Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Monthly Hobby Box Clubs/Group Box Breaks, Roll call!

bob_TCC
post Jul 22 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #1

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 111
First Name: Bob
Transactions: 567
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: tccstaff

SportsBuy: 61309

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Sep. '05, Nov. '06

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

If you host a monthly hobby box club (or group box break), please let us know by adding a reply to this topic.

Feel free to include a high-level summary of your club including details such as the name/title, the sport, the number of members, the monthly fees, the video platform used for the breaks, the number of months the club has been running and whatever else you'd like to share.

Please note that this topic shouldn't be used to recruit members for a particular month or one-time group box break. Instead, it's meant to help determine more details about the various monthly hobby box clubs hosted here at TCC.

In addition to sharing this information with the entire Collector Zone community, this is an initial step towards some exciting changes that are planned to better support hobby box clubs and group box breaks. cool.gif

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image
TradingCardCentral.com - THE resource for trading card collectors.

Founder
user posted image
OpenChecklist.com - software tools and services for trading card collectors.

My trade lists: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey | Racing | Everything
You Spent Bob's Money, Now Make Bob Money! Round 1: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monsta
post Jul 22 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Why So Serious?
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 110

eBay: monsta2012

SportsBuy: 136061

OpenChecklist:
monsta

Awards:
Rookie of the Year - 2007, NFL Rookie Collection - 2007

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The OFFICIAL Football Team Hobby Box Club
Members: 16
Monthly Fees: $25

This club is going on it's 14th month!! I'm pretty sure we didn't invent the group box break, but I don't believe there were any other monthly groups before we started up. We break on ustream.tv live! Robert (thesobons) & Bob (bob_TCC) is our usual breakers. We like to give them a break every now and then and let another member do it on occasion.

Club Description:
16 Members. You pick your team. The 16 remaining teams will be picked by a draft held each month.

Fee is $25 a month. That buys $360-370 of hobby boxes each month for us to bust and pays for shipping & supplies.

You get all base, inserts, gu, autos, ect of your teams that is pulled from the boxes.

Profile Card
+Quote Post
mavisbike
post Jul 22 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #3

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Mark
Transactions: 55

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The Low Budget TCC Football Group Box Breaking Club
Monthly Fees: $15

This Club will be going into its 2nd month. We try to get atleast two different years into our breaks and usually have 2-4 Box's per month. I am doing the break the first two months. After this month LarryinPA will be doing the breaks. We do our breaks on ustream and I post a hit recap video and scans of all the hits.

BEYAW!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Avaholicforever
post Jul 22 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #4

All things CO Avalanche hockey collector!
Group Icon

First Name: Bill
Transactions: 420

eBay: Avaholicforever

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The OFFICIAL Hockey Box Break Club
Members: 15
Monthly Fee: $26

Started in December of 2007, this club is going on it's ninth month. Every member gets 2 teams, 1 owned team and 1 drafted team. Once the Club has decided on a box selection the boxes are ordered and a member, usually myself but also Urbanmonk and Bob_TCC, opens the boxes live on Ustream.tv. Then all cards are sent to their respective owners.

If you have any questions about this club feel free to message me!

Group Leader of The Official Hockey Box Break Club - Please PM if interested!

Current Focus: Colorado Avalanche autographs, game used cards, and rookie cards

Collecting:
Hockey: Gabriel Landeskog, Paul Stastny, Ryan O'Reilly, Semyon Varlamov, Jim Slater, & any past and present Colorado Avalanche players.

Baseball: Carl Crawford, Ubaldo Jimenez, David Wright, Troy Tulowitzki, and Jeff Baker

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 22 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #5

Crpalmi
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 2348

eBay: Tcben2002

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great idea Bob!

