Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Best Value for a Box?
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
epitome12
I recently began mining around trying to figure out where to start with my collecting. I purchased a box of Upper Deck Premier Baseball 2008 from blowoutcards.com which I am still waiting on, but in the mean time I have a question.

I want to purchase more boxes for baseball / basketball, but the question in my mind is what box series has the most possible value for resale?
babybraves05
I enjoy Topps Moments and Milestones for baseball becasue of all the numbered and autos and 1/1's. JUST my personal preference
QUOTE(epitome12 @ May 2 2008, 04:38 PM)
I recently began mining around trying to figure out where to start with my collecting.  I purchased a box of Upper Deck Premier Baseball 2008 from blowoutcards.com which I am still waiting on, but in the mean time I have a question. 

I want to purchase more boxes for baseball / basketball,  but the question in my mind is what box series has the most possible value for resale?

BlackJack
SPX has its ups and down but over all most ppl are happy with what they get in the box.
Cades
2008 UD Premeir Basketball is HOT HOT HOT this year... UD Black basketball has also been pretty hot.. good amount of value on both of those breaks, although, not too cheap
Kmart6nets
For basketball 06-07 UD Reserve is pretty solid, even the base are very nice! 2 GU, 2 autos (and it's UD so there's always the possibility of some MJ or LBJ), and most likely below $50.
bigalexx
QUOTE(babybraves05 @ May 2 2008, 03:02 PM)
I enjoy Topps Moments and Milestones for baseball becasue of all the numbered and autos and 1/1's. JUST my personal preference

That product is one of the worst (Value Wise)
mavisbike
I love Topps Trademark Moves. not the best re-sale wise though. Artifacts does have some huge hits in it and at only 50$ a box + shipping its better than paying 300$.

2005/2006 Sp Signature Tins are really fun. and REALLY cheap. like around 22$ per tin. you get an auto, a base, and a numbered rookie
ffman
From the breaks I've watched here 2007 SPx baseball is a product filled with value. With almost every box there's a chance of a nice Ripken hit.
northicehero99
QUOTE(epitome12 @ May 2 2008, 04:38 PM)
I want to purchase more boxes for baseball / basketball,  but the question in my mind is what box series has the most possible value for resale?

I think the answer that everyone should have provided for this is "NONE". Buying a box of cards is like buying lottery tickets, more often than not you do not get back what you paid for the box, in any sport. It is a "Hobby" that can bring resale value if you get lucky, but with any product that is not guaranteed. If you are buying a box to get something great that you can flip for more than the box, that rarely happens, you are better off putting your money in an IRA for your retirement or a CD.
matty18
I think the advice above is the best you can get!
specop30
For basketball Im sold on UD Ultimate, really nice patches and autos... it can either be really good or bad, but thats in general with the hobby...Good luck
grb333x
personally i love the 2007 sp authentic baseball. you get two letterman autos per box 1 rookie 1 vet. you can also get nice bonuses like autos, nice patches, and even exquisite redemptions ( which is usually two expensive to buy but nice for free) i know yo might think exquisite is terrible because of the fake beckett video but in general, it is a very good box with nice hits. maybe not worth the money but certainly very nice
MikeScCa
2008 premier hott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.