Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: When re-using bubble mailers...
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
bob_TCC
If you're going to re-use bubble mailers, please do so in a way that doesn't share someone's full mailing address with a third party. When I send my end of a transaction to another member, the package doesn't contain my permission to then pass my mailing address along by stuffing the bubble mailer that I sent into the next package that you send. wink.gif

I mention this because I've received a number of packages that contain used bubble mailers - full return addresses from some unknown third party and all.

-Bob
vicsten
Good suggestion.
Nene
*guilty*
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 10 2008, 07:58 PM)
If you're going to re-use bubble mailers, please do so in a way that doesn't share someone's full mailing address with a third party.  When I send my end of a transaction to another member, the package doesn't contain my permission to then pass my mailing address along by stuffing the bubble mailer that I sent into the next package that you send.  wink.gif

I mention this because I've received a number of packages that contain used bubble mailers - full return addresses from some unknown third party and all.

-Bob

Oh crap! Now that I think about it, I'm guilty too . . . which stinks because I hate giving away people's personal information without there consent.
Nyfancam01
i always use new ones

i STAY stocked up on these bad boys
Johnny Number 5
QUOTE(Nyfancam01 @ Mar 10 2008, 11:35 PM)
i always use new ones
i STAY stocked up on these bad boys

Cam is a trade-a-hol-ic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
hodee5
Always sound advice! Someone recently sent my sleezEbay winnings with an extra thick white card for support, which was very nice, but they had their football bets on it! I can't believe they took Carolina and the points that week! blink.gif I'm sure Vinny was happy though....... blink.gif blink.gif
baseballguy601
I sometimes send old homework laugh.gif

I'm trying to make the world smarter!
degibson84
i recently started taking a shrpie and going over the addresses of those who have sent me cards.
northicehero99
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Mar 14 2008, 07:47 AM)
i recently started taking a shrpie and going over the addresses of those who have sent me cards.

I do this as well have a black permanent marker and black it out or if the previous user had a label I take it off.

urbanmonk
I alway black out the return address, don't bother with mine since they already know it wink.gif laugh.gif But I mostly just use part of the used ones for a pocket to put cards in (though my case of bubble mailers I got are slightly smaller and don't work so well with that unless just a few cards.
nameant
I've received some like that too. A couple swipes with the sharpie will do the trick. wink.gif
Kmart6nets
I try to make mine as un-re-usable as possible by making my name and address HUGE. mwahahaha
nameant
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Mar 14 2008, 10:42 AM)
I try to make mine as un-re-usable as possible by making my name and address HUGE. mwahahaha

So I've noticed. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
2000 rushing yards
I recvied some like that too.. i try to rip off the name (if its a sticker) or put 2 layers of mailing tape over the address to clear it out
meuandthelot
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Mar 14 2008, 11:18 AM)
I recvied some like that too.. i try to rip off the name (if its a sticker) or put 2 layers of mailing tape over the address to clear it out

I've done this, but before the tape I take an exacto and make a few small slits so the address area will be destroyed if the tape is removed. My own tamper proof system wink.gif
thesobons
So true Bob!

In the rush to get group box breaks out, I find I'm guilty sometimes too. sad.gif

I'll be more careful.
bob_TCC
Just wanted to bring this topic back to life for additional input and views...

-Bob
Gforce083
I think bubble mailers should be reused as many times as possible. As long as the bubbles are still bubbly and there are not holes or huge tears in it! There is no need to create more waste than there is already...cough cough BUTTERS cough. Stop ripping the mailers to shreds, simply cut a little strip off the top that allows you to fully open the mailer take your cards out and put it away for reuse smile.gif Saves you money, helps make the earth a little better.

But yes..Bob makes a good point. Get a permanent black marker and just cover up all personal information. Then either print out postage from PayPal and stick on there...or use a piece of plain white paper, write the address your mailing to and tape the paper onto the mailer smile.gif
baseballguy601
Thanks Bob! Good info!
Pastretta
Bob, thanks for the info! I usually try to black out the addresses on the used ones also! I'm pretty sure I am guilty of not doing it a couple times though mellow.gif
snowblink
This is why mailing labels are the only way to go - easily taped over to hold them securely for shipping and simple to remove for many bubble mailer reuses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.