Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 2009 Topps Triple Threads FB 7 Box Break, REFUNDS ISSUED!

Gforce083
post Jan 1 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #61

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 540
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
2008 Favorite Box Break Host

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Dec 31 2009, 11:16 PM)
Break has already been filled and paid for, just waiting for boxes to arrive and get busted.  There are plenty of other breaks out there for you to get involved in.

Make sure you read the pin topic at top of forum about group breaks.

Got this email from Daniel at Balenac Sports...its funny because I called them on Wednesday and left my number. I'll be sure to give them a call tomorrow morning as they are out of office today.

"Hey Gary,

Please give me a call, or let me know your number so I can call you. We changed our settings on our email account to filter the tons of spam we've been receiving over the holidays (we received an average of 90 emails from Ebay alone for solicitations). We were getting backed up with orders and answering emails over the holidays-we had the two days of snow and Ice storm the days before Christmas. Unfortunately a lot of our emails were sent to the spam folder and we didn't know customers were writing us. The other problem and issue we had was that Paypal didn't send us an email notifying us that you had paid for the case. The money is still in our Paypal account but we never received the invoice for a paid item. We know for a fact that it was never sent because it doesn't appear in our spam or regular folder. When we set up the spam filter we made sure to allow all emails with the payment sent notification. We normally get about four to five times a year where Paypal's system fails to notify us of a payment sent, and it probably was because of the holiday over load. We had three customers who paid directly and didn't notify us of the payment received during the Christmas week. In any case give me a call today before 4pm Central time, or give me a number and let me know what is the best time to call you.

Daniel
Balenac Sports"

User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
road_runner_1964
post Jan 1 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #62

Seeking Seq #0264
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 563

eBay: road_runner_1964

SportsBuy: 94849

Awards:
2010 Final Final Four Way Champion 2009 and 2010 Most Generous Person 2008 Most Valuable Member (MVP) Member of the Month August 2008

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

They need to ship Next Day Air on Monday, so you get it on Tuesday.

Collector Zone Team Manager
user posted image....................................

Mr 264's Bucket 09-04-12 | My Website Needs and Haves

Currently 464 in the 264 SPx PC | and 3240 in the 264 "variant" PC

WHY 264? | 264 Stories | SPx Football Needs List | Dane Sanzenbacher Needs List

User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 1 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #63

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I just send this email to Balenac.

"Daniel,

I understand all of the troubles and things like this happen. However, I don't think it's too much to expect this case to be shipped ASAP and next day delivery so I have it in hand by Tues (Jan 5th). I've had this case paid for on Dec 23 and I wasn't my fault PayPal didn't send over an email notification. I know things are busy but if this is a known issue that has happened before then perhaps checking the actual PayPal account would be wise. I know you have to have "official" confirmation of payment via PayPal but I know that I did also send a personal email tell you guys that I paid for the case on Dec 23 (the same day) so weither PayPal sent an email or not...I did.

I know there was Christmas and New Years Day but from what I take away from this email, you have not shipped the case of Triple Threads to me yet. There have been 6 business days when this case could have been shipped out and to me or on it's way to me by now. There has also been a Saturday where it could have been shipped USPS like you guys have done in the past. I was expecting to have and made it known to others that I'd have this case in hand earlier in the week because I will be going out of town from Jan 6 - Jan 11. Now, if you simply ship this case UPS Ground it on Monday it won't show up until Wednesday after my flight leaves town which does me nor my break members any good and just makes this whole process even more frustrating.

