Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Panini Prime Hockey, wowzer

aceecards
post Apr 17 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012/04...-prime-hockey/#

Have no idea what price point will be but a delicious looking gallery for sure.

Hopefully below $200.00 per pack.

Those ties cards are neat looking

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Apr 17 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

My guess is this will be a $200-300 pack product like Dominion based on the swatches. Who knows though, but even their mid range products are starting higher this year, then dropping off.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Apr 18 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #3

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Love the Lace Jersey cards, nice looking product, for the price ,looks like I will buying Singles again!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
ty4orce
post Sep 2 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #4

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

It is just under 2 bills a pack but I can tell you this product is a rockin seen some real fantastic low numbered pulls ...check out this break wowza!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfGb6-QdJ0&feature=youtu.be

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
road_runner_1964
post Sep 2 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #5

Seeking Seq #0264
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 563

eBay: road_runner_1964

SportsBuy: 94849

Awards:
2010 Final Final Four Way Champion 2009 and 2010 Most Generous Person 2008 Most Valuable Member (MVP) Member of the Month August 2008

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Not a hockey guy, but that stuff is nasty.

Collector Zone Team Manager
user posted image....................................

Mr 264's Bucket 09-04-12 | My Website Needs and Haves

Currently 464 in the 264 SPx PC | and 3240 in the 264 "variant" PC

WHY 264? | 264 Stories | SPx Football Needs List | Dane Sanzenbacher Needs List

User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 2 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #6

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

It's an awesome looking product, way out of my league laugh.gif . Been watching a bunch of it busted over at CnC on their Blog, guy in the video linked above is a Mod over there.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 3 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #7

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

im afraid i have not been impressed

Product is loaded with rookie whozits autos just like last years dominion

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Sep 3 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #8

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 3 2012, 07:33 AM)
im afraid i have not been impressed

Product is loaded with rookie whozits autos just like last years dominion

As Dwight said watched some breaks on CNC.

It has had some nice stuff, but the majority of hits in my opinion have been rookie related and mid-range rookies. Saw about 2-3 hits for the bigger names rookies per case like Henrique, Hodgson, or RNH, but the majority were Courtiers and others. I think there are maybe 15-20% star hits in a case of this, in my opininion. So for someone collecting a team, you are really better off buying on the secondary market. If you are a flipper or a rookie chaser, then it is a risky product, but something you would like.

Were some nice hits like the shadowbox things, someone got an Yzerman and the card alone was pretty sweet looking. Someone got 1/2 of the "C" for Brett Hull, some real nice jumbo patch swatches but mostly of mid-range players like Chara, all very limited under 20. Saw some nice nameplate swatches as well, but very limited at under 20, as well. Those were mostly star cards. Beyond those those the majority was rookies imo.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 3 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #9

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Nice looking cards though. But a real player collectors nightmare as there were at least 3 Modano numbered less than /5. Liked those Shadowbox looking cards myself, may have to watch those on Ebay and see. I don't open the real high end product like that, but think it will challenge The Cup as so far I have been more impressed with this than some of that that I seen opened from previous years, so will be interesting to see when that comes out. But I seem to be making a transition to ITG products with the older players even though they don't have a NHL license. But feel that Panini making an effort to dethrone UD in the NHL market, and I feel that competition is good for the Hobby and collectors instead of the monopoly UD had for many years.

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Sep 3 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #10

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Sep 3 2012, 09:16 AM)
But I seem to be making a transition to ITG products with the older players even though they don't have a NHL license.  But feel that Panini making an effort to dethrone UD in the NHL market, and I feel that competition is good for the Hobby and collectors instead of the monopoly UD had for many years.

Well for me ITG has gone the wrong way with their packaging, they have completely abandoned set builders imo. Used to love the full set stuff they do, kind of hate this one pack and done stuff. Overall, they do a good job selecting players and swatches, etc, just as I have said before would like Decades 80, Forever Rivals, History of Hockey to be full boxes, it makes it more exciting and last longer than a minute not knowing what you are pulling and that excitement that it could be in this pack or that one. Beyond that those full sets were fun to put together and included players who never made cardboard base sets. Sorry this is the set builder in me wishing ITG would do that again, rather than this 1 pack and done. History of hockey would be great to have a whole base set themed like that, rather than a 4 hit box imo.

As for Panini, Prime is the nicest thing they have put out, but overall this was just another mainly rookie product, like everything else anymore the complete focus is on the rookies. There was nice stuff, but the rarity of stars in this disappointed me. Based on the money being thrown around on cases it looks like that is the way this hobby is going. I don't really care for UD or Panini, both are about equal in my eyes right now. This was one of Panini's best products with nice hits, if you hit them. Overall, this will be one of the few Panini products that probably will not drop in value after the MAPP ends. All of the others have though, so either they failed to hold interest or were overpriced to begin with. I think it was probably a combination of both on their other products. As for UD's products haven't seen them climbing in price either so also could be a factor of the economy. ITG seems to be the only boxes holding value or increasing, maybe that says something even though I miss their full set products. laugh.gif

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 3 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #11

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Yeah the hobby is in a constant state of flux. But the RCs have always been a focus of many in all sports, but at least with Hockey they have actually played a game in the league. And you will always see a bunch of "who is that" ones when you open older product, but you can get those in FB or Baseball with current products of people that likely will never play in the league at all. Too many folks want "hits" and have no use for the base (many throw it away), so I think it is a give the people what they want kind of thing as setbuilders a dying breed I think. But it has become more like playing the lottery for quite a few years now, hence the increase of higher end products as that is what is selling, and the companies are making less of the lower end stuff (but at least they still making those products for the time being anyway) as less demand for it. Everyone looking for that "Giant Hit", when in reality that is about the only way to break even if a case buster or make money if you bought a box, the rest of the time you probably better off buying what you want on secondary market and getting more bang for you buck. But then if everyone did that there wouldn't be anything out on the secondary market, so need the folks busting products like mad men.

