Horton from washington is my pick so far.
marcus42
Eddie Royal has impressed me quite a bit! Especially since Rookie receivers seem to take awhile to transition to the NFL...here's my top 5:

1- Matt Forte
2- Eddie Royal
3- Matt Ryan
4- Chris Johnson
5- DeSean Jackson...

Wish some defensive players would step it up though...
Pastretta
DeSean or Forte....I cant decide between the two laugh.gif
ronaldinho0003
Matt Ryan!
joe31
heres my top 10
1. Matt Ryan
2. Felix Jones
3. Eddie Royal
4. Matt Forte
5. Chris Johnson
6. Steve Slaton
7. Desean Jackson
8 Darren Mcfadden
9. Jonathon Stewert
10. James Hardy

WestCoastSkinsFan
Let's talk defense! I declare Chris Horton of the 'Skins to be in the mix. 3 INTs and a fumble recovery, along with some very nicely defended passes and about 15 tackles on the year. For someone who has only started about half the time at his position, that's a heck of a stat sheet.
snkpoct137
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Oct 6 2008, 04:09 PM)
Eddie Royal has impressed me quite a bit! Especially since Rookie receivers seem to take awhile to transition to the NFL...here's my top 5:

1- Matt Forte
2- Eddie Royal
3- Matt Ryan
4- Chris Johnson
5- DeSean Jackson...

Wish some defensive players would step it up though...

i am pretty sure when u made the thread asking which rookie running back to collect i said Forte? hopefully u listened biggrin.gif

QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Oct 6 2008, 06:23 PM)
Let's talk defense! I declare Chris Horton of the 'Skins to be in the mix. 3 INTs and a fumble recovery, along with some very nicely defended passes and about 15 tackles on the year. For someone who has only started about half the time at his position, that's a heck of a stat sheet.

hes definitielty front runner for defensive rookie just not overall rookie
ffman
I forgot Jackson too - if he can stop making rookie blunders he might have a chance.
storm
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Oct 6 2008, 05:23 PM)

Hands down early season favorite for def.rookie.Didnt he go in the 7th round also?
Solid133
If Matt Ryan continues to win games he's the easy pick for ROY
marcus42
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Oct 6 2008, 06:33 PM)
i am pretty sure when u made the thread asking which rookie running back to collect i said Forte? hopefully u listened biggrin.gif

I went with Brian Brohm instead tongue.gif didn't really stick with the right position wink.gif

but My Kam Wimbley collection took off too so it's all good smile.gif

bigalexx
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Oct 6 2008, 03:23 PM)

UCLA! Go Bruins!

Felix Jones and Chris Horton (Even though hes a Skin) Should be Offensive ROY and Defensive ROY.
whatwild
zOut of the top 10 you have here it will be this order so far

1.Chris johnson
2.Matt forte
3.Matt ryan
4.Felix jones
5.Steve slaton
6.d.jackson
7.Darren mcfadden
8.J.stewart
9.Eddie royal
10.James hardy

1.Matt Ryan
2.Chris Johnson
3.Matt Forte
4.Eddie Royal
5.Felix Jones
6.Desean Jackson '
7.Steve Slaton
8.Jonathan Stewart
9.Darren McFadden
10.hardy <~~Dont really know why he is even in top 10
marcus42
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Oct 6 2008, 08:52 PM)
UCLA! Go Bruins!

Felix Jones and Chris Horton (Even though hes a Skin) Should be Offensive ROY and Defensive ROY.

Though Felix is having a great season I find it hard giving it to a guy that isn't the full time guy. I think having Barber in the backfield really helps him out (not his faul though wink.gif).

snkpoct137
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Oct 6 2008, 08:52 PM)
UCLA! Go Bruins!

no way will felix be roy.. he prolly wont finish top 3 in rbs even since this crop is insane!
ffman
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Oct 7 2008, 04:38 PM)
no way will felix be roy.. he prolly wont finish top 3 in rbs even since this crop is insane!

Neither will CJ, unless the Titans continue giving him the ball more like they did the last two games.
fsabala
i think it will be matt ryan since being a starting rookie qb is one of the hardest things to do and he's doing a good job so far.
bigalexx
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Oct 7 2008, 06:54 AM)
Though Felix is having a great season I find it hard giving it to a guy that isn't the full time guy. I think having Barber in the backfield really helps him out (not his faul though wink.gif).