I don't see how I can be held responsible for your email spam filters or PayPal's lack of sending a notification that I send payment on Dec. 23. I've been nothing by loyal to Balenac for over a year now and have done nothing but speak highly of your name throughout this entire time. I again, feel that next day delivery to have this case to me by Tuesday (Jan 5) is not too much to ask or expect because of the issues that have led to this case not being shipped to this point. My money has been paid in full and there should be NOTHING holding up the shipment of this case!
-Gary"

+Quote Post
road_runner_1964
post Jan 1 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #64

Seeking Seq #0264
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 563

eBay: road_runner_1964

SportsBuy: 94849

Awards:
2010 Final Final Four Way Champion 2009 and 2010 Most Generous Person 2008 Most Valuable Member (MVP) Member of the Month August 2008

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Excellent, Gary. If they don't come through, then I suggest you start shopping a new supplier....thumbsup.gif

Collector Zone Team Manager
user posted image....................................

Mr 264's Bucket 09-04-12 | My Website Needs and Haves

Currently 464 in the 264 SPx PC | and 3240 in the 264 "variant" PC

WHY 264? | 264 Stories | SPx Football Needs List | Dane Sanzenbacher Needs List

Profile Card
+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Jan 1 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #65

MVP
Group Icon

Transactions: 116

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only and No Posting

View Gallery

Create Transaction

PM Read

And I will throw this out there and G do not hate me for saying it, but this is my opinion.

I think we need to look at possibly a new supplier and do preorders the Sunday before if we are full and if not then cancel the breaks.

When I sign up and I see we are doing a full half case or a whole and we have to reduce down the boxes because of the lack of members, I would prefer that we not do the break then because then there are boxes left like the SP Signature hit, which was the best hit of all the boxes in the break. And the hit ended up going not where it should have to an owner of the teams, but to whomever bought the box from you.

I do not and I know others do not expect you to cover the costs of the extra, so this might be the best thing for you and for everyone.

I understand Balenac likes the preorders possibly done earlier, but I have no problem if we have to pay $2-10 more per break to go through Dave & Adams or Blowout or whomever and do it the Sunday before if we are full and not having to do a partial break.

This is not a knock on you Gary at all, I appreciate the breaks and what you do, I am just throwing this out there for everyone to think about the future as it might make things easier and better.

+Quote Post
Prophecy Guy
post Jan 1 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #66

Problem Solver
Group Icon

Transactions: 328

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I co-sign the above statement.

As nlr said, this is NOT - by any means - an indictment of you or your breaks. I'm a huge fan of GForce083 breaks, as denoted by my perfect attendance in them throughout the last year.

That being said, I agree with Brit's statement about perhaps finding another supplier. For me, there are 2 important facets of group breaks that are being affected here. First off, my primary team (other than the Lions, which are random) is the Dolphins - when I have to pay more for less boxes, getting a 3rd team (that no matter who it is, I likely don't collect) isn't appealing to me. Secondly, the allure of breaking a case includes being assured of the 'case hit' - breaking anything less than that doesn't give the same guarantee.

I would be willing to pay the additional costs as well if it meant going to Blowout or Dave and Adam's, as well as being willing to cancel a break if it can't get a full contingent of members. It's harder this year with so many teams that have 'double-dipped' on the collectible rookies: (San Fran - Crabtree, Davis, Coffee; Detroit - Stafford, Pettigrew; Philly - Maclin, McCoy; Jets - Sanchez, Greene) If they were more spread out, these breaks would be easier to fill - but since that can't change, something else might have to.

Again, I want to reiterate that I am still a huge fan of your breaks and hope to participate in them long into the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
Prophecy Guy

The 1st rule of Group Breaks is that you do not message Prophecy Guy about your group breaks.

The 2nd rule of Group Breaks is that you do NOT message Prophecy Guy about your group breaks.

The 3rd rule of Group Breaks is that if you can’t take the time to spell out words like “you” or “for”, I can’t trust that you’ll take the time to take care of my cards.

The 4th rule of Group Breaks is that if you incessantly bump your group break thread after I’ve joined it, I will drop out rather than be an accessory to obnoxiousness.

More to come…

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 2 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #67

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(nlr4434 @ Jan 1 2010, 11:03 PM)

When I sign up and I see we are doing a full half case or a whole and we have to reduce down the boxes because of the lack of members, I would prefer that we not do the break then because then there are boxes left like the SP Signature hit, which was the best hit of all the boxes in the break. And the hit ended up going not where it should have to an owner of the teams, but to whomever bought the box from you.

