Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Milestone: 1000 Completed Transactions!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
bob_TCC
The TCC Collector Zone reached another major milestone today as we have now completed 1000 collector-to-collector transactions including both sales and trades!

First, on a personal note...

Like many of you, I have made wonderful additions to my personal collection because of my transactions here. From Pirates to Steelers to Kenyon to Clemente to Maxiell to U.S. Presidents and so much more, many of you have helped along the way. From AU cards to GU cards to inserts to parallels to base cards, the "golden" packages have both come and gone.

From one collector to another, thank you! I look forward to many more transactions with many more of you in the days to come!

Now, on an overall note...

While this is certainly a major milestone, it's just the beginning and an opportunity to reflect, make some changes and grow.

Overall, our first 1000 completed transactions have been rather smooth. The number of "bad" transactions is very, very low and most - or all - have either been worked out or continue to be handled.

In addition, we're always looking for ways to further improve the flow of transactions so that they are easy to create, track and close. We continue to find that some transactions are just left hanging - likely closed but never confirmed as closed. That is something that will be changed.

So, you can be confident that we're simply going to take a brief moment to enjoy this milestone but then we're going to make a significant effort in the coming days to take our tools and policies related to collector-to-collector transactions to an even higher level! wink.gif

-Bob
ffman
Wow!
kc_royals_fan_5
Nice job, everyone!:)
Jplan72
Setting up a transaction is easy to do and is one of the jewels of this site.

Great Job everyone.
crazygood
user posted image
Rabs
QUOTE(Jplan72 @ Jun 14 2006, 06:57 PM)
Great Job everyone.

I agree. Thanks to everyone as well, including you Bob! But I'm shocked there isn't something for the people who completed the 1,000 transaction...
randallcards
Congrats smile.gif
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(Rabs @ Jun 14 2006, 07:06 PM)
I agree.  Thanks to everyone as well, including you Bob!  But I'm shocked there isn't something for the people who completed the 1,000 transaction...

He never said there was, he never said there wasnt.... biggrin.gif

Good Job everyone!
ffman
Now, how long will it take randallcards to hit 1000? That'd look cool, lol.
yankeesjetsfan
I have nothing but good things to say about trading on this site. Everyone I have traded with has been a joy to work ith and I hope to trade again soon.

Mike
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Rabs @ Jun 14 2006, 07:06 PM)
But I'm shocked there isn't something for the people who completed the 1,000 transaction...

Does this mean you were one of the 2 members involved in that transaction? tongue.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Jplan72 @ Jun 14 2006, 06:57 PM)

Thanks for the positive feedback. wink.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
It is by far the smoothest ship that I have seen sailing the seas of sportscard trading.... I have been docked here for a month and have lowered the anchor.... I have had a blast in my first month here and it is because of all the adds here that far surpass other sites... The people are great and the communication is even better.... I hope to see 2, 10, 25 and 100,000 trades here!!!
aceecards
woot! woot! woot!
Rabs
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jun 15 2006, 01:01 AM)
Does this mean you were one of the 2 members involved in that transaction?  tongue.gif

-Bob

Oh I have no idea. Is there a way for me to even know that? I was just thinking since you gave away a gift to the 100,000 post it would be similar for this.
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(Rabs @ Jun 15 2006, 09:54 AM)
Oh I have no idea.  Is there a way for me to even know that?  I was just thinking since you gave away a gift to the 100,000 post it would be similar for this.

Never knew that Bob could be the only gift giver.... hmmmmm....
aceecards
Im wondering if it was the transaction between Bob and I... that broke 1000?

am I right Bob?
aceecards
Nope wasnt Bob's and mine he didnt complete it till 9:55 pm..

bob_TCC
QUOTE(DiaperDandy @ Jun 15 2006, 10:02 AM)
Never knew that Bob could be the only gift giver....  hmmmmm....

