Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: New Record: Posts in a Single Day!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
bob_TCC
For a little context...

Since the forums were added in early 2005, we had a total of 4 1000+ post days before Wednesday of this past week.

Starting Wednesday, we've now had 4 straight 1000+ post days!

Thanks to each and every one of you that are spreading the word about TCC and doing so much to make this site grow so fast! wink.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
It is great to be a part of greatness smile.gif Keep up the great steering Captain!! The site will have a Disney movie made about its meteoric rise before its all over.....
bob_TCC
Official results...

May 20, 2006 - 1048

-Bob
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ May 21 2006, 12:01 AM)
Official results...

May 20, 2006 - 1048

-Bob

A squeaker but a success no less...I think today will be the real challenge....
aceecards
and now we are flying again today..

Lets go back to back to back to back to BACK!!

the mlb consecutive HRs hit each day is 8.. its a small goal but lets go for that..

Dale Long Look out!!
DiaperDandy
If we can get it today, we are looking at 8 days coasting downhill....
acampione
wow!!!!!!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(DiaperDandy @ May 21 2006, 08:47 AM)
...I think today will be the real challenge....

Yes, today is the challenge! Break out those unopened cases that you've been storing away as "investments"! biggrin.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
I am stuck at work this afternoon...not much going on here so I can at least reply to posts and try to get some trades set up smile.gif

Ty
kc_royals_fan_5
Sounds like I missed all the fun last night. Waiting for the record to be broken. Oh, well. Whoohoo for last night! smile.gif
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ May 21 2006, 10:07 AM)
Yes, today is the challenge!  Break out those unopened cases that you've been storing away as "investments"!  biggrin.gif

-Bob

My goodness man, who has that kind of self control? ohmy.gif
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ May 21 2006, 01:49 PM)
My goodness man, who has that kind of self control?  ohmy.gif

I second that.... an unopened box of cards stays around my house about as long as a package of unopened oreos....
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ May 21 2006, 01:49 PM)
My goodness man, who has that kind of self control?  ohmy.gif

Another question is, "Are there any unopened cases that actually are investments?" unsure.gif

-Bob
aceecards
I figure we are way off pace right?

aceecards
I have a box of the initial issue of UD and score somewhere.. but Im not willing to bust the ud..

Also have an unopened box of sportflics all time greats somewhere too..
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ May 21 2006, 02:34 PM)
I figure we are way off pace right?

Yes. I'm not worried about it though. Based on the last few days, I'm confident that we are going to have lots of 1000+ post days moving forward! wink.gif

Weekends are for family and friends! biggrin.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
We will probably hit a straight week in the very near future weekends included as it really seems to be on fire right now....
ffman
QUOTE(yankeesjetsfan @ May 20 2006, 01:54 PM)
It's like I said before, this site is an addiction.

Mike

I don't think I could've said it better.
jaxjaggywires
Good to see so much action on the boards recently...cool.gif
ffman
Not by me, lol. Been off of the computer this weekend. I feel....confused....because of the break. laugh.gif I've been spending too long at TCC, lol.
baseballguy601
how many post today?
aceecards
hey bob can we get an update to the tote board today?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ May 21 2006, 07:27 PM)
hey bob can we get an update to the tote board today?

We're ahead of the last 2 Sundays, but still have a ways to go to break 1000 posts.

-Bob
baseballguy601
i'll be on all night wink.gif
aceecards
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ May 21 2006, 06:35 PM)
i'll be on all night wink.gif

Thank You..Thank you very much..
DiaperDandy
I will do what I can.... I am going to be limited this evening... Sopranos smile.gif
baseballguy601
r u being serious or sarcastic?

