Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> 2009 Triple Threads Baseball Group Case, any takers?

5pujols5
post Oct 23 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Veteran
Group Icon

First Name: Travis
Transactions: 32
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I have been wanting to have a case break of a good baseball product for a while now, but have been waiting for something nice to come out. Triple Threads looks to be a nice product this year. Everything will be done on here and on youtube. I have 2 proposed ideas for everyone. Just wanting to see if I get any takers and if so how many I can get.

Idea #1

If I can get 30 slots filled for $90 each slot then we can get a case of 18 boxes and we will put every slot into random.com and also put each team into random.com and i will random them both to see who gets which team. I will simply number each slot 1-30 and then put the teams in alphabetically and then random them off. Whatever person ends up in the number 1 slot will get whatever team ends up with the randomized number 1 slot and so on. Then we will take a week or so after the random for people to trade with others to try to get certain teams.

Idea #2

The second thought I have is if we can get 36 slots filled for $75 each slot then we can also do a 18 box case and each slot will get one mini box (each box has 2 mini boxes, and with an 18 box case that equals 36 mini boxes/slots). I will just simply put each slot into random.com and will random them to see who gets which mini box. Each mini box has a few base cards and a hit in it with every card in the mini box being numbered. That way each person is assured of getting something for their money. When the boxes are opened I will just pull the first box from the case and the mini box on top will be #1 and the one on bottom will be #2 and so on.

If we go with option #1 and we get a card that has multiple teams represented then we have some choices on what to do. First I would say that if there are a larger number of one team represented the owner of the most represented team gets the card. For instance if the card has 3 player on it and 2 are from the red sox and 1 from the yankees then the red sox owner gets the card. Also if someone owns 2 different slots and they own the yankees and angels, and a card comes out that has a yankees, red sox, and angels player on it then the card goes to the person that own two of the teams. Other thoughts are.
1. random the card off in which only those teams that are represented have an opportunity to get it.
2. We can go with Chris's method of what ever team is represented on the top (on vertically designed cards) or on the left ( on horizontally designed cards).
of course we could vote on these ideas. and if someone has another thought please let me know.

Again the random.com stuff and the case break itself will all be on youtube. I am just putting some feelers out there to see how many people are interested before I order a case. If this goes well I would also be interested in doing a case of the Topps Sterling when it comes out, or be interested in any other thoughts some might have. Please let me know.

Thanks alot

The difference between mercy and grace. Grace is when God gives us what we do not deserve. Mercy is when God does not give us what we do deserve!

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/zz321/5pujols5/

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us