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Sep 3 2012, 10:51 AM
Post #12

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Wow, did you see that Brandon Smith the first box, might be something we could break once in the Box break this month, now that I seen it! Thanks for sharing!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
ty4orce
post Sep 3 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #13

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Guys if you think about it that is all product...you get a few Star Hits that are rare then you get the Rookies and the better Rookies like in most product are short printed..This product has some chances at some new looking cards the Seams incredible ,the big windowed shadowbox like cards with a complete gamer swatch in the background, huge massive complete player gamer patches that cover most of the card ,laces etc.etc......it is a fantastic product with chances of pulling something real sweet all around the board ....as for rookie whozits well guys it is just like other seasons you get your key top rookies who are obvious to make an impact then you get your whozits who you have to do your homework on the ones that make this hobby fun at least for me the ones that surprise everyone ex.Adam Henrique 3rd round 82nd overall,Matt read undrafted it is all a part of the game again at least for me...this season like all others there will be sleepers that decide to wake up just have to figure out who wants to stay awake.............
Another thing this hobby is not like it used to be when we were kids at a couple of cents a pack...it could become frustrating when you drop a load and get meh in return.....I understand that but them's the breaks.....
In my opinion overall I like what I have seen of this product and it's overall innovation and effort to make hobbyists happy....

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 3 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #14

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Some of these are just nasty (along with some of the crazy prices folks asking wink.gif ):

ebay linky

ebay linky

ebay linky

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 3 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #15

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

maybe ive just grown to cynical to like anything anymore..!

huh.gif

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
ty4orce
post Sep 3 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #16

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Exactly what I am talking about with the innovation of some of these cards not only are the full patches nasty there are just so many designs in this set that are catching collectors attention and the pulls are more frequent than you would expect in the overall breakage ...I feel Panini America had done a great job with this they tested the waters with Dominion listened to collectors feedback and then they dazzled with Prime Hockey!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 3 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #17

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 3 2012, 10:45 AM)
maybe ive just grown to cynical to like anything anymore..!

huh.gif

Thought that Hull from the Blues might sway you a tad wink.gif. But yeah it happens to everyone at some point, that and I'm starting to think the fools going to shoot themselves in the foot with the CBA, and interest in Hockey going to drop significantly as they were just building up fan base again after the last strike/lockout. To me Baseball still nowhere near the days of past far as how many folks in the stadiums, as I never recall that many empty seats when watching on TV in my youth, and I feel all the strikes caused that downfall IMHO.

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
ty4orce
post Sep 3 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #18

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Although I really dislike saying it times have been changing ....when I was young you could not find an empty playing field all sports the rinks were full the baseball/football/basketball fields/courts full etc.etc.......today they are like ghost towns except for the odd ones that I am on...lol...forcing my nephews and nieces etc. to come and try to beat me on...in my opinion it is a real shame that it has come this far where the youth of today would rather stay home and play video games or be on their computers......

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
ty4orce
post Sep 3 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #19

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Canadian arenas rarely ever have that problem Dwight we really enjoy our hockey especially here in Montreal it is a religion...

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Sep 3 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #20

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

While I agree this was an innovative product, I still think it is overloaded with mid-range rookies and agree most stuff is anymore, except those rare sets like ITG Decade 80s or Captain C. I liked the innovative ideas, it is refreshing to see, but it would be nicer if there was more of them. They didn't have to make the shadowboxes out of 25, could have done 50 of each or 45 silver and 5 gold versions (though I hate the overabundance of parallels in most products). I think the most I saw was 2 per case so 1 in 4 boxes, and another case I think there was only 1. As for the nameplate pieces, the tie-ups, captain-C, I get why there are not many of them, just not many of those pieces of the jersey, still just underwhelmed by the lack of stars, other than base cards in this product.

As for outdoor activities, I am seeing it here, moreso than when I was a kid. We had baseball and football back then, now there is street hockey, ice hockey, soccer, baseball, football leagues, not to mention school activities of lacrosse, volleyball, swimming, and more of those listed above. By our pool, there are three baseball diamond and each one had games going on so no lack of activity around here.

As for MLB baseball or any sport the cost to buy tickets or go is just getting too expensive in my opinion. Even at $10 a ticket for a family of 4 you start off at $40 for tickets, another $10 for parking, then add in refreshments and you could be well over $100 just for a day at the ballpark. And that is just for a cheap baseball game, try football at $50ish a ticket, or hockey at around $50 a ticket for nosebleed seats here. Just getting too expensive, but like boxes of Prime there are people who can afford to spend that kind of money.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th March 2024 - 03:54 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us