Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TCC is slowing down...., at a scary rate

Tb40
post Mar 23 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #21

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Matt
Transactions: 301
(View: Pending | Failed)

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Actually, I've working for a new company Alex. I'm in food sales now. I meant to PM you this weekend. I finally found a few of those 2006-07 Big Game cards. I'll get you a list by the end of the week.
Thanks, Matt

QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 23 2011, 10:34 PM)
"and now I'm stuck in this crappy economy.  "
Hamburgers are not hurting in this city...what u talking about Matt?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

Looking for Spurs Rcs,Autos,Patches in basketball,Von Miller, Jerrod Johnson, Acie law, Dejuan Blair, Dat Nguyen John David Crow, John Kimbrough, and Astros Rc's, Autos, Patches in Baseball.

GU/Auto Tradelist

Rc/Insert Tradelist

My Photobucket

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Mar 23 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #22

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 335

eBay: stevescollectibles9432

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Tb40 @ Mar 23 2011, 11:25 PM)
As the great Mr. Emerick stated in this thread.  We control our own destiny on this site.  If we are concerned about the number of posts and activity then we all simply need to step it up and post away with relevant posts. 
Thanks,
Matt

Agreed!

Well stated and well put.

This site is what we make it.

Start makin' the change(s) and do it immediately.

We, the "collectors"/hobbyists" are the impetus,
the creators of sites like this. We have come
together to form a community of enthusiast's, newcomers
and hangers-on.

We are the best that there is. If you believe this then
I suggest you get to typing real fast.

My Hobby is neither dead nor is this site.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Mar 24 2011, 07:13 AM
Post #23

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1507

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gottabe @ Mar 23 2011, 01:13 PM)
No offense but I don't think the NBA or NHL could carry a site like this one on it's own.

Believe it or not there is at least one NHL site that I think does (CNC). They do a lot of live streaming of group breaks and box breaks and just live chatting (think they own a shop now and host all breaks). They get a good bit of activity in hockey and seem to be one of the better NHL sites. I think there are others as well, but really do not frequent many sites outside of here. One of the things they do is send lots of email blasts, I get roughly one a day, even though I don't go over to the site very often.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Beavers98
post Mar 24 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #24

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Brandon
Transactions: 148

eBay: beavers98

SportsBuy: 112178

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I agree with a lot of what has been said. I really like TCC, and that's where I spend most of my online hobby time, but I do browse a couple other sites... Funny this SAME question was brought up recently on those sites sites as well, so it's not just here, which probably leans more to economic issues, but also even though the NBA and NHL are on right now, it isn't playoff time yet and it's still offseason in NFL and pretty much MLB)spring), so it's kind of a "dead" time.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
pwolantern
post Mar 24 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #25

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Ken
Transactions: 126

eBay: steel1488

Awards:
April 2012 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 23 2011, 11:33 PM)
I have the solution and lucky for us its the right time of year. Free small packs of marshmallow peeps to new members. Large packs if you make 3 trades a month.

Where was this incentive when I joined? tongue.gif

http://photobucket.com/Pwolantern

My Manningham White Whales
user posted imageuser posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
WestCoastSkinsFan
post Mar 24 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #26

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Samuel
Transactions: 907

Awards:
2010 Best Autograph Card 2009 Best Card PERIOD! 2008 Pack Pull of the Year!

View Gallery

Create Transaction

It's already been said, but it's worth repeating: this site is what you make it. If you're concerned about the volume of people coming in here and poking around, create something that people would want to be a part of. If you're already a part of something and you're passionate about it, spread the word!

I became a part of TCC in part because of some of the awesome contests being held here. So, in turn, I've done my best to contribute to them from time to time. Just look at some of the activity drummed up from threads like "Pay it Forward", thesobons' "It's been a year" thread, and of course, the perpetual "Snake" thread. We have some new great ones like "The Chain" as well! Start something new, and maybe you'll have a thread spanning multiple years.

On the second part of things, like I said, spread the word. In our football group break on here, we've been running for YEARS. I don't know how many people I've told that about at local card shows, card stores, etc. Not everyone has become a part of it (Some, like my pal SuPaDuPa916 do), but it's led to new members coming on for different reasons. It just takes word-of-mouth!

