The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.
With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?
If you're not a member, click here: Register
If you're already a member, login here:
[ Outline ] ·
The Chain, Members reached:15 Cross country trips:3
Feb 1 2011, 06:26 PM
For Love Of The Game
Joined: 13-January 07
First Name: Marc
(View: Pending | Failed)
View Trading and Marketplace Topics
|For added enjoyment, listen to this while browsing the thread !
- link provided by RGBII
I am starting a collector's chain of brotherly love. By doing so, I am creating a package that contains 1 Vintage Card, 1 RC, 1 GU, 1 AU, and 1 Insert card. I will send this package to the 1st person who requests to be on the list. When that person receives, they may, then, take one card and replace it with another one. Then they send it to the next person on the list, and so on and so forth. Rules1. Request to be added to the list. By doing so, you agree to add a card from the same category from which you took a card. i.e. GU for GU, AU for AU, etc.
2. You must add at least one card to the package but may add more.
3. You must post in this thread when you receive and let everyone know what you are taking and what you are adding.
4. You must agree to send with DC. This way we can keep track of the package.
5. You must have at least 10 completed transactions to join the chain.
6. You may not join the chain if your user id is red. If you join in good standing and at a later date your user id is set to red, you will be removed from the chain. Depending on the violation, you may be banned from the chain permanently.
7. Once you receive the package, you have 7 days to ship the package to the next person on the list.
8. I know we won't have a problem with this but by joining you agree to let me and anyone else in the chain publicly humiliate you if you break this chain. In other words, if you make off with the stuff, you will be outed on this site and every other site.
9. When the package makes it back to me, I will take 2 cards, replace them and add another card from each category. At this time, the second round will begin and each person will take 2 cards and add 2 cards, and so on and so forth for each subsequent round.
The Chain- Round 1
1. msw_sportscards- Receives nothing this round2. Johnny Number 5
- 83 Topps Tony Gwynn RC3. SinatraKing
-1952 Topps Howie Fox4. WestCoastSkinsFan
- Theisman/Pearce Dual AU(donated by SinatraKing)5. Icrackwax
- received Ernie Johnson/ Baby Bell Dual AU Ball (Donated by WestCoastSkinsFan)6. jwman92
-Kelly Johnson SPA BTL Auto and Jose Reyes RC(donated by Icrackwax)7. captkirk42
- Jason Campbell/ Carlos Rogers Dual AU and E-X Kurt Warner (donated by jwman92)8. gpalm11
- Colby Rasmus AU ball9. wvball
- 05 Finest Roddy White RC AU10. DawgPounder
- 09 Score Impressions #383 Percey Harvin RC/ AU 25/9911. bajmurray
- Topps Platinum Aaron Hernandez auto 12. NYStateOfMind1976
- Steve Smith Auto 13. Soxarethechamps05
-Dwayne Wade Jsy card 14. pspstatus
- 2010 Contenders William "The Fridge" Perry AU15. SFGiants
- Ben Sheets/ Mark Prior Dual Patch16. rtsjr
- 2010 SPX Rolando McClain GU AU17. cbware88
- AJ Burnett Game Patch18. RGBII
- chose nothing- added 2003 Flair Greats set and 2005 DK Series 119. NYMETSJETS
- Dwight Gooden Bat Auto Card20. booth9919
- 2003 Flair Greats21. Gforce083
- B-Easy Patch Auto 22. crpalmi
- Andre Caldwell #ed Patch AU23. jam92102
- GI Jane Memorabilia cardBold denotes received.