I hear what you are saying and I agree. The Pre-orders that do not fill on time end up costing me a lot of out of pocket money. I usually end up putting that money I don't have yet on my credit card which charges me interest even if I do eventually fill the break.

In regards to the SP Signature hit, you are right, that entire case should have been for the whole group. However, as you and everyone else knows we only filled 11 spots and the money collected for the 11 spots did not cover the entire case. I ended up shelling out over $400 of my OWN money to buy the entire case from Balenac. I unfortunately do not have an extra $400 to just let go and I had to sell the left over boxes to gain my loss back.

Depending on Balenac's response to this current situation I will figure out what I need to do from here on out. I'm going to make contact with some other suppliers today and kind of field whats out there.

+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 2 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #68

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Prophecy Guy @ Jan 1 2010, 11:20 PM)
I co-sign the above statement.

As nlr said, this is NOT - by any means - an indictment of you or your breaks. I'm a huge fan of GForce083 breaks, as denoted by my perfect attendance in them throughout the last year.

That being said, I agree with Brit's statement about perhaps finding another supplier. For me, there are 2 important facets of group breaks that are being affected here. First off, my primary team (other than the Lions, which are random) is the Dolphins - when I have to pay more for less boxes, getting a 3rd team (that no matter who it is, I likely don't collect) isn't appealing to me. Secondly, the allure of breaking a case includes being assured of the 'case hit' - breaking anything less than that doesn't give the same guarantee.

I would be willing to pay the additional costs as well if it meant going to Blowout or Dave and Adam's, as well as being willing to cancel a break if it can't get a full contingent of members. It's harder this year with so many teams that have 'double-dipped' on the collectible rookies: (San Fran - Crabtree, Davis, Coffee; Detroit - Stafford, Pettigrew; Philly - Maclin, McCoy; Jets - Sanchez, Greene) If they were more spread out, these breaks would be easier to fill - but since that can't change, something else might have to.

Again, I want to reiterate that I am still a huge fan of your breaks and hope to participate in them long into the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
Prophecy Guy

Noted. I agree with you guys. The price is really whats kept me around for Balenac so long but things like this really turn me off.

+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Jan 2 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #69

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Jan 2 2010, 01:10 PM)
I hear what you are saying and I agree. The Pre-orders that do not fill on time end up costing me a lot of out of pocket money. I usually end up putting that money I don't have yet on my credit card which charges me interest even if I do eventually fill the break.

In regards to the SP Signature hit, you are right, that entire case should have been for the whole group. However, as you and everyone else knows we only filled 11 spots and the money collected for the 11 spots did not cover the entire case. I ended up shelling out over $400 of my OWN money to buy the entire case from Balenac. I unfortunately do not have an extra $400 to just let go and I had to sell the left over boxes to gain my loss back. 

Depending on Balenac's response to this current situation I will figure out what I need to do from here on out. I'm going to make contact with some other suppliers today and kind of field whats out there.

I understand and no one like I said expects you to cover the extra money whether it be $40 or $400 at all, thats why I think it might be best not to do presells so early and just roll with or cancel a break the Sunday beforehand, that way we are breaking the full break and you are not out any possible money.

I know the money for the TTT is not covering the full boxes either so we are doing a partial and Contenders is looking like it might be the same, and after this issue, I think it is time to possibly revamp things.

This is not a knock on you at all G, just want to make things easier for everyone including you.

+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 2 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #70

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(nlr4434 @ Jan 2 2010, 12:39 PM)
I understand and no one like I said expects you to cover the extra money whether it be $40 or $400 at all, thats why I think it might be best not to do presells so early and just roll with or cancel a break the Sunday beforehand, that way we are breaking the full break and you are not out any possible money.