QUOTE(aceecards @ May 21 2006, 07:37 PM)
Thank You..Thank you very much..

bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ May 21 2006, 01:07 PM)
Yes, today is the challenge!  Break out those unopened cases that you've been storing away as "investments"!  biggrin.gif

-Bob

Let me just get out the Emergency Case.
Bags5MVP
Wow. I must be in the minority here. I don't want to "try" to have over 1000 posts in one day. I want it to come naturally. People posting because they want to for the sake of conversation, not because we "have" to hit a number.
baseballguy601
if only i had an extra case wink.gif
Go18
If only I had a case of cards. Ill try my best to help reach 1000 posts for the day. biggrin.gif
baseballguy601
its ok GO just multiply your current TOTAL by about 11 in the next 3 hours and we will be good wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bags5MVP @ May 21 2006, 08:35 PM)
Wow. I must be in the minority here. I don't want to "try" to have over 1000 posts in one day. I want it to come naturally. People posting because they want to for the sake of conversation, not because we "have" to hit a number.

Overall, I think "natural" posting is what almost happens here. Generally, I think most of us in this topic are just having a good time with the 1000+ posts per day streak.

In fact, you'll notice that my posting is down a fair amount over the last 2 days. Passing 1000 posts is great, but I still want my 9 holes of golf on Saturday, my "Pizza and Movie" night with the family on Saturday and my new TV hunting today. biggrin.gif

In fact, I'm heading out again right now to pick up some new S-Video and component video cables to see just how good of a picture this 32" Sony Trinitron can have! biggrin.gif

-Bob
jaderock
Bob,

how do we tell how many post are done in a day or 24 period? I know hte front page shows members but not posts?
ffman
Nice question, jade. I've kind of wondered that myself, every now and then, to tell you true.
aceecards
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ May 21 2006, 06:45 PM)
r u being serious or sarcastic?

thats what the comedians say at the funny bone after they see Ill be here all week..

so it is completely humorous..
aceecards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ May 21 2006, 07:59 PM)
Overall, I think "natural" posting is what almost happens here.  Generally, I think most of us in this topic are just having a good time with the 1000+ posts per day streak. 

In fact, you'll notice that my posting is down a fair amount over the last 2 days.  Passing 1000 posts is great, but I still want my 9 holes of golf on Saturday, my "Pizza and Movie" night with the family on Saturday and my new TV hunting today.  biggrin.gif

In fact, I'm heading out again right now to pick up some new S-Video and component video cables to see just how good of a picture this 32" Sony Trinitron can have!  biggrin.gif

-Bob

OH svideo somebody is getting serious with the tivo, dvd or vcr.. laugh.gif
ffman
The posting on my part is 'natural' for the most part. I don't see how I've made so many posts sometime, lol.
yankeesjetsfan
I post alot because I love the friendliness of the members here as opposed to the other boards I am a member of. It's you people that make me wanna post until my fingers fall off.

Mike
aceecards
I post because I want too.. not out of necesity..

Oh and this one is a milestone!!
acampione
Congrats on 12000 Steve! Looks like you're catching up to Bob!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(yankeesjetsfan @ May 21 2006, 10:54 PM)
It's you people that make me wanna post until my fingers fall off.

Well, don't do that! Your post count would certainly suffer then! laugh.gif

-Bob
aceecards
I dont ever wanna catch Master Bob!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ May 21 2006, 11:10 PM)
I dont ever wanna catch Master Bob!!

You will someday and I'll be the first to congratulate you and thank you for being such an incredibly active member. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
By the way, a good box break would extend the streak. cool.gif

47 minutes to do it though. biggrin.gif

-Bob
aceecards
Oh OH OH..

I got nothing!!

Play the new vote off the card game Bob!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ May 21 2006, 11:14 PM)
Play the new vote off the card game Bob!!

But... But... But...

Bob's playing the "Is this better? How about this one? Ok. How about this one?" game as I switch between different cables and configurations. biggrin.gif

-Bob
aceecards
Just plug that expensive s video cable in and thorw a dvd like toy story in and then you will know..

I swear once i went s video everything got clearer brighter sharper..

compared to the stupid Co axle!!
aceecards
Oh one more thing watch those pinouts in the s video they move in and out and Im sure you didnt expect that for $30 +
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ May 21 2006, 11:21 PM)
Oh one more thing watch those pinouts in the s video they move in and out and Im sure you didnt expect that for $30 +

I've already run into that! I can't even get the S-Video to work yet because of it! mad.gif

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.