Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: TCC's August Member of the Month: road_runner_1964
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
jaderock
The TCC Collector Zone Team (CZT), Membership, & Content/Graphic Teams would like to announce Bob (road_runner_1964) as Trading Card Central’s Member of the Month for August 2008!

Bob's profile

Bob (road_runner_1964) has been a very supportive member ever since he joined Trading Card Central in May 2006. All of Bob’s 3,350+ posts show off the positive, helpful attitude he brings to TCC. Bob (or “Mr. 264”, as he is known by some at TCC) is a very active member in a variety ways. Whether it be welcoming new members, commenting on mail days and pack pulls, or simply providing advice, Bob always does his best to contribute to Trading Card Central. Bob is also recognized for helping other members build their collections, either through contests or random acts of generosity. Bob has completed 31 transactions, most of them in an effort to add to a very unique and interesting collection.

Bob collects football cards which include the serial number 264 (short for his birthday, 02-26-64). Specifically, he tries to acquire any Upper Deck SPx football cards numbered 264/xxx, although he does pick up “264s” from other sets occasionally. Today, Bob’s 264 collection includes approximately 125 unique cards! A few of his “notable” 264s include rookie autographs of Vince Young, Reggie Bush, and Adrian Peterson. His favorite 264s include any that feature Green Bay Packers or former Ohio State Buckeyes. For a look at Bob’s outstanding collection, visit:

TCC: The 264 collection

Please join us in recognizing Bob as the August 2008 TCC Member of the Month!

Got a question for Bob?!? Click here to ask Bob! smile.gif
ffman
Congratulations Bob!

I think Bob is showing his generosity once again today! Check out RGBII's "We're gonna start with a snake" contest topic on page 65.

TCC Topic
sebredsox24
Congrats Bob, you deserve it! Your an integral part of our TCC family and the site wouldn't be the same without ya!
jaderock
Bob is weel deserving of the MOTM award in any month! thumbup.gif
---
I want to thank Cody, ffman, for the write up above!
10alex10
congrats bob!
well deserved, awesome member!
thumbsup.gif
killerhawkeye21
Congrats, Bob! You deserve it!!
cbware88
Congrats Bob..........I love your collections.
ronaldinho0003
Congrats Bob! Very desvering!
colts21
Way to go Bob, you deserved it!!! thumbsup.gif
road_runner_1964
Thanks everyone...all I can say is WOW... ohmy.gif

I was totally shocked and humbled when I got the word. It is something, I never gave any thought about, so it was quite a surprise. I honestly have to say that this is the greatest "honor" that I have received in the our hobby, this even overcomes my article in Beckett... biggrin.gif. There are so many great people and collectors out there that are much more deserving, I am honored.

So many folks on this site make an effort to see that each person is well received, assisting them with their collections, giving advice and show great concern when they have non-hobby related issues. I found too often in our industry that "greed" can get in the way of our hobby. TCC has been a great experience for me.

I have been a member for sometime, but spent most of my time over yonder. I met Peter (jaderock) there and some others. It wasn't really until last year when I got a PM inviting me to join the 2007 Rookie Collection contest, with my Gonzo PC. It is hard to recall, but I think we owe that to Mark (marcus42). Since that time, I have spent virtually 96% of my time here (you know I have to jump to the other sites to search for 264s... laugh.gif ).

I can't wait to get to the Q&A session to respond to all. It will be an honor to share more about me, my family and collection. Again, thanks to everyone.

Bob...(aka Mr. 264).
Stlouisrams1600
congratulations bob!
i was looking through my phone and today and i looked how many calls i recieved all time and i recieved 264! laugh.gif
im not joking either!
haha but yea congratulations well desirved smile.gif
sasports
Cant think of anyone more deserving! Bob has been the most influential person in my collecting history. His kindness and generousty has not only helped my collection grow bigger than I could have ever imagined (and I am sure the goes for many memebers as well) but has made me a better collector all around. He has mentored me in many aspects of collecting and is alwasy there for me when I need help~

thanks Boib! Much deserved
monsta
Congrats Mr. 264!

