37% 9.25

HOF $12.00

Total $21.25

Shipping with DC $3

Total I'll do $24

Additional notes:

None Specified.
bob_TCC
This transaction has been updated to display as a sale.

When creating transactions, please take an extra moment to make sure you're setting the Transaction type radio button to the proper choice.
bob_TCC
Luke2411,

Please confirm the details of this sale.

Thanks,

-Bob
Luke2411
I agree. Payment is being sent right away.
Luke2411
Payment sent via paypal.
gwynn_fan
Paypal received Mailing Thursday, 8-27-08
pavi39
PM sent to gwynn_fan to verify receipt of payment.
Luke2411
I received the cards today.

I have one question.

The Gaylord Perry card is from a Topps Retired Signature set. I'm pretty sure that all these autographed cards came in plastic holders from Topps. This one has been taken out of the holder. I don't know if he did it, or if the person he got it from had already taken it out. I don't plan to get rid of the card, so it doesn't matter that much to me. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of the holders because they get scratched up easily and the only way you can put the card into a new one is if you take it out (but of course that ruins the value of the card). However, I would care if I had the intent to sell this card later on, because it's not in the original holder. I wasn't told about this before the trade. Maybe he didn't even know they came in these holders, but I just wanted to check.

Here's an ebay link to the same card. You can see it's in a hard case provide by Topps so as to be "uncirculated."

eBay Auction (Item number: 330265622175)
aceecards
An e-mail and PM reminder to update the status of this transaction were just sent to gwynn_fan.
gwynn_fan
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 11 2008, 05:46 AM)
An e-mail and PM reminder to update the status of this transaction were just sent to gwynn_fan.

Hi Luke and all
Didn't get a pm or email, so wasn't even aware of the post...if you look on the back of the card, it does have the Topps holo-gram. I won about 8 of the 2003 Topps Retired on ebay from super seller TNTNORTHNJ and they all came without the fancy holder. I didn't even know they were suppose to come that way until I sold my Monte Irvin one.
But, that's the way I got it and guarentee the signature.
Thanks Bob
Luke2411
QUOTE(gwynn_fan @ Sep 11 2008, 05:41 PM)
Hi Luke and all
Didn't get a pm or email, so wasn't even aware of the post...if you look on the back of the card, it does have the Topps holo-gram.  I won about 8 of the 2003 Topps Retired on ebay from super seller TNTNORTHNJ and they all came without the fancy holder.  I didn't even know they were suppose to come that way until I sold my Monte Irvin one.
But, that's the way I got it and guarentee the signature.
Thanks Bob

That's fine. Like I said, I really just wanted an explanation. I'm not going to sell the card so it won't matter much. I wonder why the eBay seller decided to take it out of the holder? Seems odd. I know the signature is certified. I was just curious more than anything. Thanks for answering the question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.