There are many, many additional members that host contests/giveaways and provide cards from their collections as prizes! Just wanted to make sure that was mentioned. wink.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jun 15 2006, 10:24 AM)
There are many, many additional members that host contests/giveaways and provide cards from their collections as prizes!  Just wanted to make sure that was mentioned.  wink.gif

-Bob

That was my point...Anyone is free to step up and award prizes for things they see fit... We all have the opportunity to improve aspects of the site with our active involvement and prizes supplied by fellow collectors... I was trying to say that it is not just the responsibility of Bob to step up and provide the prize....
gopackgo
Way to go everyone, it's summer now so we should be making a lot more trades since we won't be as busy...let's shoot for 2,000 by the end of the summer at least
Tarasadie17
Dang, that is awesome...
aceecards
so who is this mysterious 1000 completed transaction? and why did he leave this silver bullet behind?
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(Rabs @ Jun 15 2006, 09:54 AM)
Oh I have no idea.  Is there a way for me to even know that?  I was just thinking since you gave away a gift to the 100,000 post it would be similar for this.

You have to go back and count every single one, combining both sales and trades to get to the thousandth. And tell us who had the first, 250th, 500th, 671st, and 750th to make it interesting biggrin.gif
aceecards
sounds like a job for...

somebody else... laugh.gif
Rabs
QUOTE(aceecards @ Jun 16 2006, 10:50 AM)
sounds like a job for...
somebody else... laugh.gif

Exactly!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Jun 16 2006, 09:01 AM)
so who is this mysterious 1000 completed transaction?

Click here for the 1000th completed transaction.

-Bob
acampione
Wow! Way to go!
bob_TCC
Let's see... It took a little over 14 months for the first 1000 completed transactions, but only 12 days for the next 100! biggrin.gif

-Bob
aceecards
yes yes..

trades have been flyign off shelf as we have more and more live box breaks..

Just wait'll the good football stuff gets issued like UD and Topps...
Iplayfootball_90
That is awesome.
bob_TCC
Nothing special about this number, but I thought it looked cool.gif ...

1111 completed transactions

-Bob
Charlie
i think that # is cool also I always like seeing 11:11 on my clock
acampione
Woohoo!
bob_TCC
Just 25 days later, we've seen another 170 transactions completed!

It's great to see so many members helping each other find the cards they want. biggrin.gif

-Bob
Iplayfootball_90
That is awesome news! Good job everyone!
acampione
great news!
pistolpd22
thats awesome
cbware88
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have baseball, football, and basketball. Tell me what you need!!!!!!
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jul 20 2006, 05:50 PM)

It's great to see so many members helping each other find the cards they want.  biggrin.gif

-Bob

Great job everyone!!

And we are closing in on 200,000 posts too!!!
finestkind
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Jun 16 2006, 09:12 AM)
You have to go back and count every single one, combining both sales and trades to get to the thousandth.  And tell us who had the first, 250th, 500th, 671st, and 750th to make it interesting biggrin.gif

#671 ? Now that's interesting. laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jul 20 2006, 05:50 PM)

Wow! 15 days later, we've seen another 208 transactions completed!

-Bob
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 4 2006, 10:43 AM)
Wow!  15 days later, we've seen another 208 transactions completed

-Bob

WOW! That is great!
Charlie
trades are going well I am glad to be a part of the site and should break 20 trades completed early next week
msuwendy
That's awesome! Hope I can spend some time this weekend organizing a new trade list! smile.gif
ffman
I think I'll add two next week. I'd like to get to at least 10.
northicehero99
Ohhhh! Tradessss! That is my favorite thing. Bring em on! laugh.gif

Very cool that we had 208 transactions in two weeks.
ffman
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Aug 4 2006, 11:16 AM)
Ohhhh!  Tradessss!  That is my favorite thing.  Bring em on! laugh.gif

Very cool that we had 208 transactions in two weeks.

You're almost there......
bob_TCC
It's been very nice to watch transactions get posted, transactions get shipped and transactions get completed. Nice, smooth and easy flow by so many of our members lately - just like it should be.

Great job! wink.gif

-Bob
ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 4 2006, 04:55 PM)
It's been very nice to watch transactions get posted, transactions get shipped and transactions get completed.  Nice, smooth and easy flow by so many of our members lately - just like it should be.

Great job!  wink.gif

-Bob

I think I'm the only one who hasn't contributed in trading as of late. sad.gif

But, that might change a little on Tuesday, if possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.