Bucket: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t243/westcoastskinsfan/

user posted image

The one and only Fred/Otis Amey Super-Collector. I'll trade 10x in your favor for his cards that I don't have!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
thesobons
post Mar 24 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #27

Aaron Rodgers Colector
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 5
First Name: Robert
Transactions: 327

eBay: thesobons

SportsBuy: 114587

Awards:
Most Generous Member - 2007, Best Member Topic - 2007

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I too agree.

For me it's been a new house, dogs, family and work. Having to commute to work takes a couple hours out of each day.

I'm more than willing to start a new BIG contest thread.

Maybe for referals, "I came back to TCC because of _____" or ???

There are a lot of new sites in the past few years - Blowoutcards forum, FCB, Sportscardradio Forum, .... so when people can't find the traders here, they are going elsewhere.

I know other site have advertised at cardshows, on blogger sites, ... do we need to do this?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image
Robert - thesobons (AKA - Cardsnwine on other sites & Twitter)
user posted image
Thank you Eliptic for the Banner!

My Aaron Rodgers Collection Photobucket (in progress)

Looking For Aaron Rodgers, Jermichael Finley, Clay Matthews, Donald Driver, AJ Hawk and other Packers (Rookies, GU & Autos). Also 49ers from 70's-90's GU & Autos.

My Bucket - Getting started

+Quote Post
Krusin
post Mar 24 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #28

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Bud
Transactions: 33

eBay: tn_krusin

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Down cycle, nothing to worry about

user posted image

+Quote Post
Johnny Number 5
post Mar 24 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #29

Unregistered

View Gallery

Create Transaction

TCC is Just fine in my book..

Look at all of these cards for sale!

http://www.tradingcardcentral.com/forums/i...opic=296880&hl=

+Quote Post
rtsjr
post Mar 24 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #30

Unregistered

View Gallery

Create Transaction

ask not what tcc can do for you
but what you can do to help make tcc better

+Quote Post
MWS
post Mar 24 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #31

TCC's Mr Mail Day
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 235

eBay: sanspurs08

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Free cards tomorrow!!!

Hey it works for Joe's Crab Shack.

BUCKET
[img]

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Mar 24 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #32

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 967

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2012 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07

View Gallery

Create Transaction

amen to my boy robert to paraphrase the great Miiiissssstttttteeeerrrrr Kennedy.. Kennedy laugh.gif

You know, and Brian feel free to chime in, I remember a time back in TCC infancy when guys like brian, Bob and myself, stumbled over ourselves and threads just for fun.. WHY??? Because we made this home. We hung are hats and became a band of brother and sisters.

Im still here, Brian is still here too.. and we got dwight and cody and richard and shawn and Ken and Brandon and Matt and well hopefully you get the picture.

What does that sentence say??

IT SAYS VOLUMES! IT SAYS WE ARE COMMUNITY WHETHER WE ARE TWO OR A THOUSAND OR 30,000!

Dont take this the wrong way, I dont come here for the trades, or the show and tell or the contest. I come here to participate in my community. We could talk about the weather, music, fuel prices..No wait , lets not talk about that ohmy.gif , The fact is, I just enjoy the company of each and everyone of you.

END OF STORY!

So, that being said, Im not stressing on who aint here or who aint trading, or why is there only 12 new posts tonight or... Why? Because we as a community have been there done that and there isnt a darn thing any of us can do to control what is outside of our control.

I know.. NO I REALLY KNOW.. that this is my home, this is my comfort food, my Linus Blanket if you will, volume means nothing, quantity does NOT equal QUALITY never has never will.

If it takes a contest to draw back old faces then what is there to really gain, a few short term posts and boom back to just us.

I say everyone comes back around. We just need to be here when they do!

I could make a thousand more trades with Robert and be thrilled for the rest of my life.

I could sit and talk Hockey hobby with brian/dwight for days on end and die happy.

I can discuss the beauty of the Quaker Oats guy blowing bubbles on the back of Ginter with Richard and be satisfied.

