Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Topps Series 2 Retail (2 Blaster So far)
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
benshobbies
I broke a 5 pack blaster and two ten pack guaranteed game used memoribilia blaster and they were fun breaks. The only thing that was disappointing about the guaranteed game used memoribilia box was that the game used card was not packed out and was included inside the box in a clear plastic wrapper. If you are a set builder 2008 Topps Series 1 & 2 is a really fun set to put together. This year Topps made it challenging and I really enjoy breaking this product. The Historical Campaign Matchup cards are really fun too.

I would recommend this product to anyone that wants to build a base set or a master set.

Check out my blog review on this product with pictures at:
http://benssportscards.blogspot.com

and check out my youtube videos here:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_HSzFKCOG8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmc7qmE3IkE
ffman
I agree with your "strike" on the game-used. Not including the GU card in with the packs takes the thrill away from pulling it! I bought one blaster of SAGE Hit and didn't like it there either.

Thanks for your review and recap; now I will know to stay away from 08 Topps blasters. Even thought my biggest retail pull ever came from a Topps product (06 Topps Update) it looks like Upper Deck is becoming the retail king.
benshobbies
QUOTE(ffman @ Jul 12 2008, 12:15 PM)
I agree with your "strike" on the game-used.  Not including the GU card in with the packs takes the thrill away from pulling it!  I bought one blaster of SAGE Hit and didn't like it there either. 

Thanks for your review and recap; now I will know to stay away from 08 Topps blasters.  Even thought my biggest retail pull ever came from a Topps product (06 Topps Update) it looks like Upper Deck is becoming the retail king.

Yeah, I really liked Upper Deck last year for retail and Topps for their vintage products (Bowman & Topps Heritage). In 2008 Topps Series 2 if you pull one of the Presidential Stamp cards then it might be worth something. Chances are rare. I do agree though. The Game Used checklist for Topps Retail is really bad too. Stick to hobby boxes on 2008 Topps Series 2.
ffman
QUOTE(benshobbies @ Jul 12 2008, 11:21 AM)
Yeah,  I really liked Upper Deck last year for retail and Topps for their vintage products (Bowman & Topps Heritage).  In 2008 Topps Series 2 if you pull one of the Presidential Stamp cards then it might be worth something.  Chances are rare.  I do agree though.  The Game Used checklist for Topps Retail is really bad too.  Stick to hobby boxes on 2008 Topps Series 2.

Upper Deck does the "guaranteed" thing right in my opinion - with the card IN the pack!

Topps did put a good retail product out with 2008 Topps Chrome, however. Usually around four-five (or more) refractors per blaster!
benshobbies
QUOTE(ffman @ Jul 12 2008, 12:25 PM)
Upper Deck does the "guaranteed" thing right in my opinion - with the card IN the pack! 

Topps did put a good retail product out with 2008 Topps Chrome, however.  Usually around four-five (or more) refractors per blaster!

Yeah, I've been trying to get my local KB Toys to order newer boxes but they keep selling and reordering 2008 Topps Opening Day & Topps Series 1 & 2. Topps Chrome 2008 is definitely on my buy list though if I can find it. Hopefully they will have something better this Wednesday when I'm in the area. I think I may be going for a 2008 Topps Series 2 hobby box in hopes of finding a silk Manny Ramirez.

jtbrave18
cool how much was it
benshobbies
QUOTE(jtbrave18 @ Aug 22 2008, 06:55 PM)
cool how much was it

The 5 pack blaster was $11.00 and the 10 pack with the guaranteed game used is $20-$25.00.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.