Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · Standard · [ Linear+ ]

> Cards for Cancer, Please Read

srsly_chris
post Jan 13 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Christopher
Transactions: 301
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

CPAW & Friends Cards For Cancer

I was laying in bed tossing and turning last night, I had numerous thoughts running through my head, After a bit of deep thinking I was realizing how blessed I have been, we're all blessed in some way may it be, good family, a great job, or just being surrounded by positive people. I decided it may be time for me to do something and pay it forward to help others out. I thought of so many different things I could do. I decided on something that hit home with me, I lost my great-grandmother just 14 months prior to this to cancer, cancer is an awful disease that usually keeps people feeling down and it's just terrible. As all of us no there still is no cure to cancer at this time. I decided that I would donate an undisclosed amount of money to the Jimmy V Foundation. Thinking of different ways to raise this money I decided that me and my friends (all of you) could find a way together, I knew instantly that I could count on the card collecting community. I am not asking for much, I would be thrilled to have many members from the community search through their old shoe boxes, closets, storage boxes, etc, and find a few old auto's or game used cards they have laying around, send the cards over to me I would post every single card received in an EBAY auction, with 100 percent of the earnings going straight to the Jimmy V Foundation. Any Little bit would help, we're a strong community, almost as if we're all a family. Most of us are complete strangers besides knowing little of one another from trades, box breaks, and all the stuff that comes along with being a card collector. We all love to trade, so why not trade in a few cards to help fight cancer research and to save a few lifes. It would by far be the biggest and best trade you could possibly ever complete in your life. Below are some more details. This is something we can all be proud of!

It has been just 15 years since The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded by ESPN and Jim Valvano. And what significant work has been accomplished during that time! Since 1993, The V Foundation has raised more than $90 million and awarded cancer research grants in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Researchers have developed their laboratories and taken their science from the labs to the clinics with the help of funds raised by The V Foundation.

The V Foundation started with the dream of Jim Valvano, the passionate and committed former NC State basketball coach and award-winning broadcaster, as he battled cancer. Wanting to see the battle through to victory, Valvano recruited friends and family to lead The V Foundation in his quest to eradicate the disease that ultimately claimed his life. With a dire need for early developmental, critical-stage grant support, the Foundation was formed to assist the brilliant young researchers that will eventually find cures for cancer.

A relatively young organization, The V Foundation has a strong presence in the scientific community that belies its youth. The Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Board, comprised of some of the top physicians and research scientists from prominent universities and cancer centers nationwide, assures that only the cancer research projects with the most potential are funded. Thus, grant recipients funded by The V Foundation have excellent reputations within the scientific community.

The V Foundation has an excellent track record for finding and funding elite young scientists. Between 1994 -- when the first V Scholar grants were awarded -- and 2003, The V Foundation awarded 109 V Scholar grants to promising young researchers nationwide to help them establish their laboratories. Of those V Scholars, 93 percent have received additional funding and are still working in independent labs. An additional five percent are currently working in related research.

The V Foundation also takes great pride in its fiscal responsibility and is proud to announce that it gives 100 percent of all new direct cash donations and net event proceeds to cancer research and related programs. Recognized for its prudent fiscal management, The V Foundation has earned a top four-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest charity evaluator, for a seventh consecutive rating. Receiving a top rating from Charity Navigator indicates that The V Foundation has outperformed most of its peers in its efforts to manage and grow its finances.

Passion, friendship and commitment. These themes run deep in The V Foundation. We ask you to join us. Make a donation. Get involved. Call (919)380-9505 or 1-800-4JimmyV to join the cause.

The V Foundation awards 100 percent of all new direct cash donations and net proceeds of events directly to cancer research and related programs.

Details:
We will all donate a few game used or auto cards even if it's only one! ( I will be donating about 25 cards) ALL The cards will be collected by Jan 25th. I will then post a seven day ebay Auction with all of the proceeds going to the V Foundation (this is all set up through ebay) I will pay for you to ship me the cards if need be, and will also pay to ship the winning bidder all of the cards. I would also like to list every person(s) name on the ebay page as people who help make this possible, if you would like to remain Anonymous please let me know. I will post a direct link to the ebay auction that shows 100 percent of the earnings heading right over to the Jimmy V Foundation upon payment recieved!

If Interested in Sending Cards:
Please send me a personal message if you are interested in sending cards, when you send the cards please send a paper with your username and real name on the paper, if you would like to remain anonymous please let me know. Send donated cards to the following address.

PM FOR ADDRESS

All cards must be sent by January 28th. Let's all join in together and fight cancer!!!

Main Wants:
Marvin Harrison GU, Auto, #D, Rookies
Any Colts GU, Auto, #D, Rookies

I ship with a Bubble Mailer and DC Everytime! Do the same.

My Bucket (it's a work in progress, adding 15-20 Scans a Day)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 16th April 2024 - 03:08 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us