Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Donruss Football Black Box
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
dualshock
What do you guys think of this stuff? I saw Chris' video of it and it's pretty much a box of printing plates.
dualshock
Here's a link to one on ebay:

Donruss Black Box
monsta
I don't think it's worth the price.
dualshock
I agree.
marcus42
I think it's better than 07 since there are two auto's per box, but still a little too expensive for PP's.
slakker381
I've seen some 1/1 printing plates sell on ebay for under $10 lol, I remember when these were exciting to pull...now they're everywhere!
Citrusjrb
Yeah I would rather buy some Upper Deck Draft Edition than spend $200.00 on that.
PBamber16
Pritty cool that they are all 1/1's and the 2 AU. However I'm not too bothered about adding printing plates to my collection, and the price does seem a little steep!
tkin
It seems overpriced and getting all plates seems a bit boring. What are these plates of? Are they just going through old inventory of Donruss plates, or are these plates specifically created for this product?
rowdyreptile101
This stuff is boring & overpriced. I thought sage decadence was a ton better than this black box garbage.
marcus42
the odd thing is they put autograph stickers on plates that weren't real autograph cards in production...that doesn't make any sense, these will only appeal to player collectors and team collectors...

I think the boxes look really cool though!
monsta
QUOTE(tkin @ Apr 26 2008, 07:53 AM)
It seems overpriced and getting all plates seems a bit boring.  What are these plates of?  Are they just going through old inventory of Donruss plates, or are these plates specifically created for this product?

I think it's everything from 2007.
tkin
QUOTE(monsta @ Apr 26 2008, 10:42 PM)
I think it's everything from 2007.

I went back and checked and thats what I think too. I watched a whole bunch of breaks of this stuff and came to my own conclusion that it is not worth it because of the sticker autos and the relatively bland look of the plates. THey could have at least framed them.
sasports
i kinda like the plates and thinking of starting a collection of all 1/1 plates! but for 200 i dont think so......but if any of you guys pull a plate hit me up! lol
marcus42
QUOTE(sasports @ Apr 27 2008, 07:47 PM)
i kinda like the plates and thinking of starting a collection of all 1/1 plates!  but for 200 i dont think so......but if any of you guys pull a plate hit me up! lol

it would be a unique collection, but definitely buying singles would be your best bet since you could buy quite a few before you would reach the price of a box.
slakker381
ok...so i caved in and bought a spot in a group break on youtube for these plates. it was $28 a hit, random spot so I got a 28.5% chance of pulling the auto. hopefully it goes well for me. smile.gif
chopinalex
just saw a 3 box break of this on youtube..pulled marion barber auto plate 1/1..LT plate 1/1...looks fun..at worst u can trade them..
slakker381
knowing my luck...i'll get a JP Losman plate blowup.gif
bravesfan09
QUOTE(Citrusjrb @ Apr 25 2008, 08:38 PM)
Yeah I would rather buy some Upper Deck Draft Edition than spend $200.00 on that.

I second that! Draft Edition looks like a great product! I tried some retail and pulled a James Hardy Autograph RC (2nd Rd, Pick 41). Printing Plates are worthless in my opinion.
metsfan2427
It just a box of plates were is the fun of the break there isn't any
MikeScCa
kinda dumb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.