CLUB: Boxbreakers and Exquisite Club
MEMBERS: 30 in FB and BB / 15 in BKB and Exquisite Club and next month HK
MONTHLY FEE: $40 for FB and BB / Next month $75 for BKB or HK / $140 for Multi-Sport Exquisite Club

Hello all. Our group is called the Boxbreakers and we have been together for 7 months for these monthly breaks. We have slowly expanded to various groups to meet the requests of our members. The FB group usually fills 30-32 teams and we break a range of boxes/cases (about $1,100 worth) from 2006-2008. The BB group fills 26-27 teams typically and breaks a range of years (about $900-$1,000 worth) from 2004-2008. The basketball group is capped at 15 participants with all getting a randomly drafted team. This has been $40 per month up to this month but in August we will go for a $75 fee to increase the quality of the products we can break ($1,050 worth). We will also introduce a Hockey group in August also capped at 15 participants and a $75 fee ($1,050 in products). Lastly, we just started the Exquisite Club this month and filled all 15 slots within a few days. The cost is $140 for a multi-sport break of 5 boxes of Exquisite each month.

All breaks are done live on these forum boards with any higher end boxes done on video with Youtube links provided during the break. We hold our 3 group breaks this week so peek in the threads to see how we run the breaks.

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 22 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #6

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Thanks for the replies! I know there are more though!

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

You Spent Bob's Money, Now Make Bob Money! Round 1: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
broscards
post Jul 22 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Meachem Supa star
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Tyler
Transactions: 532

eBay: broscards

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The Official Football Team Hobby Box Club 2

We began as HBC 3 in December 07. Since then Club 2 disbanded and we took their spot. We now are HBC 2 biggrin.gif

Its 15.00 per month, there are 16 spots available month to month. We ONLY open football products and out monthly budget is 190-200 dollars. The Fees are due PROMPTLY on the 10th of every month or before. If you are late, you are replaced.. Sorry sad.gif

Every month each member drafts their own two teams. We have a different draft order every month so one member is not first in two back to back months. You also cannot choose the same two teams in back to back months, unless you have the last pick and are forced to. This way everyone has somewhat equal chances to get the vikings, cowboys, whatever...

The first pick each month also has the last pick, and the 16th pick also has the 17th pick....This is one way that HBC2 is different than any other monthly club that I have seen.

I keep all the good cards for myself...

Just kidding tongue.gif - just like all the groups you get ALL The cards from your two teams - base, inserts, gu, au, 1/1 - all of it!

everything but base is shipped in top loaders, the base are sandwiched between the toploaders in a team set bag, then mailed in a bubble mailer.. If you get au/gu I try and use DC.. but to keep shipping costs down, and box funds high, I dont send with DC if you only get base or high #d inserts.. So far no problems wink.gif

Currently we have an empty waiting list, and on average replace about 3 members per month. We have had three members that have dropped out and returned!!

The videos for our box breaks are hosted under my Youtube account - the link is in my profile box on the left if anyone wants to check out our past breaks.

Please PM me to be placed on our waiting list!

Good idea Bob!!

The Meachem Collection Video : The Meachem Bucket :
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ROBERT MEACHEM, ERIC BERRY, and MONTARIO HARDESTY

+Quote Post
Mike Lindegarde
post Jul 23 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #8

Programming Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 53

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The OFFICIAL Basketball Team Hobby Box Club
Members: 10
Monthly Fees: $52

This club started around the same time monsta began his football break. Originally it was $25 per month, but that quickly jumped to $50 to allow for more boxes while keeping the member count down (the extra $2 covers PayPal fees).

We break on UStream.tv. Mike Lindegarde breaks most of the time, but other members are given the opertunity to run the break from time to time.

Club Description:
Currently there are 10 members. Each member owns 2 teams and drafts a thrid. However, next month we will be going to owning 1 team and a two round draft in order to make more good teams availible to new members and to make the draft a little more exciting.

Fee is $52 a month. That buys $475 or so of hobby boxes each month for us to bust and pays for shipping & supplies.

You get all base, inserts, gu, autos, ect of your teams that is pulled from the boxes. I believe this is one of the most expensive groups to join, but with three teams I don't believe we have had a month where a member has not gotten a hit (well, there was one member once, but we made sure to give him some hits anyway).

