Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for writers
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bob_TCC
Have you ever wanted to share your thoughts on a hobby topic with a large number of collectors? Maybe you've read an article in one of the hobby magazines and thought that it would be cool to write your own article?

Well, here's your chance!

We're looking for collectors to write articles for publishing on TradingCardCentral.com. If you take a look at our Hobby Articles section by clicking here, you can get an idea of some of the past topics that have been covered. You'll also find a number of articles written by collectors just like you!

Not sure whether you have what it takes? Don't worry. Every article goes through a review process where feedback is provided. When the editing process is complete, I'm certain that you'll be very happy with the final published article. By the way, the "About the author" section at the end of each article is also a great way to publicize your web site.

If this sounds interesting to you, just let me know what you'd like to write about.

-Bob
19th Century Indiana Jones
I'd like a shot at it. When's the deadline?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Jun 21 2005, 01:15 PM)
I'd like a shot at it. When's the deadline?

No set deadline. We're always uploading new articles to the site (4 per week right now) and will simply mix in these articles as they are completed.

By the way, new articles are often featured in other sections of the site including the home page and our newsletter.

-Bob
proGr@m217
a reward system for this kind of thing would be good, bob...
bob_TCC
QUOTE(proGr@m217 @ Jun 21 2005, 04:26 PM)
a reward system for this kind of thing would be good, bob...

"Compensation" is a possibility if 1) someone proves to be a strong writer and 2) begins to write multiple articles.

The first article for anyone is a chance to try it out and see how well it goes - for both sides. wink.gif

-Bob
proGr@m217
ok then. let me think up a few ideas to write about...

smile.gif
Would it be okay to write about personal experiences in the hobby instead of "my best finds" and stuff like that? Mines might be a bit boring but I hope to get a point across.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Jun 22 2005, 03:04 PM)
Would it be okay to write about personal experiences in the hobby instead of "my best finds" and stuff like that?

Yes, any hobby-related content/topic would be appropriate. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
Anyone else interested in trying out writing?

-Bob
bob_TCC
If anyone has started an article, please send me a PM with the topic and when you think you might have a draft for review. I'm trying to plan out the next newsletter. wink.gif

-Bob
Charlie
are you still looking for writers? I write a hobby review article for my local paper. It is a weekly paper but I enjoy spreading the knowledge of the hobby.
ffman
QUOTE(Charlie @ May 25 2006, 05:20 AM)
are you still looking for writers? I write a hobby review article for my local paper. It is a weekly paper but I enjoy spreading the knowledge of the hobby.

I'd like to attempt an article, too....I just don't know on what area.
KHarmon
I'll give it a shot....don't know what I'll write about...but I'll come up with something.
RGBII
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jun 21 2005, 01:02 PM)
Have you ever wanted to share your thoughts on a hobby topic with a large number of collectors?  Maybe you've read an article in one of the hobby magazines and thought that it would be cool to write your own article?

Well, here's your chance!

We're looking for collectors to write articles for publishing on TradingCardCentral.com.  If you take a look at our Hobby Articles section by clicking here, you can get an idea of some of the past topics that have been covered.  You'll also find a number of articles written by collectors just like you!

Not sure whether you have what it takes?  Don't worry.  Every article goes through a review process where feedback is provided.  When the editing process is complete, I'm certain that you'll be very happy with the final published article.  By the way, the "About the author" section at the end of each article is also a great way to publicize your web site.

If this sounds interesting to you, just let me know what you'd like to write about.

