Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: jay-z signs with topps
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Entertainment
bearsfan34
jay-z has just recently signed with topps. he will appear in topps basketball sets.

i'll get a link to the full story later
bob_TCC
QUOTE(bearsfan34 @ Jul 28 2005, 11:48 PM)
jay-z has just recently signed with topps. he will appear in topps basketball sets.

i'll get a link to the full story later

Click here for the press release from Topps which includes an image of his card.

I'm not real sure about calling these cards "rookies", but...

-Bob
finestkind
I don't get it. What does Jay-Z have to do with sports cards other than being part owner of a team.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(finestkind @ Jul 29 2005, 02:16 AM)
I don't get it. What does Jay-Z have to do with sports cards other than being part owner of a team.

More than Carmen Electra who's also part of the set... unsure.gif

-Bob
KHarmon
Sounds to me like they're trying to keep up with Playoff and their "Fans of the Game" sub-set from last years products. They're a step behind if that's the case.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(KHarmon @ Jul 29 2005, 09:08 AM)
Sounds to me like they're trying to keep up with Playoff and their "Fans of the Game" sub-set from last years products.  They're a step behind if that's the case.

If that's what they're trying to do, they need to position it much better. At least with "Fans of the Game", the angle is that these are famous people that love the sport. With this, they're just adding cards of famous people and calling them "rookies"?? unsure.gif

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.