The circulating package currently contains:Vintage
- 1962 Lou Groza, 1953 Jim Hegan, 1946 Mich/MSU Ticket Stub, 1970 Bubba Smith BCCG8GU
- 08/09 Bowman Deron Williams, 08 Masterpieces Roy Williams, 07/08 UD Rookie Materials Erik Johnson, 2010 Epix Donald Driver 119/299 AU
- 2005 UD Debut Ink James Butler, 08/09 Topps Signature Thaddeus Young, 2010 Prestige Freddie BarnesDual AU
- 06/07 Be A Player Bergeron/ Kessel RC
-81/82 Topps Bill Laimbeer, 91 UD Chipper Jones, 09/10 Kurtis McLean, 09/10 Victory Mike McKenna, 89 Topps Randy Johnson, 09 Score Josh Freeman, 10 Topps Chrome Mike Stanton Insert
- 2008 Threads Will Clark /50, 2008 UD Presidential Victor Barack Obama, 08 TSC Photographer's Proof Roddy White 1/1, 2010 Topps Chrome Gridiron Lineage Tony Dorsett/ LeSean McCoy Patch
- 2009 SPA BTL Shairon Martis Patch/AU 54/65Dual Patch
- 2008 SP Rookie Threads Kevin O'ConnellNon-Sports Base
- Garbage Pail Kids 4th ed#125b Woody AlanEntertainment Memorabilia
- 2008 Threads Baseball Americana Lori Petty 50/100, 2010 UD Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle as Jim "Rhodey" RhodesEntertainment AU
- 2008 TriStar TNAutographs Robert Roode, 2008 TriStar TNAutographs Tomko, 2008 TriStar TNA Icons Douglas WilliamsStupidest Idea Ever For A Premium Insert
- 2008 Topps Finest Felicia the Rip Girl AU
Apr 26 2012, 11:44 PM
For Love Of The Game
Joined: 13-January 07
First Name: Marc
(View: Pending | Failed)
View Trading and Marketplace Topics
OK...the much awaited and long overdue 2nd round is about to begin with some new rules and a new twist.
1. Each member who has expressed interest in being part of The Chain is now head of their own mini chain.
2. You should create your own thread and PM me with a link.
3. I will send 1 card to the head of each mini chain.
4. You will then be set upon the task of perpetuating your chain.
5. You may contact members of The Chain and send to them, other TCC members, members from other sites, or unaffiliated collectors.
5.5 You may keep the card I send you or pass it on. Keep what you want and send what you want. This eliminates the shipping worries as there will be no bulky,all-encompassing package. You only have to send what you want to give.
6. The same people may be a part of more than one chain. The same people may be multiple links in the same chain. However, there must be at least 10 links between before a link may receive twice as to avoid the same 2, 3, or 4 people just sending to each other.
7. There will be 3 prizes awarded for 3 categories:
Longest Chain- The head of the longest chain will receive a prize package.
Most Generous Link- This will be judged on a received vs. given basis. Will receive an ebay gift certificate.
Most Referrals- The member who drives the most traffic to this site will receive a free slot in an upcoming box break.
8 Each link should post in the respective thread what they received and what they are sending.
9. Be good stewards of the hobby, be generous, and, most importantly, have fun.
Posts in this topic
msw_sportscards The Chain Feb 1 2011, 06:26 PM Johnny Number 5 i like this
count te mango in
5j Feb 1 2011, 06:28 PM SinatraKing Sounds interesting, I am GAME!!!!... Feb 1 2011, 07:10 PM WestCoastSkinsFan This is highly intriguing. I'm in. Feb 1 2011, 07:17 PM msw_sportscards The initial package will contain these cards:
Vin... Feb 1 2011, 07:25 PM SinatraKing DANG, nice package! I wonder what Johnny is g... Feb 1 2011, 07:28 PM msw_sportscards Brandon,
I intend this to be self-regulati... Feb 1 2011, 08:17 PM WestCoastSkinsFan I'm calling it right now, by the way. This wil... Feb 1 2011, 08:49 PM Icrackwax I want on the list. Thanks, this sounds like a coo... Feb 1 2011, 09:19 PM msw_sportscards gotcha down.
Feb 1 2011, 10:05 PM jwman92 count me in! Feb 1 2011, 10:37 PM msw_sportscards you're in.
Feb 1 2011, 10:57 PM Johnny Number 5 pm sent
+ Feb 1 2011, 11:13 PM chopinalex sweet..hopefully someone posts scans of the circul... Feb 1 2011, 11:33 PM gpalm11 Great idea! Count me in. Feb 2 2011, 07:52 AM msw_sportscards Dontcha just hate it when you know you have someth... Feb 2 2011, 11:45 AM captkirk42 Marc,
An interesting idea Please Add me.