I can set and read old posts all night and laugh till I cry.

I can chat with my boy ken anytime.

I can enjoy the excitement thru mr 264 show and tell as his volume grows.

I can keep tabs on Capt Courageous over in the sandbox and pray for him, his wife and child every night.

I can relive my youth talking to Cody.

I have friends for life Like Luke2411 I can drop a call to and discuss the beautiful Lydia with!

Heck the election for '12 will be just around the corner so I can get on my political soapbox wink.gif unsure.gif But I wont! well maybe.. just a little!

PS I dont mean to forget anyone but my fingers are tired and Ive said a mouthful already Cause there are 100 times more I didnt mention that I did who are just as important to me as the particulars I mentioned.

I have all I need and more, just look around and you may see what I see!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Mar 24 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #33

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 335

eBay: stevescollectibles9432

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hallelujah!

Well put, Steve,

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Mar 25 2011, 07:07 AM
Post #34

Legend
Group Icon

Transactions: 1507

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

^
|
|
|
|
|
|

Good readin' just 2 posts above! biggrin.gif

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
rtsjr
post Mar 25 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #35

Unregistered

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 24 2011, 09:10 PM)
amen to my boy robert to paraphrase the great Miiiissssstttttteeeerrrrr Kennedy.. Kennedy laugh.gif

You know, and Brian feel free to chime in, I remember a time back in TCC infancy when guys like brian, Bob and myself, stumbled over ourselves and threads just for fun.. WHY??? Because we made this home. We hung are hats and became a band of brother and sisters.

Im still here, Brian is still here too.. and we got dwight and cody and richard and shawn and Ken and Brandon and Matt and well hopefully you get the picture.

What does that sentence say??

IT SAYS VOLUMES! IT SAYS WE ARE COMMUNITY WHETHER WE ARE TWO OR A THOUSAND OR 30,000!

Dont take this the wrong way, I dont come here for the trades, or the show and tell or the contest. I come here to participate in my community. We could talk about the weather, music, fuel prices..No wait , lets not talk about that ohmy.gif , The fact is, I just enjoy the company of each and everyone of you.

END OF STORY!

So, that being said, Im not stressing on who aint here or who aint trading, or why is there only 12 new posts tonight or... Why? Because we as a community have been there done that and there isnt a darn thing any of us can do to control what is outside of our control.

I know.. NO I REALLY KNOW.. that this is my home, this is my comfort food, my Linus Blanket if you will, volume means nothing, quantity does NOT equal QUALITY never has never will.

If it takes a contest to draw back old faces then what is there to really gain, a few short term posts and boom back to just us.

I say everyone comes back around. We just need to be here when they do!

I could make a thousand more trades with Robert and be thrilled for the rest of my life.

I could sit and talk Hockey hobby with brian/dwight for days on end and die happy.

I can discuss the beauty of the Quaker Oats guy blowing bubbles on the back of Ginter with Richard and be satisfied.

I can set and read old posts all night and laugh till I cry.

I can chat with my boy ken anytime.

I can enjoy the excitement thru mr 264 show and tell as his volume grows.

I can keep tabs on Capt Courageous over in the sandbox and pray for him, his wife and child every night.

I can relive my youth talking to Cody.

I have friends for life Like Luke2411 I can drop a call to and discuss the beautiful Lydia with!

Heck the election for '12 will be just around the corner so I can get on my political soapbox  wink.gif  unsure.gif But I wont! well maybe.. just a little!

PS I dont mean to forget anyone but my fingers are tired and Ive said a mouthful already Cause there are 100 times more I didnt mention that I did who are just as important to me as the particulars I mentioned.

I have all I need and more, just look around and you may see what I see!

ty short and sweet and to the point, many of these younger collectors need to get more involved, they are the torch for the future of out hobby

+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Mar 25 2011, 09:33 AM
Post #36

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Awards:
Member of the Month September 2008

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Couldn't have stated it any better Steve. It was the "family" feel that caused me to stick around, and what keeps me here instead of other card sites, as the couple I have tried did not have that feeling to it at all. Would I like more activity? Yes. Do I need to deal with anymore trainwrecks/migraine inducing transactions? I can do without that actually laugh.gif So to me becomes a quality over quantity deal, more folks would be cool but not if it means more users/abusers. That and new folks get added to the "family" all the time, as "like" folks get hooked on the atmosphere here and follow the lead of some of the fine and generous folks here.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
bajmurray
post Mar 25 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #37

bajmurray
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 377

eBay: bajmurray

Awards:
2009 ROY - Newcomer December 2009 TCC Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I agree with those who have mentioned the community aspect of the site.

