Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: How many times have you stopped Collecting
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Ducks3087
Curious how many times everyone have stopped or thought about stopping. Collecting can be as bad a gambling sometimes worse for people.
beanschat
once..and I was out for about 7 years
wrightfan4
yea collecting got harder for me when I didn't have alot of money to spend on the hobby and it made me feel bad because for me it was as bad as gambling LOL but I stepped out of buying packs and buying cards I really only trade now so you can call that having one foot in and one foot out I can't help it but it's actually been good for me

19th Century Indiana Jones
Once: from Jan 2000 - Feb 2005.
chopinalex
stopped in 91...stopped in 95...stopped in 02....thinking about stop soon again...
Cincinnatigrl
once because my mom sent me away to boarding school for two years >:(
jmagic87
twice

from august 99 -sept 03 *what can i say got big into magic the gathering*

second time was basicly this year very scarely buying just no money for thehobby grandfather is 91 and the cost of moving him into a nursing home is a massie draw on the family but he is worth it
ronaldinho0003
Stopped once, then found tcc, started up again.
Ducks3087
Yah Magic took me out of the scene for a while too. For about 3 years all i did was play in PTQ's

QUOTE(jmagic87 @ Oct 5 2008, 06:24 PM)
twice

from august 99 -sept 03 *what can i say got big into magic the gathering*

second time was basicly this year very scarely buying just no money for thehobby grandfather is 91 and the cost of moving him into a nursing home is a massie draw on the family but he is worth it

marcus42
once from 03-06...

then thought about stopping 4 or 5 times the past two years...
Iplayfootball_90
Stopped in 2000-2002.

Got back into it until 2005 then started back up in 2006. Have been into it ever since.
tex333
From 07-08.
babybraves05
Around 2006 because, Like others, i was playing MTG also. I also was 14, so I didnt have complete interest in Pro sports that much. I also didnt have anyone that i could afford that i liked then. Andruw Jones was HOT HOT HOT then and Peyton was HOT HOT HOT then. I have recently gotten some funds in and been able to collect.
urbanmonk
Was away from hobby from '00-'06, found this site in 2007 and got back into it again.
autocut
Twice, but the second go around, I got back in to sell most of my collection off.
NGWH Sports Cards
I stopped for 6 days...
stormfan7
From about 2000-05...then I found internet trading sites and got a little more interested...the last year or so, I have really picked it up...and a lot of thanks to TCC smile.gif
sschind
I stopped about 12 years ago, got back in about 4 or 5 years ago but then backed out again a couple of years after that. If I have a spare 20-30 bucks now I might go to sportlots and grab a bunch of commons I need. My problem is that of the 800 or so different Favres and the couple of thousand other Packers I have to trade, they are low end stuff and no one wants them. I've always been into the memorabilia though. I spend way to much on that stuff.
2000 rushing yards
Never have really, i've slowed down though (now including). I bend but don't break
Deltapine
Totally quit in the late 90's, started back around 2004. Stalled in 2006 and refocused early this year.
snowblink
I stop every summer. Only once before that did I stop outside of summer since 1996, kids have that effect I guess...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.