Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sportsbuy.com/Naxcom stinks

jaderock
post May 15 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

For me...Here's why, the sellers are clueless and sportsbuy's customer service and policies are horrible.

Unfortunately, Sportsbuy, like Beckett's Marketplace, etc all do serve a purpose for my collection as there are always a "need" or a "want" on the site from time to time. I'm member 5193 which means I joined a LONG time ago. And in that time, I've had so many issues with them.

In the last month, I made 4 purchases after going 6 months without visiting their site. One transaction was finished quicky. The other 3, all disasters! All three cards "meant" something to me Jersey card, jersey card and rare quad auto.

Problem Case #1:
Bought on 4/13: 1997 Collector's Edge Masters Night Games Prisms #19 Mark Brunell (Serial #8/250 - his Jersey # with the Jaguars)

Seller emails me several days later and states I'll send when I get back from my trip on the 18th. I was happy with the communication and left it at that. I had forgotten this purchase until 5/6 when I filed a dispute for Problem Case #2 (below). Just like #2, the card had not arrived and a refund was issued in the form of a credit to sportsbuy.com

Problem Case #2:

Bought on 4/19: 1999 Pacific Paramount Premiere Date #108 Mark Brunell (Serial #11/62 - his jersey # with the Saints)

Emailed seller on 4/29 and he finally updates it as "sent" on 4/30. However, due to the policy of sportsbuy, I may be SOL if I do not file a dispute by the 12th day which I did not. I did file a dispute on 5/6, 16 days after the purhase and voila got the card on 5/8 with a postmarked endicia stamp on 5/6...what kind of ###### is that?

Problem Case #3: Sportsbuy allows buyers to list their want items with prices that are willing to pay. I have a total of $5772 in my current buy listings. To this date, sellers have executed 5 items from the list and all 5 have ended up as refunds because the wrong card was sent or the card mysterious never arrived.

Case #3 is no different. A seller executed this card on my buy list on 5/4 (which happened to trigger my memory of Case #2 and then case #1):
2004 Ultimate Collection Signature Quads Peyton Manning / Donovan Mcnabb / Byron Leftwich / Mark Brunell (Autographed - Serial #/5) at $225 plus an outrageous $8.60 for shipping!

Immediately upon receiving a sportsbuy confirmation, I checked to see what I bought. It was marked shipped on 5/4 and the seller listed a USPS tracking #. I checked the tracking # the next day, only to find out it was one digit short and I emailed the seller to get the the correct #. He replied - we'll do. We'll do became I'm sorry I got the numbers mixed up and it was the insurance # of which I paid for $300 so don't worry he said (except insurance numbers are vastly different from delivery confirmation #) and I'll mail out by the weekend. I said great but can I have insurance #...no reply. I patiently waited everyday for my mail as this card was a white whale of my at one point. Following the sportsbuy policy this time, I opened a dispute on the 10th day when it didn't arrive with mail that day. The sellers response to the dispute, was I though you got it since I didn't hear from you....and then the seller agreed to my dispute and a refund was credited to my sportsbuy cash account.

If you sent a $225 with insurance would you agree to the dispute that fast?!? In other words, the seller didn't have said card. UGH!
---
As for sportsbuy, emails concerning my transactions to the customer service and dispute addresses resulted in ZERO replies. Lastly, if I buy (or the seller executes) an item and I use a credit card, why isn't my credit card debited when the transaction fails?
---
Am I out of line in saying sportsbuy.com sucks?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kmart6nets
post May 15 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #2

An unhealthy obsession with Kenyon Martin
Group Icon

First Name: Tom
Transactions: 150

eBay: kmart6netsfan

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Why they don't credit your card is beyond me. What good is $225 in "sportsbuy bucks" or whatever. That's lame.

Always trading for Kenyon Martin

"With no regard for human life!"

My Photobucket! The Kenyon Thread

Protect your cards!

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
heynetboy
post May 16 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #3

Veteran
Group Icon

First Name: Walter

SportsBuy: 26377

View Gallery

Create Transaction

This is why I try to deal with only dealers that I know and trust. I know that is hard to do especially with rare cards. I have had really good luck on sportsbuy both buying and selling. I have had major trouble on Beckett and ebay. My biggest complaint is that a lot of sellers don't package the cards so they don't get damaged. I guess this is all just something we can't avoid with the amount of sellers out there that don't act in good faith.

QUOTE(jaderock @ May 15 2010, 05:32 PM)
For me...Here's why, the sellers are clueless and sportsbuy's customer service and policies are horrible.

Unfortunately, Sportsbuy, like Beckett's Marketplace, etc all do serve a purpose for my collection as there are always a "need" or a "want" on the site from time to time. I'm member 5193 which means I joined a LONG time ago. And in that time, I've had so many issues with them.

In the last month, I made 4 purchases after going 6 months without visiting their site. One transaction was finished quicky. The other 3, all disasters! All three cards "meant" something to me Jersey card, jersey card and rare quad auto.

