Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Please... Enough spamming via PMs
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
aceecards
discuss it amonst yourselves!

Stop PM ing people asking them to join..

Stop posting "seal of approval" threads about it!

Seriously.. enough is enough

All,

Lately a number of members have been using TCC's PM service to send unsolicited messages to other TCC members. The messages include links to a website that "promises" PayPal. The sender of the messages gets a kickback with every referral, and such a use of the PM service is against TCC's rules.

If anyone sees anything like this at all, please contact a Team Member, including myself. Forward the messages, as well. Names will be kept private.

Much appreciated,
Richard
aka skatalite
STLcardinals888
Someone pm'd me about it and i didnt click because i thought it was a virus or something. That's how i got a virus on AIM. What is it?
skatalite
The member who has been spamming via PMs has been dealt with. If anyone receives any unsolicited PMs from members, please forward them to me or anyone else on the TCC Team. Thanks!
STLcardinals888
is it a virus?
2000 rushing yards
what are we talking about confused.gif
BoxBreaker44
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Jan 3 2008, 05:00 PM)

skatalite
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Jan 3 2008, 07:00 PM)

QUOTE(BoxBreaker44 @ Jan 3 2008, 07:01 PM)

All,

Lately a number of members have been using TCC's PM service to send unsolicited messages to other TCC members. The messages include links to a website that "promises" PayPal. The sender of the messages gets a kickback with every referral, and such a use of the PM service is against TCC's rules.

If anyone sees anything like this at all, please contact a Team Member, including myself. Forward the messages, as well. Names will be kept private.

Much appreciated,
Richard
aka skatalite
wildboyz_211
I got one about that bux site, i deleted it though...
19th Century Indiana Jones
QUOTE(STLcardinals888 @ Jan 3 2008, 07:59 PM)
is it a virus?

It would be advisable to treat it as such.
jaderock
Whew...glad I didn't get any!!
broscards
I got a couple, but they were people asking for replies to suggestion threads, are those ok, or should we report them as well?
skatalite
QUOTE(broscards @ Jan 4 2008, 02:22 PM)
I got a couple, but they were people asking for replies to suggestion threads, are those ok, or should we report them as well?

Those report at your own discretion.
xebulba
what about people who post the link in their sig?
jaderock
QUOTE(xebulba @ Jan 5 2008, 04:47 PM)
what about people who post the link in their sig?

PM a team member and we will remove it...thanks
boxbreaker
QUOTE(aceecards @ Jan 3 2008, 06:34 PM)
discuss it amonst yourselves!

Stop PM ing people asking them to join..

Stop posting "seal of approval" threads about it!

Seriously.. enough is enough

All,

Much appreciated,
Richard
aka skatalite

Will do.

And I'm sure you'd be glad to know that I don't know what you're talking about. They haven't gotten to me yet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.