Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

3 Pages < 1 2 3 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Where's the passion, folks?, I recall boisterous dialogue here.

redwing40
post Dec 1 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #41

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

QUOTE(pogue_mahone @ Dec 1 2015, 10:32 AM)
The future president of the United States?....haha.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34930042

Cripple don't mean stupid, I'm sure like the rest of the media keeps insulting him, screw the media, like I said before, there's no one worth voting for, scrap them all and start over, its a circus of idiots, Trump is the only one I like, he'll tell ya how it really is and folk don't like it even though its the truth mad.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Dec 2 2015, 12:56 AM
Post #42

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 335

eBay: stevescollectibles9432

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

Create Transaction

He (Donald Trump) represents the filth and detritus of our generation.

We (my generation) were supposed to cure the problems and ill-health of this Democracy. We have failed, miserably and completely.

God, help us!

If y'all care about the future of this country, I'll pass along this little piece of information. Know your candidates, know their platforms and beliefs and know them well. In the end, when you go into the voting booth, be true to our American ideals.

Do it well and please, do it with some knowledge.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
redwing40
post Dec 2 2015, 06:42 AM
Post #43

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

But Richard, Who will lead us, who is that candidate? It's very hard to trust anyone that runs, they all say how they are gonna make things right but nothing ever does.

Show us the light, who has the True information, the media I don't trust.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Dec 4 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #44

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I loathe defeatist attitudes.

Look for alternatives to the status quo.

This ain't working, Republicans working for anything that is anti Obama. And really, what does that mean? Voting for anything? When did they last vote for a consequential law or outlaw?

Try BBC and even Al Jazeera, they tend to be a bit less capitalist than your typical news broadcaster. They tend to ask the real questions.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
aceecards
post Dec 4 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #45

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(RGBII @ Dec 4 2015, 08:00 PM)
I loathe defeatist attitudes.

Look for alternatives to the status quo.

This ain't working, Republicans working for anything that is anti Obama. And really, what does that mean? Voting for anything? When did they last vote for a consequential law or outlaw?

Try BBC  and even Al Jazeera, they tend to be a bit less capitalist than your typical news broadcaster. They tend to ask the real questions.
Collect Hard!,
RGBII

and who are you supporting?

a real name?

dont beat around the jeb bush.. tell us who you think of this shallow pool , will take care of us for then next 4 years?>

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Jan 2 2016, 12:07 PM
Post #46

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 259

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 12 2015, 09:16 AM)
nobody here to get boisterous with.

We are all mystified by how horrible our country has turned out

I'll spar with you Steve. Whats one more round between old friends?

QUOTE(RGBII @ Nov 14 2015, 03:40 AM)
This is pathetic.

Sorry to interrupt y'alls coma.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Looks like you were in a coma also brother.

QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 14 2015, 08:49 AM)
im just happy our pinnochio in chief is almost outta here!

what a loser and what a disastrous last 8 years.

We have seen the progression of terrorist, loss of faith in business in this country, rampant illegal immigration. a disaster called obamacare, a weakened miitary, more entitlement than ever and a disheartened youth!

we need a freaking leader!

So much to address my friend...

Progression of terrorist:
You do understand how Isis was able to flourish? You do understand how we got to his point, don't you? A wasted war in Iraq got us in this predicament. Isis would have never flourished had we not ignored the UN and invaded a country that had NOTHING to do with 9/11. That combined with the abuse at Abu Ghraib created the very ideology peddled in ISIS. We ousted Sunni rule and basically invited the rival Shia sect to take over. Lastly, lets not ignore that during the during last 8 years there have more domestic terrorsist attacks from people sharing your political views verses Muslim extremist domestic attacks.

Loss of faith in business:
Loss of faith in business? Really? Please elaborate.

Rampant illegal immigration:
This a tough one. Does immigration need to be addressed? Yes. But this reply isn't the place to address such an important topic. Especially, since we all know where you stand and have no objections with a border wall. (Similar to the one in Berlin)

Obamacare:
Are you living under a rock or really that biased? There is no denying that "ObamaCare" is working. There's no point even arguing this one. Im surprised republicans havent started giving Mitt Romney all the credit for it. But you mark my word... They'll change history and erase all the republican attacks from the books and give the credit to Romney. wink.gif

Weakened Military:
You can't type vague talking points and expect a reply. I'd still rather have our military, then someone else's. Who's military would you rather have right now?

