Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Weekly TCC Chat Night
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
ffman
Each week, Trading Card Central has a "weekly" chat night get-together at 9 PM EST Thursday. In 2006 and 2007, the chat room during Thursday night was a "booming" place, with anywhere from 10-25 members chatting away. We talked about everything - the/the world in general, sports, sports cards, trades, contests, etc. It was one of my Trading Card Central "highlights" of the week.

Lately, however, interest in the chat has waned. Now, I am lucky to see more than 5 members in the chat on Thursday. I have wondered to myself - what has happened to the "allure" of Chat Night?

What better way to get an answer than to ask Trading Card Central's members? For those of you who used to be chat "regulars" but have since lost interest: why have you lost interest? What would make Chat Night "exciting" for you again?

For those of you who have never utilized the chat: What would you like chat night to offer?

Feel free to leave any thoughts, suggestions, and comments.
tex333
I'll be here tonight!
bigalexx
Only way I can get into Chat is by using IE, and IE goes soo slow.
ffman
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Sep 18 2008, 06:35 PM)
Only way I can get into Chat is by using IE, and IE goes soo slow.

I use chat with Firefox.

Do you try the link on the left or the link up top?
bigalexx
QUOTE(ffman @ Sep 18 2008, 05:37 PM)
I use chat with Firefox. 

Do you try the link on the left or the link up top?

Up top.
ffman
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Sep 18 2008, 06:41 PM)
Up top.

Huh - it should work.
Stlouisrams1600
Im There!! biggrin.gif
ffman
Would a move from Thursday night to Sunday night allow more TCC members to participate?
stormfan7
Personally, I think a Sunday night would be a night where more people could be on. Thursday is a tough day in general as everyone is looking forward to the weekend and *some* of us between the ages of 18-26 might be thinking about something else on Thursday nights smile.gif

I always thought a good attention grabber would be doing a live break in the chat room (more exciting then waiting for the next post) or running a contest of some sort. Or if it was moved to Sunday Nights, have a Sunday Night football contest or chat!!
nashcollector
What about if we add other stuff during the week also? What ever happened to the Trade-a-Thon?
tex333
I'm the only one in here right now.
Stlouisrams1600
oops forgot it was thursday!
ffman
Whoa, I forgot too.

Oh....can't chat on this computer. I don't have the proper plug in for it!
Iplayfootball_90
I'm in there for the first time in probably six months.
chopinalex
mee too
snowblink
QUOTE(ffman @ Sep 18 2008, 03:37 PM)
What better way to get an answer than to ask Trading Card Central's members?  For those of you who used to be chat "regulars" but have since lost interest:  why have you lost interest? 

Frankly, the fact that I can recall only a single instance of anyone trying to work a trade with me in all the times I've been there.

I like a good discussion, but I like trades more. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.