Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Upper Deck Draft Edition
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
Gforce083
Hey I just put in my preorder for a box of UD Draft Edition, claiming to have 5 rookie autos per box for a price cheaper than you'd expect for box with that # of autos. Just wanted to get others thoughts on this product...are you looking forward to it, didn't know about it, could care less, sick and tired of Upper Deck....just whatever let me know your pre-release thoughts on this product.
marcus42
Sounds good...but this will probably be the year that auto's are overproduced to an astronomical amount:
-This has 5 auto's per box
-Prestige has two more hits per box
-Elite with have another hit or two per box...

The reason this seems like a great deal is because this is relatively new product for upper deck so people may not jump on it as fast as an established product.
Gforce083
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Apr 18 2008, 11:21 AM)
Sounds good...but this will probably be the year that auto's are overproduced to an astronomical amount:
-This has 5 auto's per box
-Prestige has two more hits per box
-Elite with have another hit or two per box...

The reason this seems like a great deal is because this is relatively new product for upper deck so people may not jump on it as fast as an established product.

I had no idea that many products where increasing the # of hits per box this year. In a way its a good thing, you feel like you're getting more bang for you buck...but at the same time overproduction will kill the value of anything. I hope that card companies haven't forgotten what the mid 80's and early 90's did to the hobby as a whole with their mass overproduction of cards.
marcus42
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Apr 18 2008, 12:26 PM)
I had no idea that many products where increasing the # of hits per box this year. In a way its a good thing, you feel like you're getting more bang for you buck...but at the same time overproduction will kill the value of anything. I hope that card companies haven't forgotten what the mid 80's and early 90's did to the hobby as a whole with their mass overproduction of cards.

See, it would definitely seem like a great thing but the allure of a one color jersey card has been all but tarnished.

The autograph and soon to be patch card are as well.

It's coming soon, very soon. I hope companies catch on.
Gforce083
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Apr 18 2008, 02:20 PM)
See, it would definitely seem like a great thing but the allure of a one color jersey card has been all but tarnished.

The autograph and soon to be patch card are as well.

It's coming soon, very soon. I hope companies catch on.

I think auto's are always going to be saught after but yeah I can see patches losing their luster as well...but it's just like whats next? They put out a George Washington authentic hair card...how gross is that? I think the next big thing is cards w/ embedded personalized videos from the player, ha.
dodgerblue38501
I think most all of the lower to mid range Donruss products are increasing their hits this year. I think the UD Draft Edition will be a hot product at first until people see that the major stars are SPs and hard to pull. I figure this product will feature anyone and everyone classified as a rookie. Lots of whoozits and a few big names.
beanschat
couldn't care less...so tired of rookie autos of free agent rookies...that drives me CRAZY! If they would go to an auto per box of 3rd rounder or better I would be much more interested...but I don't buy much Upper Deck product
Gforce083
I figured I'd just be pulling some no one offensive lineman as usual from UD, but you know there's always that chance of something great.
EaglesFan36
i like the product i got a Henne auto out of one pack but i would like to see more short printed autos
mysticalwolf70
The box I pulled wasnt bad... autos were nice but too many colored coded RC's.I did seem to pull four 3 to 7 round draft picks but surprizing enuff I pulled a Matt Ryan AU #4/25.
metsfan2427
i hate all those no name rookies
marcus42
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ May 21 2008, 07:27 AM)
i hate all those no name rookies

they all have names...

and they have to be good enough to get a card made...do you have a card made of yourself?
Gforce083
QUOTE(marcus42 @ May 21 2008, 06:52 PM)
they all have names...

and they have to be good enough to get a card made...do you have a card made of yourself?

Actually...ANYONE can go on Upperdeck.com or Topps.com and get a card made of themselves!!
northicehero99
Overall for the price I thought it was an OK product. The autos were hit and miss although I did get a few nicer ones: J Stewart #/75, D Dixon #/50, J Charles #/50, Ray Rice (not numbered) and an exchange for Colt Brennan. I am only a few cards away from the entire set and thought the design made it fun to build and trade for.
MikeScCa
looks alright
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.