The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 45,825 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.
With over 29,750 collectors and over 2,650,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?
If you're not a member, click here: Register
If you're already a member, login here:
[ Outline ] ·
March Low Budget Baseball Break Club, Break complete.
Feb 20 2010, 11:31 AM
Joined: 21-March 06
From: Upstate NY
Members Referred: 3
First Name: Andrew
(View: Pending | Failed)
2009 Best Pack Pull - Monthly Winners
Member of the Month — February 2009
April 2009 Pack Pull of the Month.
View Trading and Marketplace Topics
March Low Budget Baseball Break Club
Welcome to the second month of the Low Budget Baseball Break Club! Please verify that you would like to participate this month. I hope to have our Payments in by March 15. SEND PAYMENTS TO firstname.lastname@example.org
1. sahetu - Blue Jays, Rays, Pirates
2. NYStateOfMind1976 - Yankees, Padres, D-backs
3. maple19 - Cardinals, Twins, Tigers
4. Johnny Number 5 - Red Sox, Dodgers, Brewers
5. RGBII - Phillies, Braves, Rangers
6. captkirk42 - Mets, Nationals, Marlins
7. 5toosweet - Reds, White Sox, Indians
8. yankeesjetsfan - Mariners, Angels, Rockies
9. Derek4484 - Astros, Cubs, A's
10. pavi39 - Orioles, Giants, Royals
Boxes for this month:
2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions Baseball (3 hits)
2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces Baseball (4 hits)
2007 Upper Deck Elements Baseball (3 hits)
2007 UD Sweet Spot (4 hits)
- After the verification process, we'll talk boxes. We will all vote on at least 6 different box variations. My hope is that we pick a lot of boxes with a lot of hits so that we can spread the love.
- $20 Paypal per spot will get you 3 rounds in a draft for 3 teams. First round is drafted, the reverse of that draft is the second round, and the third is another random draft. That said, you cannot draft the same team in 1st round in back to back months (In other words, if you pick the Yankees in the first round this month, you can't pick them in the first round next month).
- Payment will be due once all members are verified for the month. Then, and only then, will I post my Paypal address and accept payments. I want to make sure we're all on board. Those who wish to use something other than Paypal (trades, money orders, checks, pie, etc) will have to PM me.
- Shipping, Paypal fees, and supplies will roughly cost around $3.00 a person. That leaves us with roughly $170 a month to work with.
- You will receive every card for every team you drafted, including base cards.
- Team issues: Player's uniform dictates who the card goes to. If a player played for a defunct team, he goes to the modern incarnation of that team (ex. Expos = Nationals).
- Multi Memorabilia and/or signatures are randomed between the teams UNLESS one team/owner outweighs the other on a card. For example... A card featuring David Wright and Chipper Jones would be randomed off between Mets and Braves. However, a card featuring Jon Lestor, Josh Beckett, and Andy Pettite (Red Sox, Red Sox, Yankees) would go to the Red Sox owner. If it's three or more different teams and someone owns the majority of the teams, it goes to that person.
- Non-baseball cards are proportionately randomed between all members (celebrity cards, strange subsets, etc). That is to say that if we have 10 different random cards, once one person wins one, he's out of the loop to give the other 9 a shot (and so on).
- Minor League and college players go to the teams they were drafted to UNLESS it states on the card that they are on a MLB team. If they are undrafted, they are randomed.
- Each month, the Wax Wombat kicks in a box. No, it won't be anything expensive. No, it may not always be a hobby box. It could be a blaster or a multi-pack retail box. Bonus boxes will be revealed during the breaks.
- Transactions for the break are made after the break is finished. Shipping of your cards will be the first convenient weekday.
"My common sense is tingling..."
The Wax Wombat moniker has been retired. Doesn't seem right anymore,
as I don't own the domain, have that blog, or rip much wax these days.
Posts in this topic
sahetu March Low Budget Baseball Break Club Feb 20 2010, 11:31 AM sahetu February's cards are either in the mail for so... Feb 20 2010, 11:33 AM pavi39 I'm in. Feb 20 2010, 11:35 AM booth9919 I am in Feb 20 2010, 11:58 AM 5toosweet Count me in. Feb 20 2010, 01:21 PM captkirk42 I am in. Feb 20 2010, 04:23 PM booth9919 Actually Andy,
Please give my spot to someone on ... Feb 20 2010, 04:28 PM sahetu
Will do. Hope to see you in April. :) Feb 20 2010, 04:33 PM NYStateOfMind1976 I am in!!
