Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

oldspice_007's Blog
Anything and everything

entry Mar 28 2007, 10:26 PM
So in my last blog I was interning at the Canadian Cancer Society. I have moved on from them and am back at Durham College Athletics (Durham Lords).

Its pretty good to be back, I've been involved in Athletics since I started at the school. I take Sport Management at Durham for those that don't know. I worked in the summer 2 years ago and created game day programs and a lot of design work. Last year I was the manager of the Men's Basketball Team (In the team picture I'm far right).

Anywho right now I get to do a pretty sweet project. I get to hunt down a Division I school that wants to play our team in exhibition. NCAA teams are allowed to play in Canada every 4 years as exhibition games before they start training for the season. I'm pretty excited. I'm starting by figuring out what US teams have played Colleges/Universities in the last 4 years in all of Canada.
Going to be a big project.

Been picking up some sweet cards as you can see in the incoming section of my bucket. I'm looking forward to getting the Amare 1/1 printing plate. I also picked up 4-5 boxes (mostly retail) of eBay hoping for some mojo with those.

Schools almost over I graduate June 22, really looking forward to that. Next Tuesday is my last day of school (I have over a month at my internship left).

Got a girlfriend now, not sure if I mentioned that before, been a long time I've been single for over 3 years.

And thats about, can't wait for Easter!

entry Nov 15 2006, 02:28 AM
I'm doing my internship with the Canadian Cancer Society. Great people and great experience in sales and marketing as well as fundraising. Too me this is much more important then the Raptors.

Cancer is something close to me having my aunt taken away 2 years ago and my 12 year old cousin had to have surgery to partially remove a brain tumour.

I'm busy, my activity on the board has dropped significantly. I put in 12 hour days, 5 days a week and then the gf usually stops by for the week-end. So I'm booked solid.

I do get to watch a lot of NBA action which is great (too bad the Raptors aren't so hot right now).

Lots of cards coming in, need to seel some stuff and get some holiday money.

I'll update this with a Raptors rant and some more info soon.

Entry O BOY!

entry Sep 25 2006, 04:16 PM
Got some big news but I'll ramble a bit before I say what it is.

So the weekend kinda sucked, well I mean I was sick and coming down with something so there was a lot of sleeping involved. I do however officially have a girlfriend!

Made her dinner because it was her birthday last week and she loved it (salmon, shrimp, veggies and rice).

She left yesterday, I still feel like crap.

Someone cut the cables AGAIN!!

AGAIN!!!!

Unbelievable

Not gonna go there.

Stayed home from school and work today as I was still feeling sick.
Scanned my PC card for card took forever but it needed to be done.

Now for the big news!

I've got an interview for an internship with the Toronto Raptors this Thursday!!!
I'm super pumped, it's great I can't wait.

Anyone in the industry that wants to give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Anywho thats the news around here.

entry Sep 20 2006, 08:52 PM
So yea. Got furniture 2 weekends ago!

Hooray!

Last weekend was my friends 25th birthday so I got totally annihilated. I don't party that much but when I do I go ALL out.

It's my almost GF's birthday today so I'm taking her out for a night out on the town this weekend should be a good time.

This week's rant:

SOME @#$#%& KEEPS CUTTING THE SATELITE WIRE TO MY TV OUTSIDE!!!

So I don't get any channels. I know it could be a lot worse, but it's quite frustrating, we put a new one up yesterday and someone cut it down last night!

It's happened twice now, pretty sure its the next door neighbour. She works shiftwork and is up later then us (later then 4am) Not too sure what her problem is but I would really like to know.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that it is because one of my roomates is muslim. Now this an ASSUMPTION, but there is no other reason for it to happen. They've said that weird things have happened since they moved into the house. Someone dug up one of their plants out of their garden. Someone stole the broom and dustpan of the front porch. Other small things...

I don't really get it at all. We live in a townhouse that is somewhat close to the street but everything is visible. Thats why we think its the neighbour. O yea, I forgot to mention her cables are all fine and she lives 7-8 feet away from our house.
ODD!

Anyways that was quite the rant.

But it felt good.

Card update:

The Bosh collection is coming along quite strong. Made some purchases last night that I am quite happy with.

Maildays are extremely SLOW, I'm really not sure whats happening. It's taking on average about a month plus for me to get mail here now that I've moved. I'm not too happy.

Anyways thats it for today.

entry Sep 4 2006, 02:09 PM
So did the move on Saturday, NO TRUCK.

ARGHHHH!!!!

So no bed or furniture, I'm sleeping on a foam mat for the rest of the week and can't really entertain people unless they want to sit on the floor. But all in all I'm happy no problems with the move no complications. I can survive without furniture I'll be fine.

Today's a holiday but there isnt all that much to do if you dont have a car. Plus nothings open. So looking to make some trades guys, I NEED YOUR BOSH'S!!!!!

So I've got a basement apartment and the people that I have moved in with are really nice a couple a bit older then me and they seem like they are going to be great.

Got a big meeting about placement opportunities Wednesday at school. Still looking for a job with the Raptors.
Wish me luck!

Entry Aug.30

entry Aug 30 2006, 05:37 PM
Today wasn't anything special, but it wasn't anything bad.
So I can't/won't complain.

Had a great chat with Steven from the National Students Loan Centre to clear up any problems I may have with my upcoming school loan. Nice guy, but I felt bad for yelling at him (it's a long story, and yes I did apologize as I know what it feels like to be yelled at over the phone all too well).

Anywho, been cleaning up and getting ready for the move still.
Had lots of time to think about how weird it is to actually be done school after this year. This will be my 6th year heading back to school and I won't have anything to show for it until after this year. I CAN'T WAIT.

No call from the Raptors yet, here's to hoping.

entry Aug 29 2006, 04:04 PM
So I got this week off before school starts so I've been trying to do as much as I can with cards and getting organized for it before moving on Saturday.

Saturday is pissing me off already. Originally I had a truck to move, now it seems that is not guaranteed. No truck=No bed. Not a happy camper, but here's to hoping there's a truck in the driveway Saturday morning.

This is a big year and final year of school for me. It has been a long twisted path to get to where I want to go and now I think I'm in the right direction.

For those that don't know I take Sports Management. The program here is broad and is more focused on the individual seeking what they want to do instead of force feeding. What am I seeking? Good question, I would love to work for the Raptors for about 5 years and then settle down and own my own Basketball franchise in the Ontario Basketball League. It's rep basketball for boys and girls from 7-21.

I love coaching but it does not have much to do with my program at all so I will have to look elsewhere for credentials on that.

Back to cards, watching some Bosh auctions tonite, hoping to win a few.

Hope you enjoyed a little bit of reading about me.
Have a great day and God Bless.

SMTWTFS

Lo-Fi Version Time: 17th April 2024 - 10:31 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us