Problem Case #1:
Bought on 4/13: 1997 Collector's Edge Masters Night Games Prisms #19 Mark Brunell (Serial #8/250 - his Jersey # with the Jaguars)

Seller emails me several days later and states I'll send when I get back from my trip on the 18th. I was happy with the communication and left it at that. I had forgotten this purchase until 5/6 when I filed a dispute for Problem Case #2 (below). Just like #2, the card had not arrived and a refund was issued in the form of a credit to sportsbuy.com

Problem Case #2:

Bought on 4/19: 1999 Pacific Paramount Premiere Date #108 Mark Brunell (Serial #11/62 - his jersey # with the Saints)

Emailed seller on 4/29 and he finally updates it as "sent" on 4/30. However, due to the policy of sportsbuy, I may be SOL if I do not file a dispute by the 12th day which I did not. I did file a dispute on 5/6, 16 days after the purhase and voila got the card on 5/8 with a postmarked endicia stamp on 5/6...what kind of ###### is that?

Problem Case #3: Sportsbuy allows buyers to list their want items with prices that are willing to pay. I have a total of $5772 in my current buy listings. To this date, sellers have executed 5 items from the list and all 5 have ended up as refunds because the wrong card was sent or the card mysterious never arrived.

Case #3 is no different. A seller executed this card on my buy list on 5/4 (which happened to trigger my memory of Case #2 and then case #1):
2004 Ultimate Collection Signature Quads Peyton Manning / Donovan Mcnabb / Byron Leftwich / Mark Brunell (Autographed - Serial #/5) at $225 plus an outrageous $8.60 for shipping!

Immediately upon receiving a sportsbuy confirmation, I checked to see what I bought. It was marked shipped on 5/4 and the seller listed a USPS tracking #. I checked the tracking # the next day, only to find out it was one digit short and I emailed the seller to get the the correct #. He replied - we'll do. We'll do became I'm sorry I got the numbers mixed up and it was the insurance # of which I paid for $300 so don't worry he said (except insurance numbers are vastly different from delivery confirmation #) and I'll mail out by the weekend. I said great but can I have insurance #...no reply. I patiently waited everyday for my mail as this card was a white whale of my at one point. Following the sportsbuy policy this time, I opened a dispute on the 10th day when it didn't arrive with mail that day. The sellers response to the dispute, was I though you got it since I didn't hear from you....and then the seller agreed to my dispute and a refund was credited to my sportsbuy cash account.

If you sent a $225 with insurance would you agree to the dispute that fast?!? In other words, the seller didn't have said card. UGH!
---
As for sportsbuy, emails concerning my transactions to the customer service and dispute addresses resulted in ZERO replies. Lastly, if I buy (or the seller executes) an item and I use a credit card, why isn't my credit card debited when the transaction fails?
---

Like me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wallyscards/156823831032848
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/wallyscards

wallyscards.com

Thousands of Hard to Find Cards

Minor League Singles 1970-2000's (Find your favorite player) I have one of the largest selections in the country.
Autographs
Errors & Variations
Game Used
Oddball & Food Issues
Promos
Show Exclusives
Test Issues

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
HToutlaws
post May 16 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

First Name: HT

eBay: htoutlaws

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ May 15 2010, 05:32 PM)

I have bought from there a handful of times with no problems.

Your experience really sucks though. Good luck.

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Rusty_Dawg37
post May 16 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #5

Happy Low End FB Collector!
Group Icon

First Name: Russell
Transactions: 124

eBay: rusty371

View Gallery

Create Transaction

if I buy (or the seller executes) an item and I use a credit card, why isn't my credit card debited when the transaction fails?

Suppose to according to their merchant agreement for processing credit card sales and refunds. They cant pool your money if its from a credit card.

NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
cardcrazed
post May 16 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #6

COLTS Cards I will Find YOU!
Group Icon

First Name: Justin
Transactions: 2

eBay: coltsfanatic09

Awards:
October 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

looks like I won't be buying from sportsbuy.com!

Justin

Colts fan 4-life
I collect any Colts card, if they are wearing a Colt uniform I want that card!
262 Colts autos ND cards: 505 (125 AU)(TTM's 216(180/208)(86%)(HOF autos 13)
340 Manning cards and counting! (not counting dupes)
Notre Dame collector (must be wearing the uniform),
GO IRISH!

Starting a Murray State PC! Supporting my Alma Mater! # of cards: 10
Jeff Samardzija PC! # of cards: 62 (3AU)
TCC's only Draft "BUST" Collection! # of cards: 277
Red Wings Goalie Jimmy Howard PC! # of cards: 20
Jeff Gordon PC # of cards: 12
plus too too many others to mention!

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
edgerrin32
post May 16 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #7

TCC's mr. talk a lot! :)>
Group Icon

First Name: Jason
Transactions: 37

Awards:
November 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

If they cant refund your card, then send you a MO or check!

Always looking for Edgerrin James and Javarris James cards I need!

