Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Some recent pickups, I'm excited

beanschat
post Jun 29 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #1

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 179
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: beanschat

SportsBuy: 122015

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:
June 2009 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

A few years ago I started trying to do more flipping of cards..specifically on another website. I enjoyed it though sales on that site have gotten more and more difficult as it continues...but I recently picked up some cards and truly don't care if I ever flip them!

I'm just not too excited about new products, though I have bought a few boxes of PRIZM baseball this year...and packs here and there of Topps...

My big hit on the PRIZM is a redemption (YAY!) of Kris Bryant auto #d to 75. Looks like if it were from Bowman Chrome it would be a few hundred dollars, on Prizm is probably somewhere between 75 and 100

I bought a few boxes off D & A a few months ago...wanted to get some boxes in which there were supposed to be some BIG hits..you know the ones, where you get like 1 base and one other in a $20 pack or so...so I bought 2012 SP Signature where they are selling WAY off of SRP...get some average autos out of it and am disappointed in there not even being any pictures of the players...but in the next to last pack I open... Yogi Berra Sandy Koufax dual auto....#d to 10.....#1. NICE!!

Went to card show a few months ago as well.just a little one. Saw a dealer with a section of his table of cards that he is trying to sell for $20 each. A couple get my attention and I try to negotiate with him. He doesn't budge and I can't blame him. But I walk away with two nice examples of 1941 double play cards...one with Mel Ott and Burgess Whitehead, the other with Charley Gehringer. Not sure of the value of these...but pretty sure I didn't get ripped off..

I do Craigslist lots as well occasionally and went to one late last year. It had a card that had grabbed my attention and the lot was only $30. Got some nice cards out of the lot including an graded Mint 10 Nationals Ted Williams ETopps , so the card that I had my eye on almost felt like it came for free...1940 George Sisler.

Then on my flipping...have sold cards for just under $2900 over the two years...always reinvest (though I am starting to get nervous about the site and have kind of taken the approach of buying some nicer cards and eventually shipping them back if they don't sell soon). So, some of the cards I have reinvest in? Lots of 70s George Brett and some Nolans as well..but I LOVE my older acquisitions...how about a 1958 Ted Williams #1. Off center to the lower right....but faces up nicely...for $60. or my 1954 Ted Williams #250. Rough shape...still probably good condition...for $51. I've picked up some Mays and Mantle 61 Post cards as well. And tonight...1958 Willie Mays #5...had put offers in on it and panicked and ended up paying the guy his list price because I was afraid someone else was going to grab it...a little rough in some spots..but I think a solid VG-Ex..for $29. Went ahead and hit his port for a few more cards including a 1958 Al Kaline, 1957 Hank Bauer, 1957 Hoyt Wilhelm, and a 1956 Early Wynn all for a total of $16 more...

I am thinking the last year has been a VERY solid year for picking up some seriously nice cards for my collection!

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jun 29 2014, 07:05 AM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 991

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2012 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

well lets see em?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Jun 29 2014, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Absolutely Steve..here are some I grabbed real quick..will have to see if I can find scans of the others later today...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jun 29 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #4

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 991

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2012 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

wow great stuff!

congrats

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
jaderock
post Jul 3 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #5

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 46

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Flipping is the only way to avoid spending your hard earned money on the hobby.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Jul 4 2014, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

correction...it is the only way to spend MORE on your hobby! laugh.gif My wife feels I spend More than plenty of my hard earned money...but it is a nice way to trade your way up!

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
5toosweet
post Jul 8 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #7

Jeff Bagwell Super Collector
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 1
First Name: Abel
Transactions: 542

eBay: 5toosweet

Awards:
Best Jeff Bagwell Collection Ever!

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Nice pick ups!

I also have lost some faith in a particular consignment site. I mainly use the site to buy cards to flip at shows. I was just about to send in a big bulk of cards to them and recently decided to list them on my own e-commerce website.

http://abels-cards.myshopify.com/

I have about 300 more cards to list now over the next couple weeks.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

"You must show no mercy.....nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.....for your greatness will silence them all."

Check Out My Cards!!!

Looking for:
1. Jeff Bagwell- HTF 90's base/inserts preferred
2. Vlad Guerrero
3. Paul Goldschmidt

My Facebook

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is online!PMProfile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 23rd May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us