Entitlement & Disheartened youth:
Since you are so in touch with todays youth and what's important to us please due tell. Let us know what problems we're facing and whats making us disheartened and how it directly relates to POTUS. I remember you predicting high unemployment, high gas prices and yada, yada, yada and none of your predictions came true. Our economy is booming brother. At the highest point in the last 8 years.

QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 18 2015, 03:04 PM)
I LIKE A TICKET OF TRUMP CRUZ!

goodbye mosques, goodbye  illegal immigrants and their children

hello good government!

Do you do know that your above statement makes you look like a heartless, racists bigot?

Anyone who takes Trump serious, can't be taken serious either. Trump/Cruz ticket, Really?

And Cruz... He's a lunatic. Thats not coming from a liberal or democrat, which I am neither. In this day and age with the internet, youtube, fact checkers, social media.... How could anyone endorse this possible presidential ticket unless they were either:

A- Ignorant. (Not in a demeaning way but simply uniformed)
B- Low education level
C- Racists
D- Pure Crazy
E- Drinking the Kool-Aid as Steve says

Even my republican friends are scared of this ticket. There's no way this ticket will even happen brother.

Jeremy

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jan 2 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #47

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Ilovetheheat @ Jan 2 2016, 12:07 PM)
I'll spar with you Steve. Whats one more round between old friends?
Looks like you were in a coma also brother.
So much to address my friend...

Progression of terrorist:
You do understand how Isis was able to flourish? You do understand how we got to his point, don't you? A wasted war in Iraq got us in this predicament. Isis would have never flourished had we not ignored the UN and invaded a country that had NOTHING to do with 9/11. That combined with the abuse at Abu Ghraib created the very ideology peddled in ISIS. We ousted Sunni rule and basically invited the rival Shia sect to take over. Lastly, lets not ignore that during the during last 8 years there have more domestic terrorsist attacks from people sharing your political views verses Muslim extremist domestic attacks.

Loss of faith in business:
Loss of faith in business? Really? Please elaborate.

Rampant illegal immigration:
This a tough one. Does immigration need to be addressed? Yes. But this reply isn't the place to address such an important topic. Especially, since we all know where you stand and  have no objections with a border wall. (Similar to the one in Berlin)

Obamacare:
Are you living under a rock or really that biased? There is no denying that "ObamaCare" is working. There's no point even arguing this one. Im surprised republicans havent started giving Mitt Romney all the credit for it. But you mark my word... They'll change history and erase all the republican attacks from the books and give the credit to Romney. wink.gif
Weakened Military:
You can't type vague talking points and expect a reply. I'd still rather have our military, then someone else's. Who's military would you rather have right now?

Entitlement & Disheartened youth:
Since you are so in touch with todays youth and what's important to us please due tell. Let us know what problems we're facing and whats making us disheartened and how it directly relates to POTUS. I remember you predicting high unemployment, high gas prices and yada, yada, yada and none of your predictions came true. Our economy is booming brother. At the highest point in the last 8 years.
Do you do know that your above statement makes you look like a heartless, racists bigot?

Anyone who takes Trump serious, can't be taken serious either. Trump/Cruz ticket,  Really?

And Cruz... He's a lunatic. Thats not coming from a liberal or democrat, which I am neither. In this day and age with the internet, youtube, fact checkers, social media.... How could anyone endorse this possible presidential ticket unless they were either:

A- Ignorant. (Not in a demeaning way but simply uniformed)
B- Low education level
C- Racists
D- Pure Crazy
E- Drinking the Kool-Aid as Steve says

Even my republican friends are scared of this ticket. There's no way this ticket will even happen brother.

Jeremy

in very simple terms. Im not afraid of it at all!

So I see lots of who not to vote for are you distolling the virtues of a female?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Jan 2 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #48

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 259

View Gallery

Create Transaction

^^^
"Distilling the virtues of a female"... Not sure how to respond to that one...

But to reply to the first part of your post... If I were voting republican, I'll admit the pickings are slim. Jesus, Romney and McCain look good compared to those nuts running this cycle. Rand Paul will never get the vote, Carson is done, same for Cruz and Trump.... I believe the American people are smarter than that.