Thanks for the email.. Feb 20 2010, 10:35 PM sahetu
Welcome aboard. :) Feb 20 2010, 10:38 PM sahetu All stuff from February break has been shipped... Feb 22 2010, 02:38 PM Johnny Number 5 Sauce king says
COunt me in mango salad aka the ... Feb 22 2010, 03:01 PM yankeesjetsfan I'm in again.
Mike Feb 22 2010, 04:14 PM sahetu Woo, only two verifications left and we can start ... Feb 22 2010, 04:30 PM sahetu While we wait for our other two friends to pop in ... Feb 24 2010, 10:38 PM RGBII [b]I prefer the Ustream option but it
is by no mea... Feb 24 2010, 10:40 PM captkirk42 I"m also a Ustreamer, but whatever the Wombat... Feb 25 2010, 12:49 AM sahetu Mmm autos. Thanks, Kirk. :)
Well, my only issue w... Feb 25 2010, 01:43 PM Johnny Number 5 I trust the wombat to do this youtube style. HIs r... Feb 25 2010, 02:01 PM 5toosweet Youtube is fine with me. Feb 25 2010, 07:41 PM sahetu C'mon guys, let's get checked in here. :) ... Feb 28 2010, 04:40 PM bajmurray I'm in Feb 28 2010, 04:54 PM sahetu :) Feb 28 2010, 05:04 PM Derek4484 Yes I am in sorry i never noticed the thread! Mar 1 2010, 09:26 AM sahetu With the last verification - it is time to get tho... Mar 1 2010, 09:56 AM Johnny Number 5 Last month I paid last
This month I paid first
pa... Mar 1 2010, 10:02 AM captkirk42 Scraps of lettuce sent to feed the Wombat. Transla... Mar 1 2010, 01:23 PM sahetu Thanks Johnny & Kirk.
Okay, now this month I... Mar 1 2010, 01:58 PM captkirk42 Hmm me needs to think on this one. flip-flopping b... Mar 1 2010, 03:47 PM Johnny Number 5 i guess option 4
j5 Mar 1 2010, 03:50 PM pavi39 My vote would go to 4 as well. Mar 1 2010, 04:43 PM 5toosweet I vote for 4 as well. Mar 1 2010, 08:52 PM sahetu We may or may not have an open spot in this break ... Mar 1 2010, 09:52 PM maple19 put me on waiting list
mike Mar 1 2010, 10:50 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Payment Sent
And based on those options I like 4. Mar 2 2010, 07:18 AM sahetu Thanks Adam.
Looks like 4 is winning by a landsli... Mar 2 2010, 09:48 AM Johnny Number 5 Mango sauce
geez im rea... Mar 2 2010, 11:03 AM captkirk42 Buck the system I'll go with 3. Or swap out th... Mar 2 2010, 11:18 AM NYStateOfMind1976
Maybe move to 2008 UD Heroes, 08 SPA or 09 Don... Mar 2 2010, 12:35 PM Johnny Number 5 maybe another sweet spot, or even move out #... Mar 2 2010, 12:37 PM sahetu Best hit last month came out of SPA, Johnny. Just ... Mar 2 2010, 03:10 PM Johnny Number 5 Option 5
2009 Sweet Spot - 1 Box - 6 Hits - ... Mar 2 2010, 03:14 PM NYStateOfMind1976 *Disclaimer. I do like option 4 and would be perfe... Mar 2 2010, 04:01 PM 5toosweet
I kinda like this lineup. Mar 2 2010, 08:46 PM sahetu What does everyone else think? Mar 2 2010, 04:28 PM sahetu It sorta has something for everyone, I have to agr... Mar 2 2010, 08:56 PM RGBII [b]Ahem . . .
Topps Heritage perhaps?
Option one... Mar 2 2010, 09:08 PM sahetu Everyone welcome maple19 to the club. :) Mar 2 2010, 11:23 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Welcome Maple19 Mar 3 2010, 08:11 AM Derek4484 payment sent.
I would go with option 4. Mar 3 2010, 03:24 PM sahetu Thanks Derek. :) Mar 3 2010, 03:51 PM sahetu Still looking like Option 4 is going to win out he... Mar 4 2010, 07:12 PM 5toosweet Payment will be made this weekend. Mar 4 2010, 07:41 PM Johnny Number 5 :) Mar 4 2010, 07:59 PM maple19 andrew payment sent
mike Mar 6 2010, 05:36 PM sahetu
got it, thanks :) Mar 6 2010, 05:51 PM maple19 i like option 3
mike Mar 6 2010, 05:38 PM 5toosweet Payment sent. Mar 6 2010, 11:59 PM sahetu Thanks!
