Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 60's-70's Football Scans
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Vintage
1968 A's
How many people would be interested if I scanned my best NFL cards of mine from 1966-1975? I have a very hard to take apart wall display in my tool van that has not been apart in.................. ohmy.gif .well I guess about 5 years???
Wow how time flies! Anyway if there is a bunch of you interested I'll do it, otherwise It is a pain to take apart. But I am taking some time off work after Christmas and might finally have some free time.. So let me know by posting here or PM'ng me.
finestkind
Hi Willy ! I like seeing any vintage. But I wouldn't want to see you go and get hurt taking the display apart. laugh.gif
1968 A's
Looks like just me and you are interested in the better stuff there Dave! Too bad you don't live closer, I'd take you on my route and show you quite a few mechanics out here that have a real interest in older football cards. wink.gif Oh well, I will do some scans of some of these doubles I have in boxes.
1968 A's
What team would you like first? I have a bunch of goodies here.
finestkind
Patriots of course ! laugh.gif
1968 A's
These are not from my display (did not take it down) but many of these are doubles of some very good ones. I know I do have some full or near full sets of the late 60's. The Namath's,Brodie's, Blanda's, Unitas's will probably be only in my display though. But I will see what I can find.

Here's a start Dave. Here's some Patriots who never won an AFL title like these glory teams of present.
user posted image

ALSO CHECK ON THE INDENTIFY THE CARD LINK FOR ANOTHER FAMOUS PATRIOT
1968 A's
user posted image
finestkind
A bunch of small guys compared to players these days Willy. laugh.gif
Cool vintage. Thanks for sharing.
1968 A's
QUOTE(finestkind @ Jan 2 2008, 11:19 PM)
A bunch of small guys compared to players these days Willy.  laugh.gif
Cool vintage. Thanks for sharing.

You betcha, I'll try and scan some more. Too bad we have to go through Photobucket to do all these. I know the technology is out there to add em in to the post from your PC like you do the Avatars here.
1968 A's
Here's a Lenny Dawson 1970 topps. I have an extra one of these in NR Mint if anyone wants to trade anything.

user posted image
1968 A's
HERE'S SOME JETS!

user posted image
1968 A's
1967 Philadelphia Gum

user posted image

Card Back (has coin rub off)

user posted image

1968 A's
Some Raiders!

user posted image
Eliptic
Got any Browns? Id love to see those smile.gif
1968 A's
QUOTE(Eliptic @ Apr 21 2008, 10:00 PM)
Got any Browns? Id love to see those smile.gif

SURE, I'll scan a few for you. Gotta get some out of storage anyway.
1968 A's
user posted image
Adamsharpe
I like how Frank Ryan looks like he's in the parking lot in that picture. ; P
If you have any Redskins I'd love to see them.

Adam
beanschat
Cowboys would be cool! They look to be in very nice condition!
finestkind
Umm guys, 1968 A's last post in this topic is from Sept. 2009. wink.gif
crpalmi
QUOTE(1968 A's @ Sep 25 2008, 11:54 PM)
user posted image

I know it's an old post but I can't pass up the chance for some trivia. With regards to the Frank Ryan card, all the Browns had their picture taken in front of the parking lot that year... specifically in front of Jim Browns brand new caddy!
dielonthug
wow that is interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.