Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know the repercussions in doin this?
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
Vashe79
Anyone know the repercussions in doin this? I was just wondering cause ive always been hesitant to send in for the NPN stuff. Cause I know most companies who give free stuff away sell your information to other companies.
So Basically does anyone have the information on what these companies do to your information? If they sell it..... I really dont think getting a random card is worth my information going around the block a few times over im not that cheap lol

any info would be great
Thanks
2000 rushing yards
I don't believe i've ever gotten any unsolicited e-mails from companies becuase of sending out NPNs, and i've been doing this for more than 2 years!
Vashe79
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Sep 20 2008, 02:09 PM)
I don't believe i've ever gotten any unsolicited e-mails from companies becuase of sending out NPNs, and i've been doing this for more than 2 years!

Im not meaning emails...I mean stuff like junk snail mail or telemarketing calls and such.
urbanmonk
It would be hard to tell were it originated from actually, but I haven't noticed an increase in that kind of thing because of NPNs. They started doing it because they were getting flack about it being like gambling for kids (far as the pulls went), so they came up with this to give everyone a chance at same odds as if you had bought the product. I get catalogs from Upper Deck, but not sure if from that or from registering on their site for Redemptions. So I would say they probably don't sell your info.
MVPujols
We all get junk mail, spam e-mail, and telemarketing calls during supper. Might as well get some free cards for the trouble wink.gif
aceecards
I believe on the auto NPN with UD you DO agree to your concern but ..
northicehero99
Been doing this for years, not sure what they do with the info. When you sign up on UDs site you will receive their emails and product magazine once or twice a year, but other than that I have not really gotten much other card related garbage calls or mail that I could directly associate with doing NPNs.
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(Vashe79 @ Sep 20 2008, 03:26 PM)
Im not meaning emails...I mean stuff like junk snail mail or telemarketing calls and such.

oh, well still I still don't get anything related to that at least as far to my knowledge
ty4orce
nothing that I know of as a card collector that wouldn't interest you......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.