Programming Team
user posted image
Looking to trade For:
- Lou Groza auto, Jim Brown auto, Eddie George auto
- Early Wynn auto, Bob Lemon auto

My Sites:
- My Personal Collection

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Jul 23 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #9

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: Low Budget Hockey Break Group
Members: 10

All teams are drafted and you can't draft same team in first round in back to back months. We usually do non-recent product or lower end product. Gets us close to $150 worth of boxes to open, and gives everyone a shot at the more popular/hotter teams. Boxes are broken live on Ustream. There is currently 4 people on the waiting list.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Luke2411
post Jul 23 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #10

Bazinga!
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 476

eBay: Luke2411

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The OFFICIAL Baseball Team Hobby Box Club
Members: Varies, usually around 15
Monthly Fees: $30

We started in November of last year. Each member buys a MLB team (or multiple teams). The first team is $30 and every additional team is $25. $25 goes towards the price of boxes and $5 goes to shipping and supplies. Originally we purchased boxes from Blowout, Dave and Adam's and a few other places. Recently we've begun buying them from Shawn (aka DIAMONDCARDS) who is a TCC member. He's given us competitive prices on the boxes we've wanted.

Every month the member's decide what boxes to break. I provide suggestions, as do other members, and we've been able to decide on an agreeable list every month. Some month's we've had members donate "mystery boxes" which has been very fun. Some month's we've had lots of money to spend and others we've had a little money to spend.

Members who purchase a team in one month have the option to keep that team for the next month. For highly sought after teams, I've put together a waiting list in case someone decides to no longer be a part of the break.

Each member will get all the cards pulled from the team's they've purchased. Decisions are based on the jersey the player is wearing on the card, not the team name on the card. We use Random.org to make other decision involving cards with multiple teams represented or cards with teams no one has purchased.

We've had some nice pulls. We've pulled several 1/1s, including a MLB Logo patch from 05 Prime Patches. SPX has probably been our favorite product. Every month that seems to deliver some nice cards.

We do our best to balance high end with products that provide a nice number of hits. My philosophy behind the club is to provide members with a chance to get cards from products they normally wouldn't be able to afford/purchase on their own. So, I try to include a nice high-end product each month. After that we include boxes like SPX that provide a high number of hits so that members will typically walk away with "something" each month.

I've pretty much always broken the boxes on Youtube and posted the videos for the members to see. However, recently I've purchased a webcam and all future breaks will be done live via UStreamTV.

My Photobucket Collection

My Youtube Box Breaks

user posted image

Collecting Texas Ranger Cards and Memorabilia!!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 23 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #11

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Thanks for all of the updates!

I know we have another 1-2 that are running and just need to be added here, but there may be others.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
artyman60
post Jul 23 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #12

1.21 GIGAWATTS !!!!!!!!
Group Icon

First Name: Arty
Transactions: 398

eBay: artyman60

OpenChecklist:
artyman60

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Oct. '06 Favorite Box Break of 2008

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Club: The High Rollers Football club
Members: 8
Monthly Fees: ranges from $100 - $150 Depending on what we decide to break
Main Focus: high end products and Cases

Originallly the high rollers consited of 16 members with a buy-in of $50 each but a higher price tag then most groups it was getting hard to fill the 16 spots, so with some fine tuning i found 7 other members who would be willing to pay a higher amount and focus on busting cases. Now we have a set up like this, each member has 2 owned teams and gets to draft 2 more for a total of 4 teams each. The price can vary from $100 to $150 but never more than that unless we decide to get crazy and all agree to a higher buy-in for the month. We focus on the high end products like national treasure, exquisite, or cases.

Our most recent break and first in the new format was a case of 2007 limited which netted us some sweet pulls to say the least including a brett favre Auto Patch #d/25

All breaks are done live via ustream by myself and will usually start early during which time i hold a pre-game of sorts where i will break a few boxes i pick up for myself and usually hold contests and give aways and just have a good time.

