Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: US Open at Winged Foot this weekend
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Golf
aceecards
sure to be very few players under par on the leaderboard as this is the course designed for men as the designer was once quoted..

Im sure we will get a lot of Phil's and Tigers but who are your underdogs..

I like Jim Furyk as an alternative to woods/mickelson

for a dark horse i like Mark Hensby..

Charlie
after this past week I will say my darkhorse is Singh even though I do not like him he plays consistent.

I am rooting for Tiger after being off 9 weeks I saw his interview today. They asked if he was dedicating the tournament to his dad. He said no it was to ALL dads. Now that is class. Wish we had that in other sports right Ron Artest wink.gif
Rabs
I heard that this is supposed to be an extremely difficult course. There is a 500 plus yard par 4! There also are 3 cuts of rough and the third is so high that you can't even find your ball!
Hallsgator
Go Phil!! I like Adam Scott every week, but he never comes through. I will say Jason Gore.
Hallsgator
QUOTE(Rabs @ Jun 13 2006, 11:02 PM)
I heard that this is supposed to be an extremely difficult course.  There is a 500 plus yard par 4!  There also are 3 cuts of rough and the third is so high that you can't even find your ball!

They say that at every U.S. Open. And the rough is that high at pretty much every course the pros at. I played at the TPC Scottsdale two weeks before the FBR Open, the rough was so high that if you lost your ball, you can drop at the edge of the fairway where your ball entered the rough. It was really hard to get it out of the rough if you hit in there.
Charlie
I was watching the interviews yesterday and they said the winner will have a score close to just -1 so it will be a good tournement.
gopackgo
2 words.... GO TIGER!!!
Charlie
Tiger not doing to well at this point
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.