I know the money for the TTT is not covering the full boxes either so we are doing a partial and Contenders is looking like it might be the same, and after this issue, I think it is time to possibly revamp things.

This is not a knock on you at all G, just want to make things easier for everyone including you.

I didn't take it as a knock. I agree with what is being said. I going to try and give Contenders as long as possible to fill up. With all the on-card autos and Panini guaranteeing an on-card Stafford or Sanchecz or Harvin per case I think it's going to be a great product. I will spend more time today contacting other suppliers and seeing what they can offer to me.

+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Jan 4 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #71

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Any word on TTT?

+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 4 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #72

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Just got off the phone with Balenac and they said the case was shipped today via UPS Overnight. They didn't sound real happy about it and somewhat came across as the owner was no longer wanting to work together with me. I was told he'd be contacting me soon.

Kind of frustrating to think I've done a lot of photoshop/logo design and creation for them along with supporting their business through promotion. I will keep anything else to myself.

This should be a fun break none-the-less!

+Quote Post
quik59sat
post Jan 4 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #73

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: BK
Transactions: 257

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:36 AM)
Just got off the phone with Balenac and they said the case was shipped today via UPS Overnight. They didn't sound real happy about it and somewhat came across as the owner was no longer wanting to work together with me. I was told he'd be contacting me soon.

Kind of frustrating to think I've done a lot of photoshop/logo design and creation for them along with supporting their business through promotion. I will keep anything else to myself.

Thanks for the update G. Sorry to hear about your relationship with Balenac. Hope everything gets straightened out, if they do cut ties with you, it's their loss.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Jan 4 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #74

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:36 PM)

Appreciate the update, and definitely their loss as there are bigger fish in the sea

+Quote Post
otter8418
post Jan 4 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #75

TCC official Joe Haden collector!
Group Icon

First Name: Doug
Transactions: 173

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

don't they know that they are messing with the reigning champion of box breaks on TCC?? send the hairy-knuckled guys after them.

http://photobucket.com/otter8418

Interested in Astros, Browns, Rockets and anything Soccer

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 5 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #76

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Playing the UPS waiting game...haha

+Quote Post
mjda
post Jan 5 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #77

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Gary, can you please PM me when you plan on starting the broadcast. It's been a while since I've been able to watch one of your breaks and should be home this evening. Besides, this should be a great product to watch get busted! smile.gif

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Jan 5 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #78

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(mjda @ Jan 5 2010, 04:17 PM)
Gary, can  you please PM me when you plan on starting the broadcast. It's been a while since I've been able to watch one of your breaks and should be home this evening. Besides, this should be a great product to watch get busted! smile.gif

I'd like to bust at 7pm CT this evening if that works for the majority of the people. Still waiting on UPS though.

+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Jan 5 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #79

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

UPS better have it on their truck or else

+Quote Post
jmagilljr
post Jan 5 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #80

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: Jim

eBay: novaracer76

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Wow! My first TCC post and my first GForce break!!!

Gary, I would like to commend your honesty and applaud your character. Sorry to hear you may lose a good business contact, just remember today's business seems to be "what have you done for me lately?".

I've been keeping tabs on this thread and just thought maybe a newbie might offer a fresh idea on upcoming breaks. Maybe to change things up a bit, you offer a random team selection-only break, with no pre-break team selections. Another spin off from that would be to do a draft-style break where you have a product with a set amount of hits, then sell that number of spots (ie. 20 hits=20 spots) and a draft order is randomed with pick 1 getting first pick of whatever hit they want and so on.

Not sure if you've tried these or not and I don't want to step on any toes. Just thought I'd put that out there. If you're finding that you're having to come out of pocket for more breaks and reducing the lots of boxes, then these breaks will become increasingly dreadful to you. I personally don't want that to happen because eventually you'll get fed up and stop hosting, which I'm sure we all don't want to happen.

C'mon Brown!!!! Shoulda let Dale Jarret drive the truck. /js

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 23rd April 2024 - 08:16 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us