Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: PLAYOFF PRESTIGE
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
EaglesFan36
IM DEBATING ON WHETHER TO DO A FEW BOXES OF THE NEW PRESTIGE FOOTBALL IF NOT WHAT WOULD U BUST
degibson84
QUOTE(EaglesFan36 @ May 12 2008, 05:39 PM)
IM DEBATING ON WHETHER TO DO A FEW BOXES OF THE NEW PRESTIGE FOOTBALL IF NOT WHAT WOULD U BUST

haven't seen a sell sheet on this yet but if it is like last years i would stay away. more than likely 2 GU(based on last years) i believe there was only 1 auto per case
northicehero99
Read a review in the guide and it sounds pretty interesting. It did not give odds on the autos but some of this years will be on embroidered patches with Draft logos, College or NFL Equipment logos. They look pretty cool similar to Leaf R&S patch autos from last year. Does not look like a bad product. No worse than any other 2008 product out there right now. The only other choices right now are Sage Hit, UD Draft and Press Pass. Your only other option is to wait for some other stuff to come out or buy 2007 products.
jetsrock3195
http://donruss.com/pis/preview.cfm?product...guration_id=333

hope that can help
degibson84
QUOTE(jetsrock3195 @ May 12 2008, 05:57 PM)

wow 4 per box this year i love the look too.

i want the braylon they have pictured in the sell sheet
TinCastleMusic
I preordered a box myself (usually get one every year). Saw the early break they had on Beckett, and the stuff looks really, really good this year. I'm guessing the hits will probably fall 3 GU, 1 Auto per box on average, but 4 hits and a ton of RCs (with the SP chance as well), parallels and inserts, it should be a fun break at least.
faulkrules
I like that they are including rookie reprints of '06 and '07, with patches and auto parallels.
Joshhoward05
yeah i like the look Also.I like that Donruss Lower Priced products still look good unlike topps & UD.
drocksthaparty
them cards are sweet, I would definitely look into a box of them.

damond
EaglesFan36
yea becketts early box break of it looked pretty good and the fact that u get 4 hits this year is great. the rookie xtra points set is lookin awesome too thanks for the feedback
degibson84
i may buy a box again this year. last years wasn't bad to me i just didn't like the 2 GU and one auto per case. although i did pull an auto. i traded the shop owner all my steelers junk for a few packs and i pulled a Lamarr Woodley auto. go figure i trade steelers to pull another steeler.
Bravesfan10
You are guaranteed an auto per box this year!
degibson84
QUOTE(Bravesfan10 @ May 13 2008, 04:00 PM)
You are guaranteed an auto per box this year!

where did you read that?
degibson84
Wow just read over on beckett that you are garaunteed one auto # to 250 or less per box
degibson84
here is beckett's breakdown of the product:

- Each box includes one autograph #'d to 250 or less, one college game-worn jersey and two other game-worn jersey cards.

- There are NO REDEMPTIONS in 2008 Playoff Prestige.

- There are 10 Short Print Rookie Cards (approximate odds are 2 per hobby 12-box case).

- One to two embroidered patch autos of Draft Picks per case. In three levels: NFL Draft Logo Seq # to 250 or less, College Logo Seq # to 100 or less, NFL Equipment Shield Seq # to 25

- Top college game-worn jerseys secured:

Matt Ryan
Darren McFadden
Felix Jones
Chris Long
DeSean Jackson
Malcolm Kelly
Limas Sweed
Jamaal Charles
Chad Henne
Mario Manningham
Rashard Mendenhall
Fred Davis

chiefsfan101
I don't know, but I ordered a box from Chris at The Hobby Box, so we'll see!
faulkrules
Just looked over a few box/case breaks of 08 Prestige over at the "other" message boards....looks to me like DLP is really throwing down the gauntlet. Some boxes have 5 hits...some have 2 patches....lots of nice low #d parallels. The flashback rookies are cool with updated photos. I ordered a few boxes, and I usually avoid Prestige to wait for Elite and Classics. Watch for prices to go up fast (and UD Draft to drop too).
PBamber16
I really like the look of 2008 Playoff Prestige. I think the Connections, TD Sensations and Stars of the NFL insert sets look like greats sets to try and put together!! + the fact that you get 4 hits per box is great!
urbanmonk
I'm not sure if I like the reprint concept, bought a couple packs today (and a box that I will do later on today). Got a nice looking JSY card, but the front says Prestige 2007, yet only thing different is the copyright on the back says 2008 in the usual small print.
What is everyone else's take on that? I think it will lead to folks misrepresenting cards on Ebay and what not, as I imagine these will obviously be worth less than the original. So I for one don't think it's good for the hobby.
sasports
anyone know when they are realeasing the SP list?
northicehero99
QUOTE(degibson84 @ May 13 2008, 03:33 PM)
i may buy a box again this year. last years wasn't bad to me i just didn't like the 2 GU and one auto per case. although i did pull an auto. i traded the shop owner all my steelers junk for a few packs and i pulled a Lamarr Woodley auto. go figure i trade steelers to pull another steeler.

