Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 SP Legendary Cuts
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
sportscollectoroz
After watching numerous box breaks of this product, I must say that this is anything but "Legendary."

Agree? Disagree?
specop30
QUOTE(sportscollectoroz @ Jun 11 2008, 09:23 PM)
After watching numerous box breaks of this product, I must say that this is anything but "Legendary."

Agree? Disagree?

I would have to agree, simply because I busted on today and got nothing. I was at my card show today and the guy was telling me they tried pulling it back, he managed to get a case though.
bigalexx
Same story every year. Very hit or miss.
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Jun 11 2008, 10:48 PM)
Same story every year. Very hit or miss.

Not even because of that, but when you think "Legendary" don't you picture Ruth, Gehrig, Clemente, Aaron, Cobb, Wagner, etc.? Yet you look at what's being pulled and you see Victor Martinez, Kenji Johjima, Jose Reyes, Chipper Jones . . . current athletes.
specop30
QUOTE(sportscollectoroz @ Jun 11 2008, 09:51 PM)
Not even because of that, but when you think "Legendary" don't you picture Ruth, Gehrig, Clemente, Aaron, Cobb, Wagner, etc.? Yet you look at what's being pulled and you see Victor Martinez, Kenji Johjima, Jose Reyes, Chipper Jones . . . current athletes.

yeah I pulled jered Weaver, derek lee, jaun marichal, jim rice/big papi all game used
PaperMario4Brawl
I agree because now there are current day players and it used to be all legends, but this year there are 4 hits instead of 2
Dillywill
I'm getting a box today so hopefully i wont have a negative review but it looks as though it will be from what i have seen
Dillywill
This looks to be a product that you need to buy a case of to actually get your moneys worth
Cades
QUOTE(Dillywill @ Jun 12 2008, 12:48 PM)
This looks to be a product that you need to buy a case of to actually get your moneys worth

Yeah pretty much the way I see it too.

Buy a case and get 2 cuts, 1 mystery cut, 1 auto and more then likely get some darn good ole timer GU's.

buy a box or 2 and you never know.

Although I do think it is pretty stupid for the current players single GU's in this product.

I do like the idea of the older players dual GU with current players, though.
dviv17
Definitely a product to buy singles from, but not boxes. For example, bought these two cards (both Kendricks) for $7 dlvd. That has to be like what, 1/11 of the box cost?

user posted image

user posted image
PBamber16
After reading abit about this product I do really like the base set, and the 'Generations' dual GU insert set. But I have to agree that it does seem to go a little bit away from it's name, with the number of current ball player's in the set. I think maybe UD is trying to mix current and former ball player's, to try and appeal to a wider audience, instead of just sticking to producing card's that are purely related to former and HOF ball player's!
marcus42
aren't there more players that are current because of the topps deal with all the legends?
aceecards
Being one who has busted a case of this..

and sometime I will load the vdeos from the case break.

I quickly snapped about the current players. The legendary players and figures are short printed to 550 and fall one per 12 packs!

The GU.. HA!!

I pulled maybe 3 old timers (I mean real old timers) from the 16 box case.. 2 bill dickeys and a roger horsnby.. the rest were Yount, cepeda, the usual 1960's -70's stuff that UD so abundantly loads into sweet spot classic and such!

yes I got my Cuts and yes I got my mystery cut! and I got 1 other auto.. not a cut!

I even got the 4 GU per box, 5-6 Yankee stadium thingys per box..

All in all.. the theme of my breaks was.. "why the modern day players" and "why not some rookies " besides kennedy and somebody else.!

I do have 4 base sets of cards 1-100 for sale if anyone wants to PM me an offer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.