Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: got my first npn today
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
flyers4lif
I've been doing these since december i finally got one today from upper deck
it's a fleer ultra iniformity card of Anthony Stewart of the Florida Panthers.
I know he's a nobody but a free card is a free card and i only sent in 3 envelopes. I never hear of anyone getting anthing from upper deck so i feel kind of lucky
forznoles
QUOTE(flyers4lif @ Apr 22 2006, 12:59 PM)
I've been doing these since december i finally got one today from upper deck
it's a fleer ultra iniformity card of Anthony Stewart of the Florida Panthers.
I know he's a nobody but a free card is a free card and i only sent in 3 envelopes. I never hear of anyone getting anthing from upper deck so i feel kind of lucky

I've been doing this since January, and I just got my first one - a Fleer Ultra Super Six Joe Thorton swatch card. It sounds like UD recently sent out their Fleer Ultra hockey NPNs this week, as we both got one in the past couple of days. And yes, I've heard UD is tough to get NPNs from, but when you get one, it's pretty good. Good luck (to both of us!).
CmC918
Nice!! free is free. Can't really complain that much.
Pastretta
Congrats....Hopefully there will be alot more in your future!
northicehero99
Nice pickup. That is cool.
flyers4lif
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Apr 22 2006, 06:33 PM)
Nice pickup.  That is cool.

i think the way this npn thing works is they pull your name and open a pack of cards if there is a insert in it they send it to you. that's what it says in the letter they sent with the card.
northicehero99
QUOTE(flyers4lif @ Apr 22 2006, 05:46 PM)
i think the way this npn thing works is they pull your name and open a pack of cards if there is a insert in it they send it to you. that's what it says in the letter they sent with the card.

It is strange though, most of the times I just get the insert, on one occassion I did get all the "cards from the pack", so I am pretty sure they are not opening packs otherwise we should be getting some base cards with the goodies.
sahetu
There was a letter? huh.gif
flyers4lif
QUOTE(sahetu @ Apr 22 2006, 07:30 PM)
There was a letter?  huh.gif

Yeah it said they opened a pack of cards for me and the enclosed card(s)
was found inside that pack
northicehero99
UD has a form letter that they send with their NPN winner prizes.
forznoles
QUOTE(flyers4lif @ Apr 23 2006, 01:45 PM)
Yeah it said they opened a pack of cards for me and the enclosed card(s)
was found inside that pack

I received the same letter. Nice of them to do that - Topps just sends you stuff (but hey, free stuff is free stuff, letter or no!). It says they have opened a pack on my behalf, and they sent me the Thorton patch card I received. They probably just toss or keep any commons. Or the letter says what it says, and they really just send out randomly. Who knows?

Has anyone ever actually spoken with an NPN manager? I'm sure that would make a good interview for a Beckett magazine...
bufbillsstlcards
Yeah, like theyd ever give us any real info in an interview! It would be interesting if they did though. But then as people find out how stuff is done, they find ways to manipulate it and turn it in thier favor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.