Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Roy 1/1 Game Jersey Patch
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
northicehero99
[attachmentid=96]Alright, here is the story, after a rough day at work, I decided to stop at my local card shop (Greentree Trading). It was one of those days so I decided to get a few packs of Upper Deck hockey, to see if I could make it any better. I opened a few packs and did not get anything. Then I opened the pack and looked inside and I was very confused as it looked like the cards in the middle of the pack were not right. After I pulled the cards out of the pack I realized that I had pulled a patch card of Patrick Roy. I then handed it off to RJ, the store owner, to look at it. He then said jokingly to me too bad it is not a one of one and handed me the card back. That is when I looked at the front of the card closer and I nearly lost it. I started yelling at him it is a one of one card. He said your kidding right, then I showed him the card and the 1/1 stamp. Needless to say, I was smiling like a dog in the butchers shop for the next month. I will never forget that day as that was the first time I ever really hit it big and I have yet to pull another 1/1.
northicehero99
OK, finally was able to get the photo to work. Here is my favorite card of my collection.
bob_TCC
Nice card and very cool story! wink.gif

You're going to have to tell me where that store is located. It sounds like I probably drive past there every day on my way to and from work.

-Bob
northicehero99
It is right off the Greentree exit located on 279 as you head into Pittsburgh from the Airport. Turn (right at light on exit ramp if coming in from Airport) onto Greentree Road and go past the Olive Garden and it is only about 2 blocks up the road. Its a white storefront and it is right before the Greentree Inn Restaurant. You will see a BP gas station slightly in front of you on your left. RJ is a real cool guy and he always seems to have good prices.

PS Saturdays are crazy at his shop due to Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments.

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jul 1 2005, 01:28 PM)
Nice card and very cool story!   wink.gif

You're going to have to tell me where that store is located.  It sounds like I probably drive past there every day on my way to and from work.

-Bob

bob_TCC
Thanks. I know where that is. My wife and I ate at the Olive Garden this past New Year's Eve. wink.gif

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.