Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Any input on 2007 Bowman Chrome Football?
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
DamnWS6
Hey guys...I'm tempted to buy a case of 07 bowman chrome football. a 10 box case is going for around 425.

ive only busted a few packs of this stuff, but i like the look. i was very disappointed with the 06 chrome look.

i know theres only one hit per box, but theres always a chance of pulling a low numbered refractor or something along those lines.

what is your guys take on this? should i go for it, or should i hold my $$$ for something else.

thanks in advance.
marcus42
You have to know what your getting into when busting Bowman Chrome, I personally love opening it.

It's a set builders product, with some great parallels and nice rookies. There aren't any inserts, so you won't get surprised there and getting one auto per box is nice. The refractors look awesome as well!

if you really like that type of stuff, good luck if you get it!
DamnWS6
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Jun 13 2008, 07:13 PM)
You have to know what your getting into when busting Bowman Chrome, I personally love opening it.

It's a set builders product, with some great parallels and nice rookies. There aren't any inserts, so you won't get surprised there and getting one auto per box is nice. The refractors look awesome as well!

if you really like that type of stuff, good luck if you get it!

well im not a set collector, but ima chromie for sure biggrin.gif

just never really committed to a football chrome product...but i think i might try it.
northicehero99
Not a bad product but not that great either. You might get something decent in a case, but it will be hard to complete the sets and probably take 3-4 boxes per set, and the problem is the first 55 base rookies were in base Bowman. I think the sets only book $100 which is not much and you will not get that much out of them. The Petersons are selling around $15 last I checked and that was the best card in the box outside of the autos. Figure you will only get maybe 10? if you get 1 a box.
benshobbies
I busted a couple blasters of Bowman Football (Can't remember exactly if I busted any chrome). The design is not very good on the chrome cards and refractors are few and far between. It might be a better box in hobby.

The case break may be boring because the same players are in every box (from watching youtube breaks). You basically pull the same rookies in the same order.

I didn't like the product in retail, and from what I got out of youtube videos the boxes and products were boring.
Lew47
I love last years rookie crop but the really "good" auto's are too hard in 07 Bowman Chrome. Even in a whole case you are not likely to get one (Russell, Quinn, Peterson are 1:4121).

That's why I believe the price is so low. It would be fun to bust, bust if you are looking for those 3 or Calvin you're probally better off with something else.
Johnny Number 5
i say if you like it bust it, just remember alot of whozit rookies in bowman and you wont get the ap in every box
j5
rowdyreptile101
this stuff is very hit or bust... lots of $15 BV autos...
DamnWS6
thanks for the input guys, but this is kinda old.

i bought and busted a case about 2 weeks ago laugh.gif
benshobbies
QUOTE(DamnWS6 @ Jul 10 2008, 01:11 PM)
thanks for the input guys, but this is kinda old.

i bought and busted a case about 2 weeks ago laugh.gif

Well tell us about it then! We'd all like to know how the case turned out! Pull any Peterson Autos?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.