Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

captkirk42's Blog
Stuff about my collection

entry Apr 5 2017, 10:22 PM
Time for an Early April mail day, actually two mail days.

Monday 03 April 2017 was a one package mailday one Sportlots auction (the sight unseen one) a 5 card lot that was raised to the winning bid of $1.25 Shipping a whopping $5.00 super sealed as the package was sent using "BuyMyCards.Net" Each card individually penny sleeved, all 5 card sandwiched between two card sized pieces of cardboard all sealed inside a clear plastic bag, which was in a larger sealed bag the surrounding envelope was taped real good. BuyMyCards.Net looks to mean business. Anyway the mystery of these cards was they were a 5 card lot from the 1965 Topps Baseball set for my "Strive For '65" set build. A few weeks ago I had bid on a similar auction from this guy for 10 cards from '65 but was outbid on that one. Anyway since this guys auctions never have pictures I wasn't sure if I should risk it I could have gotten 5 duplicates. I lucked out and only 2 of the 5 were duplicates:
So here are the 5 cards finally:
1965 Topps Baseball:
84 Ron Herbel Giants(dupe)
93 Jack Fisher Mets
100 Ken Boyer Cardinals (dupe)
315 Frank Malzone Red Sox
365 Jim Gentile Athletics

Tuesday 04 April 2017: 3 card 3 envelope/package Birthday Mail Day.

Card one was from a contest from TCC member dlackey (Dennis) it was a "Guess the Number" contest. The number was from 1-100 but had nothing to do with the card itself, it was just a random number. The card is a very PC card both in player and team.
2011 Panini Playoff Contenders: Prospect Ticket: RT-10 Anthony Rendon Washington Red crackly ice? Or Red refractor, regular refractor? Crackly Refractor? After looking at the dang checklists I think it is called "Crystal". So it is the "Prospect Ticket Crystal Collection" I guess. Serial number is 223/299 sort of a "jersey number" for him since 23 is the jersey number he is showing from his college days at Rice

Package 2: 1 card Sportlots auction another auction that got a few bids won it for $1.25 + $2.25 shipping
1959 Topps Football: 126 Los Angeles Rams Pennant the back has some "kids" name/signature Brian Room? Brian Rook? Brian Junior? Brian Roo? Brian Root? anyway the name is blue ink scripted Brian something

Package 3: 1 card Sportlots Auction Hey this one came from Canada! Bid 25¢ + $3.39 This card falls into my same name "Kirk" Niche (nitch) PC
2013 Ace Authentic Grand Slam Tennis: Autograph BA-JK1 Jessica Kirkland on silver sticker black sharpie auto - She looks to be a pretty cute redhead. When I looked up her career it seemed she only played for about 7 years.

« Next Oldest · captkirk42's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Picture
User Photo

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 06:01 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us