**MY WANTS**
-2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub auto versions only. Base set of stubs is done!
-2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto version.
-Colts Super Bowl tickets from any Super Bowl they played in. Prefer full tickets but would be open to stubs as well. Only tickets from the Manning ERA!
-A Super Bowl ticket or stub from the AZ Cardinals and Steelers.
-Any full ticket or stub that has Edgerrin James on it!
-Edgerrin James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Any checklist that has Edgerrin or Javarris James name on it!
-Any cards of the actors from Married With Children.
-Ice-T auto- From Razor.
-Some of the Celebrity GU and autos. Mostly famous movie actors I like. Nothing super high end.

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Rusty_Dawg37
post May 16 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Happy Low End FB Collector!
Group Icon

First Name: Russell
Transactions: 124

eBay: rusty371

View Gallery

Create Transaction

if u report it to mastercard/visa they get fined smile.gif

NFL Team:
+Quote Post
jaderock
post May 16 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #9

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(heynetboy @ May 16 2010, 06:53 AM)
This is why I try to deal with only dealers that I know and trust. I know that is hard to do especially with rare cards. I have had really good luck on sportsbuy both buying and selling. I have had major trouble on Beckett and ebay. My biggest complaint is that a lot of sellers don't package the cards so they don't get damaged. I guess this is all just something we can't avoid with the amount of sellers out there that don't act in good faith.

Sportsbuy is the King of Plain White Envelop shipping...when I asked why it was $4.50 with insurance and it comes in PWE, they said, "it's only an issue if you didn't get it"!!!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
edgerrin32
post May 21 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #10

TCC's mr. talk a lot! :)>
Group Icon

First Name: Jason
Transactions: 37

Awards:
November 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ May 16 2010, 02:43 PM)
Sportsbuy is the King of Plain White Envelop shipping...when I asked why it was $4.50 with insurance and it comes in PWE, they said, "it's only an issue if you didn't get it"!!!

So what If you get it and its damaged! Noting bugs me worse than over priced shipping, and a rare card, that comes in a PWE with a stamp or 2 on it!

I wouldn't care If it was a base card I needed and I paid a quarter for and .75 shipping ( so a buck shipped). But don't put my $30-40 1/1 in a PWE when you charged me $5 bucks for shipping!

Always looking for Edgerrin James and Javarris James cards I need!

**MY WANTS**
-2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub auto versions only. Base set of stubs is done!
-2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto version.
-Colts Super Bowl tickets from any Super Bowl they played in. Prefer full tickets but would be open to stubs as well. Only tickets from the Manning ERA!
-A Super Bowl ticket or stub from the AZ Cardinals and Steelers.
-Any full ticket or stub that has Edgerrin James on it!
-Edgerrin James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Any checklist that has Edgerrin or Javarris James name on it!
-Any cards of the actors from Married With Children.
-Ice-T auto- From Razor.
-Some of the Celebrity GU and autos. Mostly famous movie actors I like. Nothing super high end.

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
meuandthelot
post May 21 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #11

Helping Hand
Group Icon

Transactions: 1

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I hear you Jade..

My time there was fun too, early on it was not that bad really. but that changed, I especially lost interest after they changed their well established name

I can only imagine the frustration you've had after listing your extensive wants-needs, have something executed(so you thought) only to have a mess which costs you more valuable time to clear up.

I wonder how many times a Brunell card has been held for a kings ransom without you in the equation? wink.gif

My almost updated trade+ site. Looking for Vintage all sports, and nice pieces from teams below PM/email with any offers. Thank You. Also 1990 Topps, and 2003 old logo.
Call someone a dodee buttt in the heat of a debate, banhammer, trying with all your might to pass fakes, or what amounts to fraud..Eh, give em a break, he made a mistake??!!??

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
whatwild
post May 23 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #12

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Brandon
Transactions: 87

Restrictions:
Must Send First

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Last time I looked Sportsbuy wasnt verified.

Why I never bought off there.

I forget the site to find this on but like Amazon,Ebay, Ect are verified.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o18/whatwild/

All Transactions
TCC-86
SCFreaks-16
SCforum-3
Thebench-9
Peggys-31
Ebay-251

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Beavers98
post May 25 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #13

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Brandon
Transactions: 148

eBay: beavers98

SportsBuy: 112178

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sorry to hear about your expereinces, but I really like sportsbuy. Have had great luck with them. Been there for about 5 years and sold literally thousands of cards, some that I wouldn't have been able to sell elsewhere, and bought some nice ones for my collection for a good price as well.......

Like everywhere there are some idiots. The only time I was jipped was early when I sent some expensive cards without DC (New policy states you have to do that now, and I would have but the mailing sub-station at a grocery store didn't know how to do it that day)--In any case the buyer I'm sure got the cards realized he could get them for free, stated he didn't get them and sportsbuy(naxcom then) refunded his money...Lesson learned for me.

In any case I am sorry to hear about your experiences, but I am so glad I came across the sportsbuy site!!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 27th April 2024 - 10:54 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us