Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: The last time Phil Mickelson won the masters..
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Golf
aceecards
he finished in the top five at all four majors and was in contention to final 3 holes at every event..

With the way he has been playing could this be the year we have a grand slam winner?

Tiger had his version over two seasons , but to put it all together in one 6 month span has never been accomplished..

I like Phils chances!! How about you?
Hallsgator
I hope so. He is my favorite player!
KHarmon
Unfortunately, there is a lot of players playing quality golf right now....this will more than likely be Phils only major this year. I like Lefty as well....and even though he has learned how to play in high pressure situations, I don't see the slam happening this year or any other year for that matter.
aceecards
I have to concur....since it has never been done...

but it sure would be nice to see him grab the seond one!!
KHarmon
QUOTE(aceecards @ Apr 11 2006, 03:33 PM)
I have to concur....since it has never been done...

but it sure would be nice to see him grab the seond one!!

My predictions for this year.....US Open....a no-name will win....the British....Tiger will win...and the PGA will either be Veejay or Sergio Garcia (as much as I hate Sergio).
gopackgo
Yeah, there is always that no name winner every year, other than that the guys with the best chances other than Mickelson are obviously Woods and Singh. Retief Goosen generally does good in big tournaments also, so watch out for him to come close or even take one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.