This re... Feb 2 2011, 12:13 PM msw_sportscards Kirk,
I had the TCC lucky nickel in mind wh... Feb 4 2011, 06:54 PM driddle4 Marc......
I would like to jump on in this if i c... Feb 17 2011, 11:59 PM msw_sportscards Gotcha! ;)
Feb 18 2011, 07:59 AM driddle4 cool....thanks Feb 19 2011, 11:27 AM wvball hey. sounds interesting. I would like to be in on... Feb 2 2011, 12:22 PM DawgPounder I would love to be part of this chain.... Feb 2 2011, 01:04 PM msw_sportscards All right. Let's get some scans of the cards i... Feb 2 2011, 07:04 PM msw_sportscards Next let's look to my alma mater:
http://i111... Feb 2 2011, 07:05 PM msw_sportscards Now, let's try a guy simply known as "The... Feb 2 2011, 07:07 PM msw_sportscards Moving on we have a nice lil AU Patch from Braves ... Feb 2 2011, 07:09 PM msw_sportscards As I mentioned, I couldn't find the Sandberg R... Feb 2 2011, 07:11 PM msw_sportscards Ok. The chain is rollin' tomorrow morning. DC ... Feb 4 2011, 06:37 PM Johnny Number 5 THIS IS AMAZING I CANT WAIT!!!!... Feb 4 2011, 07:45 PM Johnny Number 5 I received my end today.
I have decided to Take t... Feb 9 2011, 12:59 PM SinatraKing Do you mean Damion Easley?
Feb 9 2011, 01:17 PM Johnny Number 5 yes, thank you my sinatra mango
j5 Feb 9 2011, 01:30 PM msw_sportscards All right, Johnny. Glad you received the package t... Feb 9 2011, 09:22 PM Johnny Number 5 mark Sent today with DC# - 0309 1830 0001 6350 521... Feb 9 2011, 09:26 PM msw_sportscards Excellent! He should have it before the weeken... Feb 9 2011, 09:59 PM Johnny Number 5 HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
... Feb 9 2011, 10:28 PM bajmurray I would love to be added to the list for this! Feb 11 2011, 11:26 PM msw_sportscards Brian,
One more link in the chain. Coming so... Feb 11 2011, 11:32 PM Johnny Number 5 This can be serious like sauce faces and mango but... Feb 11 2011, 11:30 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Marc,
Sign me up if you still have room... Love t... Feb 11 2011, 11:39 PM msw_sportscards Adam,
The more the merrier, my friend. Welcom... Feb 11 2011, 11:41 PM jam92102 Too late to join? Feb 12 2011, 12:00 AM msw_sportscards It's never too late. Welcome to the party.
Feb 12 2011, 12:15 AM msw_sportscards HA HA!!!!!!! We have f... Feb 12 2011, 12:30 AM jam92102
Cool! Thanks! Glad to join the party... Feb 12 2011, 12:43 PM SinatraKing I received the package yesterday. I will be makin... Feb 15 2011, 10:03 AM Soxarethechamps05 Any chance I can be added to the list? Feb 15 2011, 08:26 PM msw_sportscards Absolutely! Welcome to the party!
Feb 15 2011, 09:25 PM SinatraKing Ok, I have made my decision on what I am taking ou... Feb 16 2011, 01:56 PM msw_sportscards
Wowzers....it's a good day to be a Skins fa... Feb 16 2011, 06:30 PM SFGiants Sounds like fun! Sign me up! Thanks
Jerad Feb 16 2011, 02:18 PM WestCoastSkinsFan Someone is paying attention to the next person on ... Feb 16 2011, 02:31 PM pspstatus This sounds really cool and I would love to get in... Feb 16 2011, 07:02 PM msw_sportscards Aaron,
You're in. Welcome to the party... Feb 16 2011, 07:52 PM msw_sportscards Hey everyone,
We've hit 15. I think that... Feb 16 2011, 07:55 PM captkirk42
That sounds good. Feb 16 2011, 10:14 PM jam92102 I'm good with closing. Nice big number of peo... Feb 16 2011, 09:59 PM WestCoastSkinsFan Honestly? I'd just stick with one chain.
