Collector Zone > Sealed Deals > Completed Transactions
BigHig
The TCC Collector Zone Transaction Manager generated the following agreement:

BigHig receives:

$10 PayPal

ewhitman receives:

2004 Absolute Gridiron Force Prime Ricky Williams 13/25 3-color

Additional notes:

If PayPal is received before 11 am on Saturday July 26, card will ship same day with delivery confirmation. Thanks!!!
BigHig

This should have been posted as a sale instead of a trade.
bob_TCC
This transaction has been updated to display as a sale.

When creating transactions, please take an extra moment to make sure you're setting the Transaction type radio button to the proper choice.
ewhitman
agreed..

You have sent $10.00 USD to notoriousbighig@yahoo.com.
BigHig

PayPal received. Card was shipped USPS first class on Saturday morning July 26. Delivery confirmation number is 0307 0020 0000 7091 5864. Thanks!!!
ewhitman
card was recieved with some problems. there appears to be 2 cracks around patching in the actual card - trying to scan to show you.

user posted image

you can see the minor crack to the left corner.
there is also a crack oing down the right corner on the card. ( cant get a scan to show it apparently).

-Please let me know what we can do to address this.
BigHig

The card looked fine before it was shipped. I watched the owner of the store I purchased the card from, open the pack it was pulled from.
RGBII
ewhitman
Can you post a detailed scan/photo of just the "damaged' area?

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
ewhitman
I am at work right now, but definetly will when I get home tommorrow. I do not think it was caused in shipping, looks more like 2 small creases in the foil surface itself, but I will post a higher detailed scan in the morning when I get home.

Your packaging job was good not implying that at all.
ewhitman
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

If you would like I can send you back the card and you can see the foil cracking/creasing for yourself to evaluate it, Im not being a jerk about this just saying that the card's damage was not disclosed.
RGBII
I can see the crease.
Eric, have you been in contact with Brain to resolve the issue?
If not, that is my first suggestion.
Try to work something out. Please update the status here in the trade agreement.
Thank you & Collect Hard!,
RGBII
BigHig

I can guarantee that this card was not shipped with that noticeable of a crease. Do you still have the bubble envelope the card was shipped in? I've noticed on several damaged cards I've received before that it is apparant that both the envelope and the card were damaged by being bent or improperly handled by the postoffice. Are you able to tell if the toploader appeared bent. Unfortunately no insurance was used to process a refund from USPS.
ewhitman
I will address each questyion individually - Card was not sent in a top loader, it was sent sandwhiched between top loaders and cardboard. ( this is not the problem) shipping was fine on this card. The 2 creases are not from shipping they appear to be in manufacturing of the card.

I do still have the bubble envelope that the card was shipped in there is no damage to the top the bubble mailer.

-- Look man we are dealing with a 10$ transaction either you can attempt to make it right instead of denying all responsiblilty or it is simple I am not losing sleep over a 10$ transaction I will just never do business with you again.

If you would like the card back please let me know as I will send it to you so you can verify the cosmetic damage of this card. Do as you wish.. You have my address and I have yours, just let me know what route you want to choose.

Thanks,
Eric
BigHig

It appears that Eric has sealed his fate with this transaction. I have no need for the card back. You are the only person who has ever been interested in it. There is a zero percent chance that card left this house with a noticeable crease as the scan indicates. Therefore I can make no attempt to correct something I did not break.

ewhitman
FYI - I am not interested in the card either i was pursuing it for someone else who may be interested, so dont assume. Also I never assumed that you sent the card knowing there was these creases perhaps they did happen in shipping maybe they didn't. Who know's. I contacted you with the problem and you had denial of any wrong doing. Good luck with your online trading my friend.

sealed my fate? -- I think you are misunderstanding my previous post, You are the one with the reigns to make right or be judged, not I. If you would like to make right then send me something different dont really care what.

Or don't send me nothing at all and this will be my last trade with you, thats your choice to SEAL YOUR FATE.

Recommend closure of this thread as I have wasted enough time to compensate a 10$ transaction. (getting a little aggravated)
RGBII
Gentlemen,
There will be no further back and forth in this trade agreement.

The only posts will concern the mutually agreed and negotiated solution
to this situation.

I would suggest both of you take a break from the subject and contact one another tomorrow with a new point of view.

RGBII
ewhitman
Please close thread as there will be no further discussions
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ewhitman @ Jul 29 2008, 11:03 PM)
Please close thread as there will be no further discussions

I'd actually like to leave this open, but I agree that there's not much for you to say at this time. In my opinion, you've been very civil while "jumping through the hoops" requested due to BigHig's overall lack of cooperation. So, I can fully understand why you'd be getting frustrated at this point. With that said, it's always best to avoid the back-and-forth exchanges that move beyond the basic facts and current status updates.

BigHig,

Your current approach to resolving this matter is not acceptable and will not be accepted as resolution to this matter. So, you now have 24 hours to re-evaluate your approach and offer a proper resolution.

If that doesn't happen, your account will be restricted.

-Bob
bob_TCC
An e-mail and PM reminder to update the status of this transaction were just sent to BigHig.
BigHig

Bob,
I feel no further resolution is obtainable. The scan speaks for itself but I'm telling you that crease was not on that card when it left this house. Period, end of story. I have thrown cards away with less of a scratch than this. $40 Marinos have been tossed, serial numbered to 99 Priest Holmes cards were thrown away. If this card had this kind of factory crease on it I would have thrown it away. Bob...I have known of you from 3 different trading groups now over several years. Never had a problem except for the cards I never received from a trade from dweightfan31. I make a couples posts on this trade site once every 3 months. 75% of my posts do not even get a reply. I am a set collector and am only looking for specific cards. Selling is certainly not my preference especially when it turns out like this. Prior to this transaction, I have tried to distance myself from people who have photobuckets. 99 out of 100 times it's just a bunch of autograph and jersey cards that I have no interest in. Eric sent a PM asking for a price. Turns out he paid $7.91 for the card since first class and delivery confirmation was $2.09. It has already been determined that shipping was not part of the problem so it is either a manufacturing flaw or someone somewhere damaged the card. To put this in perspective, I ordered a complete set of 2006 NFL Playoffs that arrived yesterday. All 5 cards not in the base set are damaged pretty bad. Unfortunately Donruss will only replace cards for up to the next year or until the 2007 set arrived. What am I suppose to do there? Nothing, I suck it up and move on. One of the 5 cards is a rookie autographed gold version numbered to 50. (and guess what, I'll probably throw it away). Eric has already indicated he's not going to loose sleep over this transaction so why should I. Also, nobody has indicated what course of action they would like to remedy all this in the first place. If I have to fold or suffer being restricted, my course of action would be to have Eric return the card so I can throw it away. I will offer $25 worth of card(s) from my tradelists as a replacement and send scans of everything first so I'm not accused of creased cards again.
Brian
ewhitman
Sent to Bighig----

hey man,

First off let me say that I did not intend for this too get out of hand as it appears it has. The guy that I bought the card for needed it to complete some set. That being said, he has taken the card with no issue at all and claims that the foil creases are actually very common amongst the whole set. I got full value of trade that i was attempting to get so I would like to just close out the transaction as a completed agreement, no other cards or whatnot are neccessary as I still got the Laron Landry card that I wanted.

I also know of 3 people from other sites who have done several trades with you and have stated that your a great guy. So continue trading and everyone is happy. ..

V/R
Eric

------------------------
I still got everything I anticipated for the card , and the individual (local card shop owner), has possession of card. and I have my Laron Landry card.
ewhitman
All issues have been addressed please close out this thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.