Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Need Info on These Early 1900s Soccer Cards
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Soccer > Soccer Marketplace
dodgerblue38501
I just purchased a large collection and in it were some tobacco style cards of soccer players. They appear to be from the early 1900s era. They are caricatures featuring cartoon like drawings with big heads. The backs say "Issued by John Player & Sons" "Branch of the Imperial Tobacco Co. of Great Britain & Ireland". Does anyone have any info on these? I have 7 different ones all of which are EX-Mt or better. Thanks.
dodgerblue38501
Anyone have any ideas? John Player and Sons has several listsing on eBay for various tobacco cards but none like these. I just want to know the year they were produced so I can list them on eBay as well. All my research is not turning up anything.
aceecards
I think from an old deal I made that most are from the 20's and 30's and in mint condition carry an average book of a little over $10 each!

I have about 40 of them!
19th Century Indiana Jones
Do you have a scan of one card?
19th Century Indiana Jones
You might want to try this SITE.
finestkind
About a year or so ago I won an Ebay auction for a 40 card set of Racing Caricatures issued by John Players & Sons. I paid $28 US for it if that gives you any idea of the value. Here's a site that might help you too. Cigarette cards
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 31 2007, 05:34 PM)
You might want to try this SITE.

You are the man! That is exactly what I needed. Thanks everyone for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.