I first got involved for group breaks (which still makes up a large part of my participation). However, I find the comraderie to one of the best parts.

Although She Who Must Be Obeyed has never been on the site, she knows exactly who I'm talking about when I bring up Urbanmonk, Bob264, crpalmi, chadb and the others whom I interact with here. Other than with Bob264, (for obvious reasons) she doesn't even know their real names!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

HOF GU/AUTO Collection status:
Baseball 86 ~ Football 132 ~ Hockey 89

Please check out my ebay store: Murray's Sports Collectibles.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Murrays-Sports...s__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/bajmurray/

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
edgerrin32
post Mar 25 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #38

TCC's mr. talk a lot! :)>
Group Icon

First Name: Jason
Transactions: 37

Awards:
November 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Whats this I hear??? Hold on my imaginary friend says he really likes the trade-a-thon idea! And maybe sales could count this time? O and he says he loves it here at TCC just as much as I do!

Just remember if you don't help make it better, then in a way you make it worse!

I think the site will be fine. Everything goes through a down time at some point. It cant always be perfect and hopping. There are days where its really slow and days where you cant keep up! So just help make it better and if it is slow just think the next day will be busy! wink.gif cool.gif

And if you read a topic and have something to add please do! Don't just close the topic, add a reply (all info is helpful) and the reason someone posted something is to get reply's!

If you think you have something that might make for a good topic, post it up! I love to read good stuff!

Just remember TCC is not a site! Is a community. And we have to make the best of it. No one can do it by there self. Not me, not you, not him, not her, not them, but all of us!!!

POST AWAY AND HAVE FUN!! cool.gif

Always looking for Edgerrin James and Javarris James cards I need!

CLICK HERE for my collections and for my for sale and for trade Stuff!

**MY WANTS**
-2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub auto versions only. Base set of stubs is done!
-2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto version.
-Colts Super Bowl tickets from any Super Bowl they played in. Prefer full tickets but would be open to stubs as well. Only tickets from the Manning ERA!
-A Super Bowl ticket or stub from the AZ Cardinals and Steelers.
-Any full ticket or stub that has Edgerrin James on it!
-Edgerrin James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Any checklist that has Edgerrin or Javarris James name on it!
-Any cards of the actors from Married With Children.
-Ice-T auto- From Razor.
-Some of the Celebrity GU and autos. Mostly famous movie actors I like. Nothing super high end.

I am back!!!

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
catcherball
post Mar 28 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #39

Catcher's Dad
Group Icon

First Name: Brent
Transactions: 17

eBay: catcherball

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I agree with all the optimistic opinions. Genuinely, I think the economy has taken its toll and stuff like this is fairly cyclical, but I think it might go beyond just staying active....which i most definitely will, cause i love this site and community......but the site is fairly outdated ( a lot of old stuff hanging around) and the threads are very well kept, by that i mean, we see things like in Pack Pulls right now, the pack pull of the week is for the week of Nov 13th, that is coming more and more common. I know people are busy and the community is still thriving to a degree, but I do think these things play a factor in how much TCC is slowing down.

My Bucket: Looking to trade anytime.

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/c...d%20Collection/

Just updated bucket and a bunch already added today (2 February), currently collecting Gronkowski, Tebow, and Best

Always collecting McCann and Chipper

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Mar 28 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #40

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

Transactions: 179

eBay: beanschat

SportsBuy: 122015

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:
June 2009 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

hey guys...I have noticed it is pretty slow....and I admit that I havent been around here much the last few months...just had to wander a bit....hmmm maybe it is time to do another Dollar Daze...seems it was about a year ago...

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th December 2014 - 04:19 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us