Bush's numbers are horrible and he's cursed with that last name... Rubio perhaps? Considered young and handsome... IDK Steve... Not looking good over there.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jan 2 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #49

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Ilovetheheat @ Jan 2 2016, 05:30 PM)
^^^
"Distilling the virtues of a female"... Not sure how to respond to that one...

But to reply to the first part of your post... If I were voting republican, I'll admit the pickings are slim. Jesus, Romney and McCain look good compared to those nuts running this cycle. Rand Paul will never get the vote, Carson is done, same for Cruz and Trump.... I believe the American people are smarter than that.

Bush's numbers are horrible and he's cursed with that last name... Rubio perhaps? Considered young and handsome... IDK Steve... Not looking good over there.

Im pleased as heck with my pickings over here!

Again trump is my boy! I know a lot of people feel the same way!

Lets get america great again!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
mjda
post Jan 3 2016, 11:12 AM
Post #50

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I, personally, just want someone to take all these political correctness people and tell them to shove it, so right now I'm leaning towards Trump or Cruz. I wanted Carson, but he's out of it I'm afraid. I'm just so sick of everyone getting so offended over every little thing. We can't do anything anymore without someone getting offended and filing a law suit. This is America. Everyone should be free to do whatever they want. As long as what they want to do doesn't negatively affect anyone else, let them do it. I also like the idea of having a successful business man in the office.

That said, I also cannot vote for either of the Democrats simply because I don't believe people should become dependent on the government and that's exactly what Dems seem to want to happen. I'm all for helping those who are unable to help themselves, or those single parents who need assistance. I'm all for that. If they need help with rent/food/utilities, I'm all for that. But that's it. The government shouldn't supply them with a cell phone, or send them a check for doing nothing. I'm not talking about disability, either. Those who are disabled should absolutely get assistance with things other than rent/food. Those who are in perfectly good health, though, rent/food/utilities and nothing else! They can work for whatever else they want/need.

</endrant>

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Jan 3 2016, 11:17 AM
Post #51

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(mjda @ Jan 3 2016, 12:12 PM)
I, personally, just want someone to take all these political correctness people and tell them to shove it, so right now I'm leaning towards Trump or Cruz. I wanted Carson, but he's out of it I'm afraid. I'm just so sick of everyone getting so offended over every little thing. We can't do anything anymore without someone getting offended and filing a law suit. This is America. Everyone should be free to do whatever they want. As long as what they want to do doesn't negatively affect anyone else, let them do it. I also like the idea of having a successful business man in the office.

That said, I also cannot vote for either of the Democrats simply because I don't believe people should become dependent on the government and that's exactly what Dems seem to want to happen. I'm all for helping those who are unable to help themselves, or those single parents who need assistance. I'm all for that. If they need help with rent/food/utilities, I'm all for that. But that's it. The government shouldn't supply them with a cell phone, or send them a check for doing nothing. I'm not talking about disability, either. Those who are disabled should absolutely get assistance with things other than rent/food. Those who are in perfectly good health, though, rent/food/utilities and nothing else! They can work for whatever else they want/need.

</endrant>

Amen!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
captkirk42
post Jan 3 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #52

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I agree with what Mike said about the PCBS. Don't like it there wasn't any room for it 20-30 years ago and there is even less room for it today.

I hate the knee-jerk PC reactions to things. Especially the ones that assume every thing is in black and white. MOST issues are NOT JUST black and white there is a lot of gray area in everything.

I don't know any of the Dems that I would even want in office. Even though I am registered as a Democrat there have been several general elections where I voted for the Republican. IN MD to vote in the primaries you have to be either Dem or Rep to vote the primaries. I have been tempted sometimes to be registered independent but I like being able to exercise my RIGHT to vote in the primaries. When I was 18 when I registered I wasn't all that into politics so I just sided with the party that most of my family was at the time. IN the General elections I don't pay attention to which party is which just which candidates I prefer. Sometimes it is a choice between a snake and a scorpion.

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
pogue_mahone
post Jan 3 2016, 09:24 PM
Post #53

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: AJ
Transactions: 23

Awards:
Member of the Month- Dec 2014

View Gallery

Create Transaction

@Ilovetheheat You raised a lot of good points. Too bad Steve couldn't take the blinders off and didn't respond to a single one of them. Similar response to my post a few weeks back.

His comment about the virtues of a female make me wonder too. Scary how ignorant parts of the American population can seem.

MLB Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Jan 7 2016, 03:25 AM
Post #54

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Kinda' hate the fact that y'all hate.