My photobucket l Who i collect l MY youtube BOX BREAKS !!

user posted image

I love the power glove..... Its so Bad !
Eliptic, you are the man! thanks for the great banner

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 23 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #13

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm going to hold off listing the Official Multi-Sport Hobby Box Club until it's more clear as to when I'll be able to host it on a regular basis. So, I believe this list may be complete as of the moment.

If any monthly hobby box club has been missed though, please let us know!

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
ffman
post Jul 23 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #14

Merry Christmas!
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Cody
Transactions: 147

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great idea Bob!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image
RIP Daze_fan l RIP Steve McNair l RIP Chris Henry l RIP tazmocan
Collecting: Mickey Mantle, Tennessee Titans, 2006 Vince Young

My new trade page:

ffman's Cards for Trade

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jul 23 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #15

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 540

Awards:
2008 Favorite Box Break Host

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Awesome idea Bob! I've been debating on starting an actually group break club...but my one-time first come first serve breaks have been going great. I like to host more than one break a month and I'm not big on the idea of having the same team every single month. I know there is the option of doing a draft, but those seem to take days if not up to a week just to get the draft completed.These are a few of the things holding me up from starting an actually group break club. I have a # of members who continually join my breaks each time I open one, in a way you could say I have a "club" but it's not official.
I do bust all my breaks LIVE on ustream, and post videos of the individual boxes on YouTube for those unable to make the live break.

+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 23 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #16

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Jul 23 2008, 10:27 PM)
Awesome idea Bob! I've been debating on starting an actually group break club...but my one-time first come first serve breaks have been going great. I like to host more than one break a month and I'm not big on the idea of having the same team every single month. I know there is the option of doing a draft, but those seem to take days if not up to a week just to get the draft completed.These are a few of the things holding me up from starting an actually group break club. I have a # of members who continually join my breaks each time I open one, in a way you could say I have a "club" but it's not official.
I do bust all my breaks LIVE on ustream, and post videos of the individual boxes on YouTube for those unable to make the live break.

I do believe you're probably our most consistent host for one-time group box breaks at this time. So, you're just about as close to a monthly hobby box club as you can get without actually being one.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jul 23 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #17

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jul 23 2008, 10:52 PM)
I do believe you're probably our most consistent host for one-time group box breaks at this time.  So, you're just about as close to a monthly hobby box club as you can get without actually being one.

-Bob

smile.gif I enjoy doing them and giving my members the treatment they deserve for entrusting me with their hard earned money. I take pride in the way I conduct my breaks and take care of my members. And I know all these monthly clubs do as well! Group breaks are one of the many things that make TCC and great place!

+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 24 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #18

Crpalmi
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 2348

eBay: Tcben2002

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Jul 23 2008, 10:02 PM)
smile.gif I enjoy doing them and giving my members the treatment they deserve for entrusting me with their hard earned money. I take pride in the way I conduct my breaks and take care of my members. And I know all these monthly clubs do as well! Group breaks are one of the many things that make TCC and great place!

Well said!

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 27 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #19

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Whats the word on these up and coming group break ideas?

+Quote Post
srsly_chris
post Sep 1 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #20

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Christopher
Transactions: 301

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Currently Have started something new for myself, After trying a few breaks and pulling great cards, I figured it was time.

10 Members
Monthly fee of 41.00 Paypal

370-380 dollars in cards Monthly. Pay a Month In advance for 80.00

3 Teams, 1 Chosen , 2 Random, two teams will recieve a bonus Team via randomizer.

Check me out and give me feed Back.. To see this months boxes, click proposed break.

CPAWGroupbreaks.com

Main Wants:
Marvin Harrison GU, Auto, #D, Rookies
Any Colts GU, Auto, #D, Rookies

I ship with a Bubble Mailer and DC Everytime! Do the same.

My Bucket (it's a work in progress, adding 15-20 Scans a Day)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 2nd June 2024 - 10:09 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us