Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Canadian Skill Question???
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
jleaseburg
What's the deal with the Canadian skill question on the npnsportscard.com site?
DamnWS6
i always wondered the same thing?
jeffsmith2349
by law here in canada you have to answer a skill testing question when entering a contest to make sure you not a simpleton
sahetu
I always assumed it was to get over the whole gambling aspect of it? With the skill question it shows you got a trivia answer correct and might get an item for it.
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(jeffsmith2349 @ Feb 22 2008, 01:11 AM)
by law here in canada you have to answer a skill testing question when entering a contest to make sure you not a simpleton

is that actually true becuase that's mean laugh.gif
northicehero99
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Feb 22 2008, 12:35 PM)
is that actually true becuase that's mean laugh.gif

In theory it is true. My understanding is that it goes back to the gambling aspect. They want to make sure anyone gambling is of reasonable intelligence. It is intended to protect the less intelligent from unwisely spending money on "lottery" type products. It is similar to the laws in each state on gambling on the State Lottery that you have to be 18, as minors could be corrupted/become addicted into gambling if allowed to do so, and do not have the common sense to realize that the odds on these games are actually not in your favor. Similarly they want to ensure people sending in entries have the "common sense" necessary to realize there are risks associated with spending money on a lottery type of item.
snowblink
Canadian sweepstakes law requires that the part "chosen by luck," is removed from any sweepstakes. Thus the need for a "skill question" to run the sweeps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.