Maybe I should have you buy my boxes??? That box would have made me biggrin.gif
chiefsfan101
I only got 3 hits in my box today. I'm gonna talk to Donruss really soon.
EaglesFan36
i like the rookie reprints because an easy way for somebody to get a jsy or patch of a rookie from last year on last years design especially becasue i liked the design and i dont think they have released the rookie SP list yet
EaglesFan36
QUOTE(chiefsfan101 @ May 16 2008, 11:26 PM)

did u get one of them manufactured patch autos because ive seen most of the boxes that got them got only 3 hits
chiefsfan101
QUOTE(EaglesFan36 @ May 17 2008, 08:32 AM)
did u get one of them manufactured patch autos because ive seen most of the boxes that got them got only 3 hits

No I didn't I only got 2 regular autos, and a gu
marcus42
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ May 16 2008, 03:26 PM)
I'm not sure if I like the reprint concept, bought a couple packs today (and a box that I will do later on today).  Got a nice looking JSY card, but the front says Prestige 2007, yet only thing different is the copyright on the back says 2008 in the usual small print.
What is everyone else's take on that?  I think it will lead to folks misrepresenting cards on Ebay and what not, as I imagine these will obviously be worth less than the original.  So I for one don't think it's good for the hobby.

I don't like it at all. It's a good concept if you reprint 08 on the card in obvious print, but if they printed the SP's from 07 and put them in packs, sellers will be really deceptive and try to make more $.

I don't like the up to four hits a box either, prestige is more for the set builder and now these guys will just sign more and more stickers to the point where it's not helping their value
buckmasterbob
i didnt like last years prestige but i think this years is way better. bought a box and pulled a darren mcfadden draft picks auto,darren mcfaddenprestigious picks jersey,dual patch of cutler and marshall numbered to 25,and a joseph addai jersey. i plan on buying lots more of the prestige.
chiefsfan101
buckmasterbob I need those mcfaddens !!!!
degibson84
QUOTE(marcus42 @ May 18 2008, 06:32 PM)
I don't like it at all. It's a good concept if you reprint 08 on the card in obvious print, but if they printed the SP's from 07 and put them in packs, sellers will be really deceptive and try to make more $.

I don't like the up to four hits a box either, prestige is more for the set builder and now these guys will just sign more and more stickers to the point where it's not helping their value

with the reprints i know some buyers wont look at the auctions close enough but if you are educated in the hobby you know that prestige RC are in college unis. the reprints have the guys in thier pro unis.
marcus42
QUOTE(degibson84 @ May 18 2008, 09:04 PM)
with the reprints i know some buyers wont look at the auctions close enough but if you are educated in the hobby you know that prestige RC are in college unis. the reprints have the guys in thier pro unis.

that is true. I thought something looked different in the design. That does make sense (I hadn't seen any before I made the previous post, just had read about them).
degibson84
QUOTE(marcus42 @ May 19 2008, 01:21 PM)
that is true. I thought something looked different in the design. That does make sense (I hadn't seen any before I made the previous post, just had read about them).

pulled a T-Jack with a GU really nice looking
degibson84
QUOTE(chiefsfan101 @ May 16 2008, 11:26 PM)

Let us know what DLP says about your three hit box
BagwellFan25
I've always been a critic of Playoff Prestige but I actually like the base card design of this year's product. The RC's and the RC parallels are pretty sweet. The inserts are questionable but overall, it's not too horrible.
EaglesFan36
QUOTE(buckmasterbob @ May 18 2008, 06:38 PM)
i didnt like last years prestige but i think this years is way better. bought a box and pulled a darren mcfadden draft picks auto,darren mcfaddenprestigious picks jersey,dual patch of cutler and marshall numbered to 25,and a joseph addai jersey. i plan on buying lots more of the prestige.

sick box bro def buy some more boxes and give me the results purchased a few tonight
EaglesFan36
the rookie xtra points insert set is sick this year real nice looking
chiefsfan101
So far this is the best football product of 08.
PBamber16
QUOTE(chiefsfan101 @ May 26 2008, 01:54 AM)
So far this is the best football product of 08.

It is definately!! I watched a few Box Breaks on YouTube of Topps Rookie Progression. What a horrible looking set that is!! Prestige tops Progression and other 08 football releases by far!
MikeScCa
looks cool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.