Felix was a byist pick
Kiansdad
I think it is.. and will be.. Matt Forte.

He is about 47% of the Bears offense last time I heard. If he continues at that pace, I dont see the other rookies catching him.

He is #1 in rookie rushing yards and #3 (#1 for RBs) in rookie receiving yards. And thats with the Bears resting him in the second half of the Detroit blowout win.
fsabala
i think felix jones can also get it if they give him more reps and he keeps churning out those explosive plays. i think he averages 9 yds per carry? ridiculous!
10alex10
whys james hardy in the tops 10. lol

1.Matt Ryan
2.Chris Johnson
3.Matt Forte
4.Joe flacco
5.Dmac
6. Steve slaton
7. Desean Jackson
8.Felix Jones
9. Jonathan Stewart
10. Eddie Royal

storm
Well,i think i can edit my list big time,through week 6.
1.Matt ryan
2.Matt forte
3.Chris johnson
4.Steve slaton
5.Felix jones
6.d.jackson
7.Eddie royal
8.J.stewart
9.Nelson
10.Mcfadden
ffman
Ryan is an easy #1 right now after his performance against Chicago.

I don't even know if D-Mac should be in the top 10 right now.
storm
QUOTE(ffman @ Oct 13 2008, 05:10 PM)
Ryan is an easy #1 right now after his performance against Chicago.

I don't even know if D-Mac should be in the top 10 right now.

If kevin smith would get more carries and average 12 ypc like yesterday Mcfadden would be gone from the list
miguelcabrera
gotta b matt ryan
ross9013
I think Matt Ryan will get it if he keeps it up.
But my other pick to win it is Desean Jackson
sportsfan614
QUOTE(ross9013 @ Oct 14 2008, 10:33 PM)
I think Matt Ryan will get it if he keeps it up.
But my other pick to win it is Desean Jackson

I think it will be Matt Ryan (If he keeps it up) and then DeSean Jackson at a close second.
degibson84
QUOTE(Solid133 @ Oct 6 2008, 08:38 PM)
If Matt Ryan continues to win games he's the easy pick for ROY

i agree Matt Ryan is playing great and not losing games
Iplayfootball_90
Matt Ryan right now, but, Forte is a close second.
chopinalex
Matt Ryan has the Falcons at 4-2..impressive so far in that aspect
gopackgo
1.Matt Forte
2.Matt Ryan
3.Chris Johnson
4.Steve Slaton
5.Felix Jones
6.Jonathan Stewart
7.DeSean Jackson
8.Eddie Royal
9. Kevin Smith
10. Joe Flacco

Flacco doesn't have impressive stats, but the Ravens have been playing better than recent years so I put him in there...I still like Forte over Ryan because he has revitalized the Bears offense, and filled the RB position like no one has for the Bears in quite some time...however, if the Falcons keep winning I agree Ryan will get more consideration.
jeffcayce
Offensive
Matt Ryan - 7 wins, get him the award
Chris Johnson - homer pick smile.gif
Desean Jackson - he is going to be special, but with Brown & Curtis coming back, his production will slow down as a WR
Darren Mcfadden - all the intangibles, except the raiders are terrible

Defensive
Jerod Mayo - homer pick, but he has not missed a down on DEF...he will lead the Pats in tackles this year

fsabala
i still go with Matt Ryan. Second would be Chris Johnson since he is the leading rookie rusher and average over 5 yards a carry. DeSean Jackson could still be in the running if he continues to pile up yards and return tds
osufan2383
desean jackson wont get it if he makes more bad plays and fumbles alot. I think keith rivers was a shoo in for roy in defense not that is up in the air
skin21rip
no bias on anything but deff.

1)chris horton
2) aqib talib
3) mayo
4) kith rivers
ffman
QUOTE(jeffcayce @ Oct 15 2008, 07:26 PM)
Offensive
Matt Ryan - 7 wins, get him the award
Chris Johnson - homer pick smile.gif
Desean Jackson - he is going to be special, but with Brown & Curtis coming back, his production will slow down as a WR
Darren Mcfadden - all the intangibles, except the raiders are terrible

Defensive
Jerod Mayo - homer pick, but he has not missed a down on DEF...he will lead the Pats in tackles this year

I like this list except for McFadden - he has done anything (as far as I know) to back up a ROY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.