If a... Feb 16 2011, 10:59 PM msw_sportscards Some good points. Initially I had wondered how coo... Feb 16 2011, 11:20 PM Icrackwax I would think that the average exchange would take... Feb 17 2011, 12:50 AM NYStateOfMind1976 I am down either way.
This could really turn into... Feb 17 2011, 10:09 AM SinatraKing Sorry kids, scans will come tonight. We had Pete ... Feb 17 2011, 11:55 AM msw_sportscards Can't go wrong with vintage. I love it!
Feb 17 2011, 12:30 PM SinatraKing Here are some scans
The two replacements, Laimbee... Feb 17 2011, 09:31 PM msw_sportscards Them are purty! Feb 17 2011, 11:26 PM rtsjr sign me up want to get in Feb 19 2011, 06:33 PM msw_sportscards Got ya down, Bob. Welcome to the party!
Feb 19 2011, 06:47 PM Johnny Number 5 wow 17 participants my mango, this is saweet
j Feb 19 2011, 06:37 PM SinatraKing I mailed out the chain yesterday to Sam, have DC, ... Feb 20 2011, 02:19 PM msw_sportscards Excellllllent! Can't wait to see what the ... Feb 21 2011, 09:45 PM pspstatus Nice stuff so far. I can't wait to see all th... Feb 21 2011, 09:43 PM NYStateOfMind1976
I was thinking the exact same thing. Feb 21 2011, 10:20 PM cbware88 I'd love to join if it is still open to partic... Feb 22 2011, 01:52 PM msw_sportscards Still open. Welcome to the party!
Feb 22 2011, 07:42 PM msw_sportscards Sam,
When you receive, please take 1 card an... Feb 22 2011, 07:45 PM WestCoastSkinsFan You know, the funny thing about this is that I may... Feb 22 2011, 08:47 PM msw_sportscards Just received the current DC on the package. Here ... Feb 23 2011, 12:24 PM msw_sportscards I am officially a chain package stalker! :ph3... Feb 23 2011, 06:14 PM WestCoastSkinsFan I'll be home to check on it shortly. We'll... Feb 23 2011, 09:07 PM msw_sportscards It just occurred to me that the package has made i... Feb 23 2011, 09:46 PM Icrackwax
Now it's coming back across the US again. Fi... Feb 23 2011, 11:59 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Louie-ville
But I thought Frankfort was the capit... Feb 23 2011, 09:49 PM msw_sportscards Correct...the capital of Kentucky is pronounced Fr... Feb 23 2011, 10:11 PM NYStateOfMind1976
Why thank you..... Appreciate it.
PM on the wa... Feb 23 2011, 10:14 PM bajmurray I though it was pronounced Looo-vul Feb 23 2011, 10:10 PM road_runner_1964
That it is exactly the pronunciation.... Feb 23 2011, 10:11 PM WestCoastSkinsFan Well, I had a little bit of a quandary on this one... Feb 23 2011, 10:57 PM msw_sportscards Wowzers!!!!!!!!... Feb 23 2011, 11:19 PM WestCoastSkinsFan I'm planning on dropping this in the mail tomo... Feb 23 2011, 11:20 PM msw_sportscards I see him lurking so I bet you will. ;)
Feb 23 2011, 11:22 PM Johnny Number 5 wow mango
j555555 Feb 23 2011, 11:21 PM WestCoastSkinsFan How's a 2 hour turnaround time work for you gu... Feb 23 2011, 11:41 PM msw_sportscards Impressive.
Feb 24 2011, 09:36 AM Icrackwax And the package grows. Awesome stuff! I'm ... Feb 23 2011, 11:47 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Oh boy. The anti has been raised in the chain.. Ve... Feb 24 2011, 07:48 AM captkirk42 hmm with a memorabilia category, we might have to ... Feb 24 2011, 11:27 AM SinatraKing WOW! I thought my addition was the BEES KNEES... Feb 24 2011, 12:21 PM WestCoastSkinsFan As planned, this got dropped off in the mail this ... Feb 24 2011, 06:17 PM Johnny Number 5 I should have autographed a mango and sent it with... Feb 24 2011, 06:23 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Track this topic
Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
Subscribe to this forum
Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
Download / Print this Topic
Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.