Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My first NPN!
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
forznoles
I received my first NPN today, an '05/06 Fleer Ultra Hockey Super Six Joe Throton card. The swatch has just enough white on the top right I'd say it's two-color. Yay me!

user posted image
mike_putti
Now I know this is gonna sound stupid but what is a NPN??
forznoles
QUOTE(mike_putti @ Apr 21 2006, 09:45 PM)
Now I know this is gonna sound stupid but what is a NPN??

No Purchase Necessary. Did I post this in the right area?
mike_putti
O thanks...how do you do one??
bufbillsstlcards
A NPN is a raffle, you send your Name Adress Etc to the company, they enter all the cards into a drawing and draw for winners of cards. I think they do it for legal reasons, other wise Cards would officialy be gambling.
forznoles
QUOTE(mike_putti @ Apr 21 2006, 09:49 PM)
O thanks...how do you do one??

Go to npnsportscards.com - it will explain everything. It's like being able to participate in a giveaway without actually buying the product. The odds of getting a card when you enter are supposed to be the same as getting a "special" card when you open a pack, so you don't get something with every entry you make. But it does make going to the mailbox more interesting when you've been sending entries out for awhile!
sahetu
Wow! UD NPN received! I've NEVER had one of those! Good job! Nice card!
kc_royals_fan_5
Nice card! Congrats! smile.gif
forznoles
QUOTE(sahetu @ Apr 21 2006, 10:03 PM)
Wow! UD NPN received! I've NEVER had one of those! Good job! Nice card!

Thanks - you're definitely not the first person to indicate that UD is tough to get NPNs from. It's ironic I get my first one from them. Anyway, I'm pleased. And in a nice little case as well - much better than the penny sleeve and toploader Topps uses...
sahetu
QUOTE(forznoles @ Apr 21 2006, 11:24 PM)
Thanks - you're definitely not the first person to indicate that UD is tough to get NPNs from.  It's ironic I get my first one from them.  Anyway, I'm pleased.  And in a nice little case as well - much better than the penny sleeve and toploader Topps uses...

Actually, Donruss does penny sleeves and toploader in a manilla envelope, hehe...

The only things I've gotten from UD were the Hockey Rookie Showcase cards they gave out free - they were penny sleeve and a toploader too - in a white envelope.

Topps... Topps uses a small manilla envelope, MAYBE with cardboard. My auto was the envelope and cardboard in a bubble mailer. My Pristine GU was just the manilla and bubble mailer.
snkpoct137
pretty sweet... congrats... i still have yet to get one and i have sent about 12-14 sad.gif
northicehero99
That is cool. Glad someone is getting them from UD. I sent in on all the hockey and the only one I got something on was Powerplay Hockey. Even the football has been dead for a while. UD is tough, Topps is better on getting something, but UD usually sends nice stuff.

That is a cool looking card as well.
aceecards
wow very nice sir!!
forznoles
QUOTE(sahetu @ Apr 21 2006, 11:31 PM)
Actually, Donruss does penny sleeves and toploader in a manilla envelope, hehe...

The only things I've gotten from UD were the Hockey Rookie Showcase cards they gave out free - they were penny sleeve and a toploader too - in a white envelope.

Topps... Topps uses a small manilla envelope, MAYBE with cardboard. My auto was the envelope and cardboard in a bubble mailer. My Pristine GU was just the manilla and bubble mailer.

This was in a little case, and a bubble mailer. I just got a redemption auto from Topps on '06 Topps Heritage - it was in a penny-sleeve and toploader, in a bubble mailer as well.

Well, given my experience here with UD, I'll definitely start trying them more. Of course, it was probably just beginner's luck with them, and I'll just start wasting postage, but we'll see...
gopackgo
My first NPN also came from UD, it was a NBA black Diamond Elton Brand jersey card, very nice! The rest I have gotten have all been from Topps, so Topps is probably the way to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.