-Bob

Realize this is a very old post, but do you still need writers?
Collect Hard!
RGBII
hernant15
Maybe I can do one also... before I start university, which would be before this Monday! biggrin.gif
tex333
If you do, I am game!
baseballguy601
I'd be interested bob

I wrote for the local paper for 2 years so I'm good ( so I've been told)

lmk
crazygood
I recommend skatalite. Dat boy can RIGHT!!!!!
baseballguy601
can he right or write?
QUOTE(crazygood @ Mar 9 2007, 10:51 AM)
I recommend skatalite. Dat boy can RIGHT!!!!!

crazygood
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 9 2007, 09:52 AM)
can he right or write?

he can Right!
baseballguy601
blink.gif
QUOTE(crazygood @ Mar 9 2007, 10:53 AM)
he can Right!

hernant15
So what are the topics that people write about?
tex333
ttt for bob
proGr@m217
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Mar 10 2007, 12:06 AM)
So what are the topics that people write about?

i betcha its all about cards.
chopinalex
I pm'd Bob a few months ago about writing and he responded by not responding..hurt my feelings..im still hurt

biggrin.gif
proGr@m217
riiight. guess he's too busy. lol.
dviv17
I'd be interested as well.
kooljazz1966
Anyone who desires can send your submissions to me for screening and forwarding to Bob_TCC. BTW, Bob has not forgot about this thread. He does have many things on his plate that are getting delegated out to other team members I believe.

-Ken
CZT member
Richard's post on card protection should be the first thing to be placed on the front page under Hobby Articles. It's a well-written article written by "one of us" and not by a paid professional.
tex333
QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Mar 15 2007, 09:33 AM)
Anyone who desires can send your submissions to me for screening and forwarding to Bob_TCC.  BTW, Bob has not forgot about this thread. He does have many things on his plate that are getting delegated out to other team members I believe.
-Ken
CZT member

pm sent! Hope you like my article! smile.gif
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(tex333 @ Mar 16 2007, 02:03 AM)
pm sent! Hope you like my article! smile.gif

Got it. Nice write up from your point of view! I have passed it on to the "chief".

-Ken

CanoCollector
QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Mar 16 2007, 11:42 AM)
Got it. Nice write up from your point of view! I have passed it on to the "chief".

-Ken

Hey did you get my PM?
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(CanoCollector @ Mar 16 2007, 11:04 AM)
Hey did you get my PM?

Yes...I will check your bucket when I get home wink.gif
baseballguy601
can I write?
ffman
John:

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Mar 15 2007, 08:33 AM)
Anyone who desires can send your submissions to me for screening and forwarding to Bob_TCC.  BTW, Bob has not forgot about this thread. He does have many things on his plate that are getting delegated out to other team members I believe.
-Ken
CZT member

baseballguy601
o sorry thanks

do i just write about anything i want?
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 16 2007, 05:16 PM)
o sorry thanks

Yes, I personally request you consider the intended audience and the purpose of this site. wink.gif

-Ken

baseballguy601
could i write about a set I like or how to best protect cards or something like that?
hernant15
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 16 2007, 07:23 PM)
could i write about a set I like or how to best protect cards or something like that?

I think Richard talked already about card protection
ffman
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Mar 16 2007, 04:25 PM)
I think Richard talked already about card protection

Yep...a comprehensive article that showed lots of effort.
baseballguy601
ok.....someone needs to give me something to write about cuz i can't think of anything unsure.gif`
tex333
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 16 2007, 05:30 PM)
ok.....someone needs to give me something to write about cuz i can't think of anything unsure.gif`

Ettique on TCC?
hernant15
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 16 2007, 07:30 PM)

What's the exact relationship between the quality of contest's prizes and the number of posts in those topics? laugh.gif
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(tex333 @ Mar 16 2007, 08:24 PM)
Ettique on TCC?

ooo pinch.gif that was cold and mean
tex333
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Mar 16 2007, 07:52 PM)
ooo  pinch.gif that was cold and mean

Well I thought it was something he should write about
tex333
Bob what do you think of my article?
chopinalex
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 16 2007, 04:16 PM)
o sorry thanks

Write about the russian economy and society after the post cold war era!

Also write about the current relationship between Russia and Chechnya
ffman
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 16 2007, 08:15 PM)

Ok - I officially vote AGAINST adding history to the TCC curriculum. laugh.gif
hernant15
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 16 2007, 11:15 PM)

Wow, I would definitely write on that! But from Argentina obviously
baseballguy601
um.......i should
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 16 2007, 10:15 PM)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.