Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: I hate to be a complainer...
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
sahetu
Seeing as though 2 of the last NPNs I got were GU and an Auto...

But I haven't gotten as many NPNs as I should have.

And I think I know why...

The last NPN I got was the Fitzpatrick auto (rather, Ace's Fitzpatrick auto, once I figure out what I want in trade)... But it was sent to 7078 East Lake Rd. whereas my address is 7018 East Lake Rd.

Now, those that I have traded with - you know I have very very good penmanship. I print very boldly and simply with no quirks or messiness...

I know wonder how many NPNs have been sent to the wrong address because they read it wronf (or a computer read it wrong, or whatever).

sad.gif

8 NPN requests sent to WWE Heritage in January - none back
2 Topps heritage - none back
3 BDP Basketball - none back

And it looks like none back from All-American Football...

*sniffle*

sad.gif mad.gif sad.gif

I know it's a roll of the dice - but I never got skunked from Topps before this - ever!
bravesfan09
iv never tried an NPN but that kinda is bad
kc_royals_fan_5
Aww! sad.gif I hope they didn't mistake your address. Maybe they're just slow.

I lost track of the ones I sent off. I've only gotten that one card. I think there's at least 2 drawings coming up that i sent to. One in May and one in June, I think. If I get something..yay! If not, oh well..better luck next time.
wrv01
then don't be a complainer

you really shouldn't expect anything...

it is like a lottery..

so when you get one you should be happy
sahetu
Yeah, but it's a tad discouraging considering the past success and the odds.

QUOTE(wrv01 @ Apr 29 2006, 09:46 PM)
then don't be a complainer

you really shouldn't expect anything...

it is like a lottery..

so when you get one you should be happy

aceecards
did somebody say lottery..

Id like an npn from powerball then laugh.gif
kc_royals_fan_5
Yeah right! laugh.gif

QUOTE(aceecards @ Apr 29 2006, 09:22 PM)

Id like an npn from powerball then  laugh.gif

acampione
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(aceecards @ Apr 29 2006, 10:22 PM)

bravesfan09
QUOTE(aceecards @ Apr 29 2006, 09:22 PM)

who wouldnt tongue.gif
northicehero99
On WWE you should have gotten something with those entries, but do not complain on that one. Those of us who did receive WWE npns got . . .
now do not get too excited for this. . . stickers, whipde dooo. I think I heard one person got an auto, but I got like 3 stickers, I think WRV got stickers. So look at the bright side, nothing was probably better than something in that case.

On the Heritage was that Bowman Heritage baseball and didn't you get a mini card on that? If it was football heritage I did not see anything on that yet and baseball Heritage 2006 has not closed yet.

Cheer up, it is not like we that have sent in, have not gotten anything, sometimes what we have gotten has even beaten out the Fleer Bankruptcy debacle. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
sahetu
Football heritage...

And I know, just makes me wonder if stuff got lost!
jaderock
Maybe give Topps a call and tell em to fix your address in their system ... the wrong address could be a problem!
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(jaderock @ May 1 2006, 12:05 AM)
Maybe give Topps a call and tell em to fix your address in their system ... the wrong address could be a problem!

I highly doubt calling will get anything done. Then they have to SEARCH for your NPNs. I would just cut my losses, and start over again.
sahetu
I'm considering getting my own seperate PO Box anyway, I share mailbox with 4 other people as it is.

QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ May 1 2006, 10:11 PM)
I highly doubt calling will get anything done.  Then they have to SEARCH for your NPNs.  I would just cut my losses, and start over again.

forznoles
QUOTE(sahetu @ May 2 2006, 12:13 AM)
I'm considering getting my own seperate PO Box anyway, I share mailbox with 4 other people as it is.

Speaking of PO box, are they allowed? I know for a lot of things (rebate checks, etc.) they don't allow PO boxes. I have a PO box, but I put my street address and #XXXXX (meaning my PO box) and then the zip of my post office, so they won't think they're sending to a PO box. I just started NPNs in January, and in the course of two days a couple of weeks ago I got a Fleer Ultra Joe Thorton jersey card from UD, and a basketball poker chip from Topps, then nothing.

It's a lottery - if the odds of pulling this stuff in a pack are, let's say, 1:20, then you should expect one win for every 20 NPNs sent in. I take it as a lottery myself - something to make going to the mailbox more interesting - no more, no less. You can't really expect something with each NPN, and you can't expect the odds to work out exactly as you calculate. I check online once a week for NPN addresses I'm interested in, then send in a card. And hope for the best...

IMO, or course.
sahetu
I only, well er, complained... because previous to this string of bad luck I've gotten an NPN for every release I sent one out for. Previous to say, February. so from... April of last year to February of this year I got every NPN from Topps I sent for. I've never received one from UD, only 2 from Donruss. But that's expected.

It's okay, I'll just take it as it comes, hehe.

QUOTE(forznoles @ May 2 2006, 01:19 PM)
Speaking of PO box, are they allowed?  I know for a lot of things (rebate checks, etc.) they don't allow PO boxes.  I have a PO box, but I put my street address and #XXXXX (meaning my PO box) and then the zip of my post office, so they won't think they're sending to a PO box.  I just started NPNs in January, and in the course of two days a couple of weeks ago I got a Fleer Ultra Joe Thorton jersey card from UD, and a basketball poker chip from Topps, then nothing. 

It's a lottery - if the odds of pulling this stuff in a pack are, let's say, 1:20, then you should expect one win for every 20 NPNs sent in.  I take it as a lottery myself - something to make going to the mailbox more interesting - no more, no less.  You can't really expect something with each NPN, and you can't expect the odds to work out exactly as you calculate.  I check online once a week for NPN addresses I'm interested in, then send in a card.  And hope for the best...

IMO, or course.

northicehero99
For me these things come in streaks, I will get four or five and then nothing for a few weeks and then another few more. As said above, it is a risk and if I get something well great, if not I just wish for my $0.39 back and figure nothing ventured, nothing gained. It beats wasting the $1 on a retail pack or on the lottery, I never seem to hit for more than a few $ when I hit.
sahetu
Yeah *nods*

Beats Wal-Mart blasters wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.