This is a very deserving honor and I'm glad to see it go to such a great member like you.

biggrin.gif
marcus42
congrats, Bob smile.gif

well deserved!
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Sep 1 2008, 01:37 PM)
congratulations bob!
i was looking through my phone and today and i looked how many calls i recieved all time and i recieved 264! laugh.gif
im not joking either!
haha but yea congratulations well desirved smile.gif

Thanks, Alex. PM on the way.

QUOTE(sasports @ Sep 1 2008, 01:39 PM)
Cant think of anyone more deserving!  Bob has been the most influential person in my collecting history.  His kindness and generosity has not only helped my collection grow bigger than I could have ever imagined (and I am sure the goes for many members as well) but has made me a better collector all around.  He has mentored me in many aspects of collecting and is always there for me when I need help~ 

thanks Bob!  Much deserved

Shawn, my honor to support someone who is laying his life on the line for his country. It is people like you that would deserve this more.

QUOTE(monsta @ Sep 1 2008, 02:43 PM)
Congrats Mr. 264!

This is a very deserving honor and I'm glad to see it go to such a great member like you.

biggrin.gif

Jeremy, thanks. Taking the lead and sharing as you do with your collection, time and $$, makes this humbling for me.

QUOTE(marcus42 @ Sep 1 2008, 02:53 PM)
congrats, Bob smile.gif

well deserved!

Thanks Mark. I think it's your fault that I spend so much time over here... biggrin.gif
urbanmonk
Congrats Bob, another great choice for member of the month again smile.gif

May all your pulls,
be 264's

Hey that rhymes laugh.gif
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Sep 1 2008, 04:15 PM)
Congrats Bob, another great choice for member of the month again  smile.gif 

May all your pulls,
be 264's

Hey that rhymes  laugh.gif

Thanks, Dwight. I would love to just once pull a 264.
aceecards
wooohoo.. grats!!
patsfan52
cool you earned it.
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(pats&rsoxfan @ Sep 2 2008, 04:50 PM)
cool you earned it.

Thanks, Rob.

QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 2 2008, 01:46 PM)
wooohoo.. grats!!

Thanks, Steve.
Kmart6nets
Bob! Congratulations! Very well deserved, you're a great asset here
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Sep 2 2008, 05:18 PM)
Bob! Congratulations! Very well deserved, you're a great asset here

Thanks, Tom. Much appreciated.
pspstatus
Congratulations! TCC is the best!
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(pspstatus @ Sep 5 2008, 07:56 PM)
Congratulations!  TCC is the best!

Thanks, Aaron..I agree...
bigeric
Congrats Bob
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(bigeric @ Sep 5 2008, 11:27 PM)
Congrats Bob

Thanks, Eric...
mjda
Congratulations Bob! You are obviously a true asset to TCC, and to the hobby in general.

user posted image
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(mjda @ Sep 10 2008, 03:27 PM)
Congratulations Bob! You are obviously a true asset to TCC, and to the hobby in general.

user posted image

Thanks Michael.

Can I have the gif file? That is awesome....
artyman60
Congratulations bob, deffinantly one of the greats here on TCC !!
patsfan52
good going,you have helped me a ton on times thanks
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(pats&rsoxfan @ Sep 26 2008, 05:26 PM)
good going,you have helped me a ton on times thanks

Thanks, Rob. Glad to help.

QUOTE(artyman60 @ Sep 26 2008, 05:21 PM)
Congratulations bob, deffinantly one of the greats here on TCC !!

Thanks, Arty.
broscards
Congratulations Bob!!! Well Deserved of a A+ Member!!

Way to go on the selection TCC Team!
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(broscards @ Sep 27 2008, 12:48 AM)
Congratulations Bob!!! Well Deserved of a A+ Member!!

Way to go on the selection TCC Team!

Thanks, Tyler. Very un-expected...I was like this.... ohmy.gif

N T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.