Have no doubts, I will vote Left/Blue/Anything other than y'all? Y'all will be defined (when I write in this forum) as you xenophobic, self-righteous, semi-anarchists.

If I haven't covered all "y'alls" bias and neanderthalistic tendencies, please forgive me. Quite sure that I can commit more time and attentive vocabulary. "Y'all" are doomed.

These huge topics of disinformation or plain stupidity take effort and, unfortunately, my dear sweet time. Recall the 2004 Presidential election . . .

We were right and "y'all" were wrong. We're gonna stomp "y'all" without mercy or respect this time. If you can't sense or otherwise glean this simple fact, it will only be that much more an adorable concession on "y'alls" part.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
mjda
post Jan 7 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #55

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(RGBII @ Jan 7 2016, 03:25 AM)
Kinda' hate the fact that y'all hate.

Have no doubts, I will vote Left/Blue/Anything other than y'all?  Y'all will be defined (when I write in this forum) as you xenophobic, self-righteous, semi-anarchists.

If I haven't covered all "y'alls" bias and neanderthalistic  tendencies, please forgive me. Quite sure that I can commit more time and attentive vocabulary. "Y'all" are doomed.

These huge topics of disinformation or plain stupidity take effort and, unfortunately, my dear sweet time. Recall the 2004 Presidential election . . .

We were right and "y'all" were wrong. We're gonna stomp "y'all" without mercy or respect this time. If you can't sense or otherwise glean this simple fact, it will only be that much more an adorable concession on "y'alls" part.
Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Seriously, you're calling others self-righteous? That's one of the funniest things I've seen in this forum, maybe ever. laugh.gif

...and since when do you resort to name calling?

...and mocking southern dialect?

rolleyes.gif

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
msw_sportscards
post Mar 2 2016, 12:58 PM
Post #56

Collect Hard!!! RIP RGBII
Group Icon

First Name: Marc
Transactions: 84

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I don't consider myself all that political. I don't subscribe fully to either party and, thus, consider myself independent choosing to support who I think is the right candidate. Most of the time, the person who gets my support is the person that I think will be best for the middle-class. Sadly, I don't think politicians on either side of the aisle give a crap about the middle-class other than taxing the pants off them or holding them down so that needs of special interests can be met which leaves me with a tough choice this year. I think Ben Carson was probably the best candidate in the field: intelligent, fiscally conservative, and anti-establishment. Consequently, it doesn't look like Ben will be around much longer.
Trump and Cruz lead the Republican party in delegates at this moment.
Trump: brash, controversial, attention hound.
Cruz: ultra-radical conservative who may not even be a natural citizen and, thus, ineligible to ascend to the Presidency of the United States.
On the Democrat side, we have Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton.
Bernie: Socialist, keeps saying that everything is going to be provided free by the government? I hate to interrupt, but the government gets its money from the taxpayers. Thus, it's only free to people who aren't paying taxes. Goodbye middle class. Goodbye upper class. Hello bureaucracy and fiefdom.
Hillary: Anyone who votes for someone being actively investigated by the FBI for crimes which would amount to treason needs to examine their conscience and their loyalty to this country.
I hear all this outrage against Trump from both sides of the aisle. What's sad is that this nation has fallen so far that he's the most appetizing option in this poop salad.

+Quote Post
msw_sportscards
post Oct 13 2020, 12:40 PM
Post #57

Collect Hard!!! RIP RGBII
Group Icon

First Name: Marc
Transactions: 84

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(RGBII @ Dec 2 2015, 12:56 AM)
He (Donald Trump) represents the filth and detritus of our generation.

We (my generation) were supposed to cure the problems and ill-health of this Democracy. We have failed, miserably and completely.

God, help us!

If y'all care about the future of this country, I'll pass along this little piece of information. Know your candidates, know their platforms and beliefs and know them well. In the end, when you go into the voting booth, be true to our American ideals.

Do it well and please, do it with some knowledge.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Here we are almost 5 years later. Although my viewpoints are different than Richard's on what those ideals look like, I always respected his side of the story. No truer words were ever written than what he wrote in this post. I'd love to hear what he has to say on the events that have transpired since his passing. But, at the same time, I think maybe his Creator bestowed upon him great mercy by taking him before the world went insane.

Collect Hard!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 24th April 2024 - 02:28 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us