Only two payments left and we can ord... Mar 7 2010, 12:13 AM sahetu I may have a chance to get a few boxes that is a m... Mar 8 2010, 01:21 PM sahetu Boxes have been ordered, I chipped in a box, as yo... Mar 8 2010, 02:57 PM sahetu Just a note, I went with a great deal that D&A... Mar 8 2010, 03:03 PM sahetu Here is the draft, check out the randomization vid... Mar 8 2010, 03:40 PM captkirk42 To start off the Drafting I will go with a team th... Mar 8 2010, 04:46 PM sahetu That's THE Supreme Marsupial Overlord, thank y... Mar 8 2010, 06:43 PM NYStateOfMind1976 I will take my boyz.. Adam (NYStateOfMind) takes t... Mar 8 2010, 09:45 PM maple19 boy never ever seen the blue jays go 2nd over all
... Mar 8 2010, 11:52 PM sahetu
I'm trying to recapture my childhood. I was ... Mar 9 2010, 12:12 AM Derek4484 Sorry i wasnt able to get online last night the in... Mar 9 2010, 09:00 AM pavi39 My money has been sent. Mar 9 2010, 10:01 AM sahetu
No prob. :) Mar 9 2010, 12:45 PM yankeesjetsfan I'm getting my share in on Monday. My paydays ... Mar 9 2010, 10:25 AM 5toosweet I will take the Cincinnati Reds.
You cannot draf... Mar 9 2010, 10:49 AM sahetu Well, one issue gentleman...
I'll grab a re... Mar 9 2010, 02:35 PM sahetu Replaced with 2007 UD Sweet Spot. Mar 9 2010, 03:08 PM 5toosweet
I can deal with that. Mar 9 2010, 05:51 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Fine with me. Thanks for letting us know.. Mar 9 2010, 09:19 PM captkirk42 The Replacements Works for me. You all can fight o... Mar 9 2010, 10:43 PM yankeesjetsfan Andrew, how much longer should we wait for Johnny ... Mar 10 2010, 08:58 PM RGBII [b]He just got home from a short stay
in the hospi... Mar 10 2010, 09:02 PM yankeesjetsfan Oh wow, I didn't know he was in the hospital. ... Mar 10 2010, 09:19 PM NYStateOfMind1976 Oh Wow. I had no idea the King Mango was in the ho... Mar 10 2010, 10:37 PM sahetu Which is why we'll wait until we get some word... Mar 10 2010, 11:43 PM Johnny Number 5 The mango is back
Boston red sox please
j5 Mar 11 2010, 12:46 PM NYStateOfMind1976
Welcome back Johnny 5!!! Hope you a... Mar 11 2010, 01:48 PM maple19 good to see you back i know about being sick mysel... Mar 11 2010, 01:11 PM pavi39 You cannot draft the same team in the first round ... Mar 11 2010, 01:16 PM yankeesjetsfan I'll take the Seattle Mariners, please.
Mike Mar 11 2010, 01:24 PM pavi39 You cannot draft the same team in the first round ... Mar 11 2010, 01:46 PM RGBII [b]I'll take The Phillies.
You cannot draft t... Mar 11 2010, 04:45 PM pavi39 I'll take The Orioles.
You cannot draft the s... Mar 11 2010, 04:50 PM maple19 1st Pick Cardinals & 2nd Pick Twins
mike Mar 11 2010, 05:41 PM RGBII You cannot draft the same team in the first round ... Mar 11 2010, 05:50 PM pavi39 I'll take the Giants
You cannot draft the sam... Mar 11 2010, 05:59 PM RGBII [b]The Atlanta Braves
You cannot draft the same t... Mar 11 2010, 06:05 PM sahetu Wow, look at this draft moving right along... *wip... Mar 11 2010, 07:53 PM RGBII
[b]pavi39 and I are brutally efficient :lol:
Co... Mar 11 2010, 07:58 PM 5toosweet What day are we lookin to break?
If this draft ge... Mar 11 2010, 09:26 PM sahetu That could work Mar 11 2010, 09:46 PM yankeesjetsfan Ill take the LA Angels.
Mike Mar 11 2010, 10:02 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Track this topic
Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
Subscribe to this forum
Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
Download / Print this Topic
Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.